[PC] Maintenance is completed!

About the server merge thing

Hello.
I quit playing TERA some time ago,but I heard about this server merge thing happening and it got me a bit interested.I still have some characters on other servers I was thinking could you somehow allow people to transfer to the new server for free from other servers.
My characters are in CH and I really dont feel like playing there but I dont feel like lvling again on new server either so if somehow other servers are allowed to transfer to the new one I would almost certainly come back to the game once again.

Comments

• EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free transfer is only for Frey Forest to Ascension Valley, server transfers will still be available for any server.
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Free transfer is only for Frey Forest to Ascension Valley, server transfers will still be available for any server.

Yes,I realized that.My post is more of a suggestion than a question.
    As I said I stopped playing TERA like 2-3 months back,and I kinda feel like coming back if somehow they allowed free transfer to the new server from another server like CH where my characters are at.
  • THEPG wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »

As I said I stopped playing TERA like 2-3 months back,and I kinda feel like coming back if somehow they allowed free transfer to the new server from another server like CH where my characters are at.

Does that mean you aren't interested in making a new character when Fey Forest opens?
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    THEPG wrote: »

http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/48738/#Comment_48738
  • THEPGTHEPG ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Spacecats wrote: »

Does that mean you aren't interested in making a new character when Fey Forest opens?

Not really.
    I leveled way too many characters in the past and I find it the most boring part of TERA + it would mean giving up my diamond laurel,all those wb kills that come with it,costumes and other things.
    I would probably quit playing before even reaching 65 if I made a new character again.
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »

http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/48738/#Comment_48738

I see the question has already been asked and answered.Oh well,thanks.
  • Spacecats wrote: »

You should reconsider not allowing people to transfer for free from current servers to the new one, this could be the difference between success and failure.

Since there's no math that anyone can do to find the exact numbers for the retention of players in FF, we can only bet that despite the difficulties created to go to AV by the merge rules, like losing names and not refunding the character slots, the new server will still lack healthy pop numbers. But I do believe that the people from other servers interested in a change of airs outnumbers the people who are willing to go to AV, if the transfer is free.

People who wants to change airs (probably everyone not in a major guild and/or not in MT, due the new content focus) by paying a transfer will not jump aboard immediately, they will wait to see how the new server settles, but after a week of bleeding players to AV, the momentum is already lost and the new server will not be appealing for a change of airs, like MT is. People who left VoT and LoT by paying to go to MT, will not pay again to get back. People who have a comfortable amount of items and costumes in other servers, will not start again in a new server from scratch.

• Spacecats wrote: »

You should reconsider not allowing people to transfer for free from current servers to the new one, this could be the difference between success and failure.

Since there's no math that anyone can do to find the exact numbers for the retention of players in FF, we can only bet that despite the difficulties created to go to AV by the merge rules, like losing names and not refunding the character slots, the new server will still lack healthy pop numbers. But I do believe that the people from other servers interested in a change of airs outnumbers the people who are willing to go to AV, if the transfer is free.

People who wants to change airs (probably everyone not in a major guild and/or not in MT, due the new content focus) by paying a transfer will not jump aboard immediately, they will wait to see how the new server settles, but after a week of bleeding players to AV, the momentum is already lost and the new server will not be appealing for a change of airs, like MT is. People who left VoT and LoT by paying to go to MT, will not pay again to get back. People who have a comfortable amount of items and costumes in other servers, will not start again in a new server from scratch.

This is what I thought about when I first reconsidered the possibility of free transfer being allowed to the new server.It would help populate the new server and maybe bring back some members like myself and it really sounds like its in EME's best interest that it actually happens,but oh well I'm just a player not a person from EME,they should know best what benefits them.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats I'd also advise opening up limited free transfers from pvp servers like MT into the new server. We are seeing here in the forums all the misunderstanding between pve players who will leave the merged server no matter what without giving it a single opportunity, so an influx of pvp-ers could be good for the new server to compensate for all those people who are sure they will be hunted down like witches in the middle ages if they stay in the merged server.

That's my opinion for your consideration.