New version of Mongo event--Feedback post

Comments

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found one inside a tree in timeless woods, impossible to get because its literally in the tree. The orange dot on the radar shows it.
  • YuhataYuhata ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Great event! Had lots of fun wondering around to a few places I haven't bothered to venture yet, as well as meeting some cool people. The drops were awesome and the fact that you could farm certain areas for certain things was even better. I even stood down in Stepstone Aisle and handed out some Performace Dragon Silk Shorts for the new comers. Thanks again @Spacecats!
  • LL73TTKKA9 wrote: »
    Rhynia167 wrote: »
    LL73TTKKA9 wrote: »
    suggestions? i have some.

there is a problem. it will probably only get worse if the mongos event returns in it's current state, it would have something to do with the items and the rate they drop in. so far there are certain items, dyads, mounts, innerwear, clouds, etc that drop frequently from the common/rare mongos. not a bad thing, but there is an issue that is to do with space. these items that drop are valuable enough to keep, but can't stack like normal items. two ways to fix, the obvious is giving them the ability to stack. the other is changing the drop rate so it doesn't accumulate to unmanageable amounts.

here is an example of what i'm talking about
    fnHeCuL.png
    and that's just for dyads

currently 12 of my alts inventories are overflowing. i actually had to create several mule accounts just to hold everything from this event. i've only hunted mongos for maybe a day, and my storage is well over capacity. i put dyads on all of my alt's dreadnaught equipment because i would have tossed them otherwise.

You realize you could fuse those and make other dyads, right?

that's true, i guess i didn't remember because i haven't played for awhile. fusing is probably the only option now since saving them for the future means having no bank.
    berrymilk wrote: »

there is a problem. it will probably only get worse if the mongos event returns in it's current state, it would have something to do with the items and the rate they drop in. so far there are certain items, dyads, mounts, innerwear, clouds, etc that drop frequently from the common/rare mongos. not a bad thing, but there is an issue that is to do with space. these items that drop are valuable enough to keep, but can't stack like normal items. two ways to fix, the obvious is giving them the ability to stack. the other is changing the drop rate so it doesn't accumulate to unmanageable amounts.

fnHeCuL.png

currently 12 of my alts inventories are overflowing. i actually had to create several mule accounts just to hold everything from this event. i've only hunted mongos for maybe a day, and my storage is well over capacity. i put dyads on all of my alt's dreadnaught equipment because i would have tossed them otherwise.

shet son here i am still wondering what happen to the spawn rate you must have started on friday to get this many i came in abit let ;~;

i farmed for a couple hours yesterday and earlier today all morning. i thought eme had mongos on 2/3x rate at first, they were constantly spawning everywhere and not a lot of players were around either. spawn rate appearing lower is an illusion made by more people logging on and clearing the areas.

i dono i standed in a spawning zone for 2 hours nothing spawn any where on the map and alot of other people and the area noticed and stop showing up XD
  • Nightx wrote: »
    aeee98 wrote: »

fnHeCuL.png

Tfw you see someone with nearly a billion gold but don't even know that dyads can be refused for glistenings. SMH.

More like they don't know they have near a billion gold and chose to grind mindlessly. I mean I grind too and don't have near as many crystals. But my grind is out of necessity as I don't have more than 10 million. But you see people like this and you start questioning the sanity in some.

No when you see people like this you start questioning their photoshop/paint skills :^)
  • At least I found the best time to buy my first +16 crit innerwear though. damn though, a 75% price drop it too op.

I can't sell my t10 anymore, because of this event.
  • NymeriaeNymeriae
    edited August 2016
    (post nerf only)
    The +:
    * 1 area = 1 type of mongo

The - :
    * Spawn rate (over 1 hour of running around for 2 beetles (both golden)) + (see below)
    * Loot (nothing interesting and worth spending 1h, in 1h of playtime I could have got much more from VG+dungeon/IoD)
    * It was broken, then "fixed" but kinda broken too ? (spawn rates, emerald, some loots are nowhere to be seen anymore, ...).

Idk how I feel about it, a usual EME event, meh/10, be there when it was broken or get rekt.

Another feedback not on event but on communication: streams are fine, but not everyone is watching it. When you announce something on stream, make a news too. Heck, you should make news instead of a stream announcement if you have to choose, imo.
  • terrible event.
    so many flaws, so unbalanced .
    the name "Mongo' really suits it.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Aftermath:

1. We have people complaining of both too much and too little--sounds like we hit the right balance.

2. Loot started out themed to a Mongo type--but I got underwear from the crystal ones, feedstock from alkahest, etc. I think those performance inners should have been dropping from scarabs not mandrakes. I liked the themed drops and wish it had stayed that way.

3. I have absolutely no problem with a temporary market crash, nor a big infusion of feed, alk, embers, and more. It's a little worse than a triple drop weekend, but we have a new tier of armor coming and it will burn through everyone's reserves. It's nice to be a little ahead of the demand.

4. To those people who want complete permanent etchings to drop... Maybe as a chance from a legendary? Or only tier 2? Now a temporary infusion of scarabs would be as nice as the embers dropping this weekend, and shouldn't permanently affect the market.

5. It would be nice if dyads and inners of the same type stacked, but not if it messes up the code like when we tried to stack Kaia's catalysts. It would be great but I suppose might not be possible.

6. Whoever thought to include dyads in the drops has my personal gratitude. It was a lovely, exciting surprise.

I do feel sorry for any non-elite who posted performance inners, noble moons, or other items that took a huge hit on the market this weekend. The brokerage fees you won't make back--I feel your pain. I've been there. My advice is try to be philosophical about it. It's kinda another form of RNG. As the random event giveth, the random event can also take away.

Last, I would like to give a final thank you to those who created Mongo Neon. I can tell a lot of work and love went into this. The writing really was fantastic, and I would love to know whom to thank for that specifically. Was that you, @Spacecats?

And spawns were common enough that my friend who thought she wouldn't be able to play at all got a few good things, even though she could only play an hour on Sunday night. We saw 16 commons, 6 uncommons and no rares with three of us searching. Not bad for an hour of flying around having fun together. Please don't let those who want to nerf this further have their way--but please also don't listen to those who are upset about the drop in spawns from Friday. I had just as much fun Sunday as Friday. I know that in order for those of us who barely have time to play to get anything, others will have rewards coming out their ears--it can't be easy to find a balance.

• Please Give us a Triple Mongo spawn event instead of WORTHLESS Legendary Mongos ..!
  • NymeriaeNymeriae
    edited August 2016
    Catservant wrote: »
    Aftermath:

1. We have people complaining of both too much and too little--sounds like we hit the right balance.

I'm pretty sure you've compared pre/post fix states. You just can't. Balance would have been hit if in the same state of the event you'd see people complaining about both too much and too little. All I saw post fix was "wth there's no rare mongo anymore ????"
  • AlbaMeiraAlbaMeira ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Yeah the only thing I'd suggest for this event is more channels ( Esp. for the 1-3 channel areas which is the target areas that need at least 5 channels ) and to switch up the prizes to more desirable items for the event parcel

Because its kinda annoying having to do the event with multiple raids running up on each other while running against each other.