Server merge, HW being "Forced" to PvP

Being so close to server merge i have seen many HW players "crying" about being "forced" to PvP.
Do they not know what a "Safe Zone" is?
Anyways your dailies are in a SZ, HW is a PvE server what reason do you have to leave SZ anyways.
1 - Gathering? Yes gathering is outside a SZ but even gathering on MT i hardly ever see anyone pk while gathering let alone seeing anyone to begin with.
Other then that i see no reason you would need to leave SZ. i know of a few BAM dailies out of SZ but why do thoes when IOD dailies are better.

Im just not understanding this whole "forced to PvP" thing.

Comments

• i saw they said that channel 1 will be pvp n channel 2 will be pve or something like that??
  • OriginlinearOriginlinear ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I would imagine that events like blue box, egg hunt, mongo's etc, and perhaps world boss hunting, for those who do that sort of thing, are part of what they worry about.

Anyway, they have free transfer to AV if they don;t want to worry about OW PVP.
  • If they have said that i haven't seen it, would be better to stop the qq

Ah, True events. but as we have seen from MT being able together being as elitist as it is. im P-sure we can also. but ofc there will be someone who trys to PK its normal and not hard to deal with.
  • if channel 1 is pvp then im okay with that as long as ch2-10 is pve, but if rest channel is pvp, its crap all over again... pvper player doesn't care what you do or what you doing outside world, you can go gathering and mind your own business noone gonna pked you... oh wait

100% doubt about events, cause there is pvp guild or people looking for to pk someone for fun, or tick em off or revenge or hatred against player
  • salE983salE983 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    ii2legiit wrote: »
    Being so close to server merge i have seen many HW players "crying" about being "forced" to PvP.
    Do they not know what a "Safe Zone" is?
    Anyways your dailies are in a SZ, HW is a PvE server what reason do you have to leave SZ anyways.
    1 - Gathering? Yes gathering is outside a SZ but even gathering on MT i hardly ever see anyone pk while gathering let alone seeing anyone to begin with.
    Other then that i see no reason you would need to leave SZ. i know of a few BAM dailies out of SZ but why do thoes when IOD dailies are better.

Im just not understanding this whole "forced to PvP" thing.

well you are very wrong, i have 12 characters i do all killing and gathering quests every day to farm VG and buy mwa boxes, that is how i get 1000-1100mwa every day, i dont have time to do IOD with 12 classes or spend 8 daily VG quests on dungeons, those quests involve 5 killing quests (punishing parthians, officer materials...) and then you are left with 3/8 so i do gathering cause it is fast, and all those 8 quests are not in safe zone and that is where i get pked almost every day, i have to change channels, always look behind if some1 is following me etc. it is a pain in the as...i recently made a character on AV, farmed gold and am prepared to transfer all characters there, the feeling on AV just walking around open world ever worrying that some will pk is so nice, so liberating and people who started on pve server shouldnt be forced to move....especially cause bank slots, character slots, they will have to buy [email protected]!!!!! so eme is not only forcing HW players to move to pvp server but also they will need tons of gold if they had to buy 10 character slots and 3 bank expansions like i did which cost me on AV about 250k gold and that move EME is extremely low, i am from a pvp server and seing how toxic it is (not talking about pk here but about global chat and stuff) i cant wait to go to a pve server, and lets not forget the most important thing....all those whiners here that complain that HW players are complaining, lets face it they are all pkers :D
  • OriginlinearOriginlinear ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    sdfsfsdadsad
  • @salE983 there are only a hand full of people who spend all day doing dailies but what you do in game is what you do. also im from a PvP server also, walking out of SZ is no problem for me. I have seen my guild afk in PvP zones and come back still alive (Yes its a dead server, all 3 of these are) . ofc like i said PvP server someone sooner or later will try to PK but 98% of the time i have no problem. Everyone has diff situations ofc.
    Also im not a "PKer" i just dont understand all the "crying" abt server merge
  • no, that is for those who stay on fey forest
  • Again this, I have been playing on CH, LOT, AV, MT, HW, I have all my 65 chars on PVE server and I am not worried about pvp, also pvp at 65 will be fun. What are you afraid of? I feel like HW players are some elementary little kids that are afraid going to High School.

Can't find much logic here.
  • edited September 2016
    Uhh... Don't spread misinformation ._.

It's a manual transfer to AV should you choose to do that, so similar to a paid transfer.

Edit: late post apparently... Plus here's the FAQ.
    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/server-merge-2016#Transfer
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not entirely sure, but I believe I read somewhere that PVE players who transfer to AV will basically have their entire HW lineup, as in all of their HW characters switched over to AV. And if they already have chars on AV, they will just have more than the 16 cap, but won't be able to make new chars until they drop below 16.

Read again
    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/server-merge-2016#Transfer
  • those who want to transfer to AV will transfer for free ofc even all 16 chars but you have only 2 char slots so you will need to buy 14 more if you have 16 chars which on broker is about 280-300k gold :D nice move eme
  • its your choice to move. at least your not haveing to pay to move all 16 toons
  • ii2legiit wrote: »
    @salE983 there are only a hand full of people who spend all day doing dailies but what you do in game is what you do. also im from a PvP server also, walking out of SZ is no problem for me. I have seen my guild afk in PvP zones and come back still alive (Yes its a dead server, all 3 of these are) . ofc like i said PvP server someone sooner or later will try to PK but 98% of the time i have no problem. Everyone has diff situations ofc.
    Also im not a "PKer" i just dont understand all the "crying" abt server merge

you are right....pk doesnt happen a lot on dead server...now imagine pkers from both servers and more ppl from HW, will it still be dead? no no my firend :D there will be a lot of pking, but 1 thing i am talking about and you tlaked about something completely irrelevant is that a lot of HW people are 1) forced onto pvp server 2) forced to spend insane amount of gold on char slots/bank expansions if they move to AV 3) there is no 3rd solution for them, and quite frankly they are fuc...ed
  • edited September 2016
    I am not entirely sure, but I believe I read somewhere that PVE players who transfer to AV will basically have their entire HW lineup, as in all of their HW characters switched over to AV. And if they already have chars on AV, they will just have more than the 16 cap, but won't be able to make new chars until they drop below 16.

No that is only for the merger not for the transfer afterwards.
    If only that would be the case then i would not have such problem with the merger

The problem would still exist for people with more than 16 chars in total (even those who stay on the merged server) who have to delete several characters. or people who do not have a server with 12 slots who are basically forced to delete characters.(since you get 4 slots with the merger)

But it would solve the problems of people who do not want anything to do with PVP and who specifically chose a PVE server.

And again people chose a PVE server for a variety of reasons and i am sick of PVP ers complaining that PVE people do not want to be on a PVP server for obvious reasons (and pleas shut up on its pvp 65 you are basically 65 in a day most of your game time your 65)

Also the main daily's are currently not in a OWPVP area (but as a poster already explained a lot of vanguard requests are not in a safe area and since they are quick they do have a decent number of people doing them)
    But what guarantee do PVE players have that in a next update or expansion that stays the same?(or even with the merger that OWPVP stays dead)
    What guarantee do PVE players have that PVP does not get a massive overhaul or update making PVP interesting again even OWPVP.
    And why should a PVE player now be forced to stay in safe zones or otherwise risks getting pked
    Why should people who chose a PVE server be forced to constantly switch channels look behind them and just except being pked when that is not the choice of server they made.

And why does EME expect us to fork over money if we want to keep playing on a pve server(or a lot of gold if you are lucky during the transfer that they are still available for in game gold so there goes your costume gold)
    no character slots above 2 no bank slots, wardrobe slots (if you have a founder account and have no characters on AV the hit will be less since you have 8 char slots and a full bank)

so expect to see a lot of posts later on in the month like this
    http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/5423/lets-talk-about-pking-on-a-pvp-server/
    and of course the posts about PVE ers complaining getting killed.

After that you will see a lot of PVE ers rage quite. who where conned in staying because they where told OWPVP does not happen
    They will then no longer spend money in the store, no longer have a elite sub so less money in the long run for EME.
    Then the next game EME brings out they will think twice wheter they want to invest in that game.

So overall a bad decision but even worse is the execution of the bad idea