Producer Letter for Autumn 2016

24567

Comments

  • BaldurdashBaldurdash ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Baldurdash wrote: »
    They don't mean to, they have to make the best of their situation and for everyone involved and they don't make decisions lightly. Of course a few people are going to be unhappy, you can't please everyone.
    They do mean to. Give everyone affected a free transfer to any server they'd like, lift the restrictions on what can be transferred for those affected, give all affected by the transfer reimbursement for the character and bank slots they're losing, etc..

    They can do much more than they're doing now.

    I don't think you realize transfers to any server would overflow MT and TR effectively killing the new merged server.
  • Would make more sense to beef up the two biggest servers instead of waiting for yet another merge to happen sometime in the future. We are getting a 30-man raid, right? I could count on one hand the number of guilds with enough geared and dedicated players to even bother attempting that on MT.
  • SametbhSametbh ✭✭✭
    With people growing busier with commitments (school/work) in the Fall (realize that Ninja release + flying mounts + summer is the PEAK of tera year round), the server merge is needed for the players. As a player on Highwatch I didn't have much to gain from this merge other than unwanted pvp, but this merge is extremely beneficial for the players who actually play the game.

    Check out LoT and VoT and tell me that their current populations and levels of endgame activity are healthy. Anyway, the official decisions have been made. Though some parts of the merge are rough edged, I holistically agree with the merger and thank EME for listening to its playerbase and moving forward with a merge.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    Baldurdash wrote: »
    So what happens if I purchased 4 character slots on both VoT and LoT? I end up losing 4 of them and having to delete half of my characters.

    17k gold for a character slot is pretty cheap, just find someone selling emp and get the rest of the four that you need on only one server(vot or lot). Your max slots on one server will carry over.

    But I do think that it is not a smart decision to award character slots -after- merge because you won't even be able to log in until you delete characters. @Treeshark @Spacecats

    i have to agree on this one, this is pretty bad and confusing solution, there is 2 weeks till merge, it's enough time to make it more logical. giving free character slots so people can keep their characters, but won't be able to log in to claim them before deleting some is just....
  • So are we going to be able to get all the loot pets, bank pets, felicities, char mounts, achievement reward items, bound items that aren't even obtainable anymore, and costumes/weapon skins that we paid actual money for rebound? I'm going to have well over the max amount of characters after this merge and am going to have to resort to deleting max level characters that have cash shop items, that I've purchased with real currency, before I'm even able to log into the server.
  • Antlur wrote: »
    So are we going to be able to get all the loot pets, bank pets, felicities, char mounts, achievement reward items, bound items that aren't even obtainable anymore, and costumes/weapon skins that we paid actual money for rebound? I'm going to have well over the max amount of characters after this merge and am going to have to resort to deleting max level characters that have cash shop items, that I've purchased with real currency, before I'm even able to log into the server.
    Send some to AV during the free transfer period, if that can handle your excess.

    I dont know if this will work, but you may be able to carry the 4 free extra character slots items with you to AV to use there, to open up more slots on AV. It depends on whether they give it in the form of items.

    However the fact that you cannot log in until characters over the limit are set to deletion makes it very dfficult to arrange them to carry things.

    So its probably best to aquire some extra character slots on AV now.
  • What EME should do is for each character slot people lose they should be given a slot on AV (or a character slot item that they can carry to AV)
  • Really looking forward to this stuff, EME rocks my free times always lol

    Note: Soon I come back with one of my threads about some points we need to consider in this process :proud:
  • why are ruin the game i hate pvp that why i chose a pve server that you are forcing pvp on durring merger and i have 12 chariter on there and o ya your only alwoing to move 2 to the another pve server i have to buy everything again for incling the other 10 slots back thank u for ruining tera for me
  • Sorry but I need clarification on this

    Please note that if you choose to transfer characters to Ascension Valley during the free transfer period, your character slots, bank tabs, and wardrobe tabs will not be transferred.

    So I have 3 characters
    All of which are level 65 with max character inventory slots (88 inventory slots)
    I have 4 bank tabs filled with items (and 1 wardrobe tab, but containing only like 10 items, so my characters can just carry them in their inventory)

    What happens when I transfer all of them to Ascension Valley via the free server transfer?
    Can I transfer all three characters or only 1 character? only 2 characters?
    Do I keep the items on my character's inventory?
    What happens to the items in my bank tabs?
    Do I lose all of the items in my bank tabs? (meaning, when I open the bank tab at ascension valley, I only see 1 empty bank tab with no items)

    Thank you in advance
  • LF5NFK4JDJ wrote: »
    Sorry but I need clarification on this

    Please note that if you choose to transfer characters to Ascension Valley during the free transfer period, your character slots, bank tabs, and wardrobe tabs will not be transferred.

    So I have 3 characters
    All of which are level 65 with max character inventory slots (88 inventory slots)
    I have 4 bank tabs filled with items (and 1 wardrobe tab, but containing only like 10 items, so my characters can just carry them in their inventory)

    What happens when I transfer all of them to Ascension Valley via the free server transfer?
    Can I transfer all three characters or only 1 character? only 2 characters?
    Do I keep the items on my character's inventory?
    What happens to the items in my bank tabs?
    Do I lose all of the items in my bank tabs? (meaning, when I open the bank tab at ascension valley, I only see 1 empty bank tab with no items)

    Thank you in advance

    You can transfer all those items in your bank with the chars, just fill their pockets, make a new char if needed, also you can buy bank slots later. Also I am not so found of pvp while leveling, and guess what it won't happen in FF (Fey Forest), and at level 65 ppl are busy with a lot of other stuff to pk me while doing my dailies lol

    You are freaking out like they gonna do unspeakable stuff to you in the Fey Forest :angry:
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    6KCL3FNTCF wrote: »
    why are ruin the game i hate pvp that why i chose a pve server that you are forcing pvp on durring merger and i have 12 chariter on there and o ya your only alwoing to move 2 to the another pve server i have to buy everything again for incling the other 10 slots back thank u for ruining tera for me

    you know, news about merge and free transfer was announced like a month ago, not yesterday. that was more than enough time to create a character and earn enough gold to purchase. i'm not speaking in theory, i made a mystic on AV, and made nearly 300k. i bought character slot and bank expansins not just for me, but for my friend as well. i'm talking about 14 character slots and 4 bank expansions. i already bought before 10 slots here on VoT as well as 3 bank expansions. should i cry now cause i bought them already? and now i have to do it again? dude, stop whining and blaming EME for your laziness
  • There is no time frame for the characters to be deleted, but you will not be able to play on this server until this is done.
    And we are in 2016 bois!
  • Baldurdash wrote: »
    So what happens if I purchased 4 character slots on both VoT and LoT? I end up losing 4 of them and having to delete half of my characters.

    17k gold for a character slot is pretty cheap, just find someone selling emp and get the rest of the four that you need on only one server(vot or lot). Your max slots on one server will carry over.

    But I do think that it is not a smart decision to award character slots -after- merge because you won't even be able to log in until you delete characters. @Treeshark @Spacecats

    The characters only have to be set in a deleted state. Right now on our servers if a character is Level 40 or higher, if you try and delete it, it will just be greyed out but not actually deleted for 24 hours. If you set enough of these characters in this state, you can log in and activate the Additional Character Slots. You can then go back and undelete the characters you put in the deleted state that you want back. The minimum level will be lowered to 15 on this servers temporarily so more characters can essentially be saved without being auto-deleted.
  • ReezReez ✭✭
    With people growing busier with commitments (school/work) in the Fall (realize that Ninja release + flying mounts + summer is the PEAK of tera year round), the server merge is needed for the players. As a player on Highwatch I didn't have much to gain from this merge other than unwanted pvp, but this merge is extremely beneficial for the players who actually play the game.

    Check out LoT and VoT and tell me that their current populations and levels of endgame activity are healthy. Anyway, the official decisions have been made. Though some parts of the merge are rough edged, I holistically agree with the merger and thank EME for listening to its playerbase and moving forward with a merge.

    HW people still complaining about this "unwanted PvP?" lmao
Sign In or Register to comment.