[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Nerfs to beetle makes finding Unity Stoles impossible

So I made the mistake of spending the broken portion of this weekend's event farming smart dyads and swiftly hardy dyads, so I decided I'd spend the rest of the weekend farming beetles to get a unity stole since I've missed every event so far that gives them out.

The first day was okay I guess. In the course of 9 hours of farming I found maybe 15 gold beetles. However, the spawn rates for beetles TANKED since yesterday, to the point that I'd be lucky to find one beetle in THREE HOURS. I swapped to farming MWA because going for a unity stole literally is a waste of time now.

Suffice to say I'm disappointed about that. The MWA and Feed from this event is nice, but I really wish that they hadn't made it practically impossible to get a unity stole, considering that's the only cosmetic that I really, really want.

Comments

• You arent looking hard enough for those gold beetles. I found 10 in 3 hours and overall 48 in this event but I still got no unity stole so you could say it's pretty impossible to get it now after the nerfed it.
  • Same here, Spacecats said that it was the same as it was before but I've asked global several times and noone has gotten one since the nerf. I even went at it for more than 6 hours and nothing.
  • They're dropped by rare, golden scarabs.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    They're dropped by rare, golden scarabs.

this. and drop rate is 0.00000001% due to exploit *clap*

They are and I know that, but the spawn rate for golden beetles is INCREDIBLY bad. 15 in 9 hours is bad but manageable, but 1 in 3 hours? That's just not reasonable.
  • Srosa wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

That isn't true. It's the same it was at the start.
  • sandaysanday
    edited August 2016
    Srosa wrote: »

Something affected the spawn rate to the point that after the first twelve hours of the event they became extremely rare. Ultimately I gave up farming beetles.
  • SeniroSeniro ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    This. I farmed for hours on multiple servers, alone and in raids and nothing. It's really frustrating seeing everyone with 1 for each alt and knowing that because I have a job I couldn't get mine.
    Srosa wrote: »

Surely atleast 1 would drop in 54 scarab kills considering my guildie got 2 at the start
  • Spawn rate was nerfed and people who spent some time saw nerf. Why? Well, because instead of 30 parcels on the first event day they got 2-3 on a last day.
    True story
  • I am just amazed at how many people want this ugly black scarf, to the point that people will pay up to 100k on TR if you find one and let them loot it. It's just not that nice of a cosmetic.
  • HecateNyx wrote: »
    I am just amazed at how many people want this ugly black scarf, to the point that people will pay up to 100k on TR if you find one and let them loot it. It's just not that nice of a cosmetic.

u know, thats like, just your opinion man.
  • At beginning when someone said on global that he got Unity Stole from scarabs I said to myself "It's okay, I can go sleep right now because of headache, tomorrow I will get it too!". My bf didnt go sleep and got 4 scarfs in short time but when I woke up I couldn't imagine how could they decrease drop rate so much. I spent on mongos 10-12hours per day and didnt get any single unity stole.. My friends got many of mwa, spellbinds, feedstocks and cosmetics when i got just few of it because the most of the time i spent on scarabs. WTH does it means?! You didnt give to ppl any compensation for their lost money on 7-day castanica outfit and for those who even havent chance to claim it. Now you destroyed chance to get Unity Stole for those who couldn't be in game at beginning. Im so happy with your JUSTICE. What next event will you ruin?
  • killing mandrake smart dyads 18 and hardy dyads 47
  • SyjitraSyjitra ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    HecateNyx wrote: »
    I am just amazed at how many people want this ugly black scarf, to the point that people will pay up to 100k on TR if you find one and let them loot it. It's just not that nice of a cosmetic.

I've got 5 of them sitting in my wardrobe unused(from a guild event a couple of years back).. I personally don't like them(or any scarf for that matter), but I hold on to them anyway for whatever reason.