[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Are Priests harder to play than Mystics?

Well, this week I was testing both healing classes, and for my sense, Mystics seens easier than Priest as opposite the game difficulty says. I play with 200ms but lock ons didn't gave me much problem at all, its really safe to throw motes from a safer place, and well keeping energy stars (most annoying thing) and triple nemesis debuff up I think that its harder than VoC and to not mention that aura is passive. Well to kill some BAMs too, with Mystic it seems easier cause of the minions. So, Mystics are really harder to play than Priests?

Comments

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varies from person to person, how ever, I also find Mystic easier to play overall as well. Even in a group that gets hit often I still have no issues.
  • Mystics shouldn't rely on motes for anything but selfhealing. Mystics have a lock on cleanse while Priests click a button and almost isntantly cleanse any member within 19m in front of them. Priests have a shield to block oncoming damage as well as a damage reduction ability like Mystic's CR. Priests have more AoE heals and can pull members to safety. Priest's iframe is also longer than Mystic's and the animation is a lot more fluid. It's a lot safer for a Priest to give mana as they can move while casting as well as they don't need to be within 9m of the boss and damaging the boss to use the ability. Priests tend to have more free time than Mystics which makes keeping Triple Nem and Estars up pretty easy.

There are obviously a lot of Mystic pros but in terms of actual ease to learn/use properly the only real Mystic pro is that you can be out of combat if you are good at Mystic
  • Priests are easy to pick up and learn and stay easy to play.

Mystics are mechanically easy, but take a little more effort to survive.

Once you know how to play both classes well, I would say Mystic is a lot easier. A lot better too.
  • Mystics shouldn't rely on motes for anything but selfhealing. Mystics have a lock on cleanse while Priests click a button and almost isntantly cleanse any member within 19m in front of them. Priests have a shield to block oncoming damage as well as a damage reduction ability like Mystic's CR. Priests have more AoE heals and can pull members to safety. Priest's iframe is also longer than Mystic's and the animation is a lot more fluid. It's a lot safer for a Priest to give mana as they can move while casting as well as they don't need to be within 9m of the boss and damaging the boss to use the ability. Priests tend to have more free time than Mystics which makes keeping Triple Nem and Estars up pretty easy.

There are obviously a lot of Mystic pros but in terms of actual ease to learn/use properly the only real Mystic pro is that you can be out of combat if you are good at Mystic

I must agree with your statements, but seems that Mystics kit have less skills to use to do the job, but requires more attention.
  • frenchbulldogfrenchbulldog ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    My first character was a Mystic. I abandoned her to try out other classes. Eventually, I mained a Priest. I've been playing my Mystic recently, got her to 65, and been getting used to the slightly different play style. I find they're still a proactive class even with the changes the class has received, which IMO, made the class easier to play. Back then, we had to cast titanic wrath (TW) constantly. It's definitely a big QoL change to turn it into an aura. Now, instead of spamming TW, Mystics spam Volley curse with enfeeblement glyph -- another change that didnt exist when I last played her.

For me, probably the biggest difference going from priest to mystic is the self-heal/healing skills. Going from many options to fewer options is a bit tricky. Have to be more careful with my movement and positioning, especially with no kaia's shield.

Corruption ring is so much better than mana charge, but obviously comes with the risk. Still not sure how I would incorporate it during hard mode dungeons as things can get hectic. But, I chalk that up to lack of experience.

Like the previous others have said, though, I agree that when you dont have to babysit your 4 party members, things go quite smooth.

Edit:

I have to add that I'm discovering a renewed fun when playing my Mystic. The similarities to a Priest are there, but there's just enough of a difference to separate the two classes.

I would love a skill like Fiery Escape on Mystics. A second movement skill would do wonders, especially when doing solo content, such as at IoD. It's annoying getting constantly knocked down or interrupted. The higher DPS makes up for it I guess.
  • To Answer your question, No. A Priest is actually easier to play then a mystic.

-Reasons
    Priest is more or less a AOE healing class.
    They really don't have the abilities to toss any decent damage in, so really their sole purpose is healing.
    Restorative Burst, Healing Immersion, Kaia's Shield, Healing Circle, Purifying Circle - Healing Abilities
    Sure, E-Star's and Triple Nem are in the rotation for better group DPS, But that's about it.

While Mystic's on the other hand, Have a larger array of abilities.
    Volley of Curses, Contagion, Corruption Ring, Thralls Boomerang Pulse - DPS abilities
    Motes, Warding Totem, Boomerang Pulse, Arun's Cleansing Touch, Titanic Favor - Healing abilities

As you can clearly see, A Mystic has a lot more abilities to rotate thru then a priest.

XOn03kX.png

https://www.facebook.com/xratecl/
  • WilLegendWilLegend
    edited September 2016
    ratedX wrote: »
    To Answer your question, No. A Priest is actually easier to play then a mystic.

-Reasons
    They really don't have the abilities to toss any decent damage in, so really their sole purpose is healing.
    Restorative Burst, Healing Immersion, Kaia's Shield, Healing Circle, Purifying Circle - Healing Abilities
    Sure, E-Star's and Triple Nem are in the rotation for better group DPS, But that's about it.

Volley of Curses, Contagion, Corruption Ring, Thralls Boomerang Pulse - DPS abilities
    Motes, Warding Totem, Boomerang Pulse, Arun's Cleansing Touch, Titanic Favor - Healing abilities

As you can clearly see, A Mystic has a lot more abilities to rotate thru then a priest.

XOn03kX.png

Well, VoC and CR, are equivalent to Priests TN and mana charge thralls aren't always used (only ToL), and seems that boomerang pulse is used for healing (dps is a plus), u forgot to say focus heal for priests, arise, divine intervention.
  • WilLegend wrote: »
    ratedX wrote: »
    To Answer your question, No. A Priest is actually easier to play then a mystic.

-Reasons

XOn03kX.png

Well, VoC and CR, are equivalent to Priests TN and mana charge thralls aren't always used (only ToL), and seems that boomerang pulse is used for healing (dps is a plus), u forgot to say focus heal for priests, arise, divine intervention.

PVE, Arise isn't really needed.
    Neither is Divine Intervention
    And focus heal is for clutch situation's

But, I did forget to mention those 3. Sorry
  • AlexZandriaAlexZandria ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    hellno wrote: »
    Priest dont have any damage reduction abilities like mystics CR.....

Actually they do! They use it along with Kaia's in SSH Imp when they don't have backstep off CD and it was used in Akeron's Inferno Normal Mode to avoid the fire.

d9432b94dfaa4e40a7df2be0878ddd55.png

This actually works on a lot of cases that a healer will be hit by since they won't be in melee range of most bosses.
  • I, personally, find mystic easier. Although they don't have AOE cleanses or certain debuffs, I still find mystics easier. I find it easier because of the motes. Yes, many people don't really pick up the motes, but its still there in case I am unable to heal at certain times. (This may be slightly biased because I have a 65 mystic and never got above 50 on a priest.)
  • WilLegendWilLegend
    edited September 2016
    Tsupuki wrote: »
    I, personally, find mystic easier. Although they don't have AOE cleanses or certain debuffs, I still find mystics easier. I find it easier because of the motes. Yes, many people don't really pick up the motes, but its still there in case I am unable to heal at certain times. (This may be slightly biased because I have a 65 mystic and never got above 50 on a priest.)

Yeah, people forget that motes can cleanse too and well, with them plus boomerang and totem u can cover a good heal area.
  • WilLegendWilLegend
    edited September 2016
    And about solo BAMs on IoD, Mystic can do it well with only the standart healing gear? Or for that its better bring a priest? As my first goal is a money making healer to gear up my other classes
  • I've been maining Priest for nearly 4 yrs now. IMO priests are far easier to play but the "recent" mystic buff made mystics easier.
    In dungeons mystics offer more debuffs/support allowing the rest of your party to do more damage.

About the IoD, mystic's can deal a lot more damage than priests, all you need is DPS gloves/wep and build a lot of crit. I have mystic friends that do 2M+ dps/s (with vm7) meanwhile i can barely pull 1.6M dps/s (with vm6)
  • ratedXratedX ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    hellno wrote: »
    X.R go back to dpsing if you are going to tell people Arise isnt really needed. that skill is pretty god like with bosses that kd alot, (MM, DS).

in terms of ease mystics is easier. and this is coming from someone who does DS uppers with +9 dreadnaught gear mystic. I cant run with +9 dreadnaught and survive on priest due to your iframe not moving you far enough to out of the queen puddles.

SSHM mystic and priest are about the same, you iframe the first res aggro circle than you gs/kaias or CR the 2nd one if you dont have enough CDR for your iframe to be off CD. Mystics juant does have a shorter cooldown though so they dont need as much for it to be up. (mine is always up on mystic and I dont have any etchings)

Mystics DPSing is only in a skilled party. and if you are DPS you shouldnt be healing. its usually 1 or the other. Thralls are super bad dps dont waste your time. Even as a dps mystic you dont use thralls for damage. the cast time vs the damage isnt worth it. you can do more damage doing your regular rotation.

How often do you see a Priest using Arise? You really don't.
    And I said it's not really needed, Didn't say it doesn't have it's uses.
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    Difficulty of a healing class is more relevant to the party. If you party is newer and lacks the experience to know how to iframe or when than a Priest is easier IMO. Though once your party learns the game both are about as equal in effort now.