[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

New version of Mongo event--Feedback post

Comments

• frenchbulldogfrenchbulldog ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Beetle spawn rate is just not worth it unless your raid is able to channel hop. Or you're badly in need of feedstock.

Here on TR, it seems like majority of the server realizes this. Since yesterday and today, there's only one raid at Lake of Tears and we're just channel hopping every 5 minutes or so.

Eventually the channel dries up, and you can go without a single beetle for 10+ minutes. Even with channel hopping, it gets rough.

At these spawn rates, FS reward should be doubled.

EDIT:

Mandrakes are even worse. No one has been farming there since day 1.
  • @Spacecats next event disable drop for raid and party .

Raiding aspect of the event made it a success.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    StarSprite wrote: »
    On your second dislike, part of that could be that some people hunt in raids which makes it easier to get rare drops. I know I've gotten quite a few since I hunt with friends. Also players who were on at the start saw a much higher spawn rate than what we have now.

The first few Legendary bams have been lackluster in loot compared to the smaller mongos. I think that's the most common complaint I get is that after finding something there's only ten of and killing it they feel the value isn't worth it compared to just continuing to hunt the little ones. It's been suggested that the legendary be harder to kill and have better loot.

Other than that I've also had a lot of fun.

How does being in a raid work? Does that mean we could be spread all over the continent or do we have to be in the same country to share loot drops? Or is it like being in a party and we have to be very close (not greyed out). Does it work for stuff dropped on the ground or just stuff that comes through parcel post?

In any case thanks for giving me the hint, and feedback about the Legendaries.
  • Eiiji wrote: »
    i like free stuff but this is way too much
    some item need to keep it rarity so it wont lose it value like noble mount or superior innerwear

what happen to inner armor weekend sales? i guess no one care about it since mongo drop innerwear like candy

it will be better if mongo drop SES too :)

what happened? did this event hurt your p2w style? lol

p2w is better than this, you worked in real life and pay it here, I never sell anything from cash shop, I gained most stuff from the game and this event is way too much, Lazy ppl like you might like it too much and rage over ppl which say stuff like that,

umm i like this event and believe me i spent over 5k in money playing tera :D from the cash shop just on cosmetics and not being a masterwork alk farmer or trade broker whale this event is fun active for both party's stop being but hurt over people who want to play on equal terms as any one else just because there a give away doesnt hurt to get extra stuff just because you love rngsus doesnt mean the rest of us do stop killing the party this is why tera community dead any way to manly people who think there elite kills it casual players need love to
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats next event disable drop for raid and party .

lol, it's great that people finally work together, random people in raids having fun. and at the same time you get tons of loot. EME don't listen to this troll, event is awesome.
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Catservant wrote: »
    3. Timing. None of my friends can play right now.

I really appreciate feedback like this. Thanks for taking the time to make a well thought-out post. I'm curious, why can't your friends play this weekend?

In regards to channels, some were added this morning to give players some space, but we might end up adding one or two more to areas populated by Mongos.

Thank you for asking, and the channels, and for the compliments on my post--I tried to make it useful as well as expressing my gratitude generally. So it was wonderful to know I succeeded.

As to my friends--we're all older players, many with multiple time obligations. If we are going to be able to take part in an event, we need warning or fantastic luck. So as long as these events remain a surprise it's mostly going to be me as my schedule is the most flexible.

Still, for those with multiple jobs it is sometimes not possible even with warning. Also, the idea seems to be to encourage us to check in all the time in case a surprise happens so I don't expect warnings are consistent with the business model.

This time of year is particularly bad for many of my friends, as there is a huge real world get-together planned for Labor Day weekend, but I know it is the last HURRAH before school restarts for the little gamerlings so it makes sense to do special things for them.

Thank you again for responding, and on a weekend at that.

Space, this guy is correct. Can you manually despawn them every so often? Or maybe automatically? We've been noticing the slowdowns really badly.

For another example, in Raven Altar or whatever in Susurrus Woods, you can usually find 2-4 underneath the dais that are completely unreachable.[/quote]

Oooo I hate those guys under the dais.

• LL73TTKKA9 wrote: »
    suggestions? i have some.

there is a problem. it will probably only get worse if the mongos event returns in it's current state, it would have something to do with the items and the rate they drop in. so far there are certain items, dyads, mounts, innerwear, clouds, etc that drop frequently from the common/rare mongos. not a bad thing, but there is an issue that is to do with space. these items that drop are valuable enough to keep, but can't stack like normal items. two ways to fix, the obvious is giving them the ability to stack. the other is changing the drop rate so it doesn't accumulate to unmanageable amounts.

here is an example of what i'm talking about
    fnHeCuL.png
    and that's just for dyads

currently 12 of my alts inventories are overflowing. i actually had to create several mule accounts just to hold everything from this event. i've only hunted mongos for maybe a day, and my storage is well over capacity. i put dyads on all of my alt's dreadnaught equipment because i would have tossed them otherwise.

wao u rich can u shar plz
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup soon one billion gold B)
    Zeroplus wrote: »
    LL73TTKKA9 wrote: »

there is a problem. it will probably only get worse if the mongos event returns in it's current state, it would have something to do with the items and the rate they drop in. so far there are certain items, dyads, mounts, innerwear, clouds, etc that drop frequently from the common/rare mongos. not a bad thing, but there is an issue that is to do with space. these items that drop are valuable enough to keep, but can't stack like normal items. two ways to fix, the obvious is giving them the ability to stack. the other is changing the drop rate so it doesn't accumulate to unmanageable amounts.

fnHeCuL.png

currently 12 of my alts inventories are overflowing. i actually had to create several mule accounts just to hold everything from this event. i've only hunted mongos for maybe a day, and my storage is well over capacity. i put dyads on all of my alt's dreadnaught equipment because i would have tossed them otherwise.

wao u rich can u shar plz

make all this crap stackable first and then we'll talk

got so much underwear, fruit of the loom filed for bankruptcy.

Can i have the squished 8? I ask for no more

fnHeCuL.png

You realize you could fuse those and make other dyads, right?

fnHeCuL.png

shet son here i am still wondering what happen to the spawn rate you must have started on friday to get this many i came in abit let ;~;
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    LL73TTKKA9 wrote: »

fnHeCuL.png

Tfw you see someone with nearly a billion gold but don't even know that dyads can be refused for glistenings. SMH.