[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

New version of Mongo event--Feedback post

While there are posts about this event, the headings are either critical or address a specific aspect. I wanted a thread where I (and others so inclined) could post their likes/dislikes in a constructive manner.

Overall, I absolutely LOVE the changes.

1. Knowing the areas that spawn the Mongos. Now if I'm finding nothing I at least know I'm not wasting my time in an area where nothing will ever show up.

2. New drops. I love the loot for common, uncommon and rare Mongos. Haven't experienced the legendary so I can't comment. Commons drop enough to keep me interested and the others feel like a big payoff. I love the idea of dividing them by type of drop.

3. Variety. I find myself changing areas hoping to find one of the types I haven't already "hugged".

4. Which brings me to flavor text. Whoever wrote that introductory announcement is awesome. I have laughed so hard, and reread it several times. That is some excellent comedic writing.

5. Duration. Three days is just about perfect, especially if it happens every few months. I love hunting events and this is one of the best I've ever taken part in.

Dislikes:

1. Low number of channels in certain areas. But since I seem to recall that this was a known issue for some weeks, I'm guessing you're already working on that. It is however very frustrating when it gets crowded.

2. People going on and on about getting 40 or more rare mongos. Like I'm excited to have found three. I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong but there is definitely an achievement gap here. This is entirely EME/BH's fault and I expect just compensation delivered to my item claim in the form of a noble tinder account wide mount. :mrgreen:

3. Timing. None of my friends can play right now.

As you can see, overall I'm having a blast. Most of my problems with the new format are nothing that you can do anything about, and one thing I seem to recall is already being worked on.

Just to be crystal clear I am poking fun with that second dislike. While I would love a noble mount or something, I have always known that others are MUCH better at these hunting things than I am, and I am truly happy for other players successes.

Comments

• berrymilkberrymilk ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    i think this event is great only one thing i would add in is matts for etchings or something to do with that population
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    On your second dislike, part of that could be that some people hunt in raids which makes it easier to get rare drops. I know I've gotten quite a few since I hunt with friends. Also players who were on at the start saw a much higher spawn rate than what we have now.

The first few Legendary bams have been lackluster in loot compared to the smaller mongos. I think that's the most common complaint I get is that after finding something there's only ten of and killing it they feel the value isn't worth it compared to just continuing to hunt the little ones. It's been suggested that the legendary be harder to kill and have better loot.

Other than that I've also had a lot of fun.
  • We Killed Legendary Giant Mandrill and the loot was DISAPPOINTING

50x pre, alk
    some fs
    and Crown of Gold ..!

even uncommon Mongos has better drops lmao
  • Here are my thoughts personally.. (This is constructive criticism, not a complaint post.)
    I think there definitely is a bit of a weird imbalance with the legendary mongos giving virtually the same amount as you could receive from 4 mongos in the shorter amount of time aswell.

I think the event really took into account how many people felt left out last event when we weren't able to find any because of the broad and vague details. When the event first started and the mongos were dropping superior/rare items over and over I felt it was absolutely ridiculous.. which I'm guessing was not the goal of the event or intended. I appreciate the balance because the cosmetics market and innerwear market was imbalanced but - now it's again imbalanced in a different way. Which is, actually, not the worst thing ever so again, really appreciate all of the free stuff from this event. It was overwhelming, even.

TLDR; I feel that EME/BH really took into account how disappointed a lot of us felt during the last two events and really delivered (almost too well).

However, the issue I'm running into now is a variety in consumables or drops. I kind of feel like I know what is going to drop everytime and it's slightly harder to get myself motivated to go. The abundance in feedstock and consumables is extremely nice of EME/BH especially after the last mongo event where a lot of us felt we weren't heard or communicated with enough.

TLDR; I really like not knowing what the next thing is going to give.. the idea of it being super rare or complete garbage is something that makes finding ANOTHER really fun.

I really like that you can hunt this with your entire guild and receive the parcel while also searching the same place. It doesn't feel like too much at all and the pace is sometimes very consistent (depending on the volume of people in the area) which is 110% better than it was last event.

The drops are reflecting time spent looking for them and while I know I mentioned a lack of variety I actually also feel the variety in terms of different drops in different places is very refreshing. I still would prefer the chance to get a bad item, and a super rare. I know that sounds silly being that you're handing us enchanting consumables and innerwear like hot cakes.. but I've almost already gotten enough of these things and I don't mean it to be ungrateful.

Anyway, good job EME/BH we appreciate this event. It's nice that finally all of my friends and I are participating in a weekend event again - because the last few we all gave up on the event within an hour or so.

• I'm snatching up the underrated Swiftly Hardy and Smart Dyads. Thanks guys.
  • Catservant wrote: »
    3. Timing. None of my friends can play right now.

I really appreciate feedback like this. Thanks for taking the time to make a well thought-out post. I'm curious, why can't your friends play this weekend?

In regards to channels, some were added this morning to give players some space, but we might end up adding one or two more to areas populated by Mongos.
  • edited August 2016
    StarSprite wrote: »
    The first few Legendary bams have been lackluster in loot compared to the smaller mongos... It's been suggested that the legendary be harder to kill and have better loot.

It's hard to make Legendaries more difficult to kill. Especially when multiple raids are showing up to kill them. It's just not something we can tweak at the moment. Even with 30-player raids coming in 2016, the groups I've seen in-game hunting Mongo Legends can consist of dozens or players. That's a lot of player power for one monster to handle :)

Similarly, that makes upping their Legendary loot a difficult task. Those actively participating can potentially land themselves 6 or more Legendary rewards in a couple hours. That's potentially hundreds of Feedstock and Alkahest per person, along with any costumes and other items Legends might drop. Compare that to the average loot you'd get doing a single dungeon three or four times in the same amount of time (assuming you have a decent group).
  • 50x pre, alk
    some fs
    and Crown of Gold ..!

It was 120x T9 Feedstock per Mandrill.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    The first few Legendary bams have been lackluster in loot compared to the smaller mongos... It's been suggested that the legendary be harder to kill and have better loot.

It's hard to make Legendaries more difficult to kill. Especially when multiple raids are showing up to kill them. It's just not something we can tweak at the moment. Even with 30-player raids coming in 2016, the groups I've seen in-game hunting Mongo Legends can consist of dozens or players. That's a lot of player power for one monster to handle :)

Similarly, that makes upping their Legendary loot a difficult task. Those actively participating can potentially land themselves 6 or more Legendary rewards in a couple hours. That's potentially hundreds of Feedstock and Alkahest per person, along with any costumes and other items Legends might drop. Compare that to the average loot you'd get doing a single dungeon three or four times in the same amount of time (assuming you have a decent group).
    Yeah that's true. There are A LOT of people out hunting for sure so it makes sense that the loot reflects it. Maybe we could see a return of the beetle that has the one shot aoe or something like it? o: It was a fun mechanic to work around.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Even with 30-player raids coming in 2016,

Spacecats you know how to tease. :^)
  • 1vZKJjC.jpg

Got all this in only a 2 hours with a Happy and friendly Raid, and yesterday i bought my +16 for 30K, for me it is already worth.
    Way more fun/worth than first one.
    And now i can give some Moon to my friends :pleased:
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Spawn rates are horrible.
    In Spring Valley we had a wild hour just now, after that spawn rates dropped to basically 0. This up and down is very hurting. The same thing happened in Seeliewood.

I dont know how this works, but within 20 minutes we lost 4-raid worth of raid members, because there was nothing to kill.

And on top of that we had 3 nerfs today, without notice or explanation. Just because.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    50x pre, alk
    some fs
    and Crown of Gold ..!

It was 120x T9 Feedstock per Mandrill.

120x fs 50x prem alk are not worth to search for ~1 hour to find 1 or 2 Legendary Mongos " In 20-man raid " .

farming uncommon Mongos in Scythera fae gives you 200x T9 200x T10 200x GF tokens per hour at least ..

Don't Misunderstand me ,
    I like this Mongo A lot .. It's way better than the last one , and It's one of the best events I'v seen " besides 2015 kyra boxes event "
    I hope you adjust legendary Mongos loot table .
  • I agree the respawn rate seems a bit weird. You get a ton for like an hour and then nothing... I wonder if there's just no one to really make sure they spawn consistently without overfeeding us.
  • edited August 2016
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    I agree the respawn rate seems a bit weird. You get a ton for like an hour and then nothing... I wonder if there's just no one to really make sure they spawn consistently without overfeeding us.

It doesn't really work like that. The servers spawn them regularly as they're killed, so the total population stays the same on every server at all times. Maybe they're just reappearing in spots you aren't used to looking in?