[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

An Argument for People who Wanted to Monopolize Innerwear

EME started off the mongo event well. I really appreciated that innerwears dropped a lot from mongos, even though I missed the time and I didn't get to do it. Unfortunately, special interests and self-proclaimed planners of economy successfully lobbied EME to cutback drastically on innerwear drops, and now instead of innerwear, you would find emeralds. I'd like to address this post to EME @Spacecats and the general public who might be convinced by the idea "innerwear should be rare and hard to get!".

Consider this, let's go back to the year 1900. Cars are rare and expensive. But then Ford came along, built the model T, and practically gave it out like free candy. Did Ford "ruined the [car] economy?" Did Ford caused great distress to the public by giving out cars cheaply? Did Ford made cars less desirable? Did Ford took away the fun and joy of grinding for a car for most people? The answer is obviously, No, No, No, and No. Now substitute innerwear for cars.

In my opinion, majority of people who opposed EME giving out innerwear are made of people who have a direct or indirect interest in stopping others from getting innerwears. Whether it be so that they can monopolize innerwear market, boost their own ego, or they need the innerwear p2w advantage. There are many reasons, but one thing is common amongst them: They do not want general public to get good innerwear.

Granted, there are valid reasons for MMO to keep top gears hard to get, but the upcoming new innerwear invalidates all such reasons for the current, soon-to-be-outdated ones.

Comments

• EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop rate of Innerwears at the beginning of Mongo event was not intended and fix was not influenced by anyone.

Ford revolutionized manufacturing process, he turned a niche market profitable. Giving out Crit Innerwears does not profit En Masse at all.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    counter argument: no one would buy these.
  • While I might agree that the price of the most wanted innerwear was getting a bit absurd, blaming it on greed is a bit unfair. EMP ratio inflation and the bad RNG from the lootboxes created a perfect storm that made crit innerwear worth more than most costumes. A supply injection is welcome even if it was unintentional.
  • 97 emp is like $1 right?

er yeah w.e.
  • 5H96Y49G6D wrote: »
    97 emp is like $1 right?

er yeah w.e.

Not worth until they fixed the stupid rng. :confounded:
  • Lyrahasa wrote: »
    While I might agree that the price of the most wanted innerwear was getting a bit absurd, blaming it on greed is a bit unfair. EMP ratio inflation and the bad RNG from the lootboxes created a perfect storm that made crit innerwear worth more than most costumes. A supply injection is welcome even if it was unintentional.

No, I'm not blaming it on greed. I'm blaming the people who used and who are trying to use EME to restrict the supply of goods. If these people wanted to restrict the supply, they should do it through the market: by buying out all the innerwears, not using EME to monopolize the market for them.
  • metagame wrote: »
    counter argument: no one would buy these.

But people would buy innerwear on broker. The in-game market would be better; players would be happier, and happier players would be more willing to swipe. That leads to another discussion I could open another topic about: How should game companies make money. But I'll do that another day...
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Drop rate of Innerwears at the beginning of Mongo event was not intended and fix was not influenced by anyone.

Ford revolutionized manufacturing process, he turned a niche market profitable. Giving out Crit Innerwears does not profit En Masse at all.

http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/5883/no-more-crit-innerwear-pinata
    well... lets see what we have here and lets read the comments on the ´´innerwear pinata´´
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azathel wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »

http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/5883/no-more-crit-innerwear-pinata
    well... lets see what we have here and lets read the comments on the ´´innerwear pinata´´
    Any specific comments? There's over 50.
  • TsuTsunEmi wrote: »
    EME started off the mongo event well. I really appreciated that innerwears dropped a lot from mongos, even though I missed the time and I didn't get to do it. Unfortunately, special interests and self-proclaimed planners of economy successfully lobbied EME to cutback drastically on innerwear drops, and now instead of innerwear, you would find emeralds.

That's not true at all. The first 45 minutes of the event involved Mongos improperly dropping inners to multiple people who weren't participating in the event, and were only sitting around in raids with those who were participating. Obviously that wasn't intended. The changes made to the event switched how loot was distributed by uncommon and rare Mongos. No Mongos drop emeralds and none of them ever did. There was no lobbying of special interest groups or large wealthy innerwear corporations or Illuminati. The event was broken for about an hour, we saw it was broken, and then it was fixed.

Unfortunately due to rumors in global chat and the constant flaunting of innerwear from those who did get multiple pairs (please stop, you're just causing arguments and accusations), the general TERA public seems to believe the event took an extremely drastic turn when, in reality, we just stopped uncommon & rare Mongos from delivering parcels to whole groups. Now they drop loot on hit. They can still drop inners.

I get the appeal of the super dramatic conspiracy theory. I'm just surprised so many players are buying into it.
  • ratedXratedX ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Spacecats wrote: »
    TsuTsunEmi wrote: »
    EME started off the mongo event well. I really appreciated that innerwears dropped a lot from mongos, even though I missed the time and I didn't get to do it. Unfortunately, special interests and self-proclaimed planners of economy successfully lobbied EME to cutback drastically on innerwear drops, and now instead of innerwear, you would find emeralds.

That's not true at all. The first 45 minutes of the event involved Mongos improperly dropping inners to multiple people who weren't participating in the event, and were only sitting around in raids with those who were participating. Obviously that wasn't intended. The changes made to the event switched how loot was distributed by uncommon and rare Mongos. No Mongos drop emeralds and none of them ever did. There was no lobbying of special interest groups or large wealthy innerwear corporations or Illuminati. The event was broken for about an hour, we saw it was broken, and then it was fixed.

Unfortunately due to rumors in global chat and the constant flaunting of innerwear from those who did get multiple pairs (please stop, you're just causing arguments and accusations), the general TERA public seems to believe the event took an extremely drastic turn when, in reality, we just stopped uncommon & rare Mongos from delivering parcels to whole groups. Now they drop loot on hit. They can still drop inners.

I get the appeal of the super dramatic conspiracy theory. I'm just surprised so many players are buying into it.

Good morning @Spacecats

Should see LFG -
    wnluvjZ.png

You can go afk while in a raid and still receive loot, lol
    Don't even need to be close to the Mongo, Just in the Area

(Someone linked this to me, Which i thought was kind of funny)
    1ac7e1d879.jpg
    Yes, 338 Parcel Posts containing goodie's from yesterday.

Sadly, i don't think this event turned out the way you planned.

In 45mins or however long it took to fix this.
    People obtained, Multiple. Not 1-2-3 But 10,20,30+ Before it was fixed.
    While others like myself did not know about the event or had to work that day.

People are going to be unhappy, And then there are people who will rub it in because they were online during that time-frame.
    It's a loose / loose situation either way you put it, and that you cannot really fix sadly.

XOn03kX.png

https://www.facebook.com/xratecl/
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    TsuTsunEmi wrote: »

But how about the beetles spawn rate? What happen to Mandrakes in Susurrus Wood? Their spawn rate is nearly Legendary
  • NikoJimzNikoJimz ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @Spacecats
    Beetles drop Emeralds (killed a couple of Gold Beetles and got 15 Ext Alk and an Emerald), though maybe I'm misunderstanding your post.

Also the rares in SV still distribute raid wide.
  • ratedXratedX ✭✭✭
    pituco wrote: »
    (Someone linked this to me, Which i thought was kind of funny)
    1ac7e1d879.jpg
    Yes, 338 Parcel Posts containing goodie's from yesterday.

LOL 338 Parcel .. this event ,It was a disaster !
    test before !!!!
    lot of friends with 300+ parcel LOLLLLLLL ! =)=)=)=)=)

Yes, And the funny thing about it was. They took a nap! Didn't have to do nothing.
    But, What can you do? Life goes on. People buy it up. Prices get reduced. People rub it in, While Others cry
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats
    Only way of stopping people from going afk is to get rid of the mechanic that doesn't let you kick members until everyone stops attacking for 2 minutes.

You guys' fix did nothing to stop it, you still have people afking like showed above, most of them being people with many alts in different raids just afk there without someone being able to kick them.

Golden Beetle mongo drops innerwear.

Black Beetle is an uncommon mongo and the items are shared through parcel, mandrake is an uncommon mongo and the items are not shared through parcel. What's the meaning of this?