[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Comments

• luneruluneru ✭✭
    Eh, I'll pass. I can't play this game with a controller, it just feels so off. But early next year? I guess they plan on keeping Tera going for a while then, thought they were working on Tera 2 or whatever.
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    Yeah I could care less about the console release, but a console release means continued support and maybe better content.
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭✭
    Again I don't have a PS4 or XOne but that would be a huge step for them
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care for consoles, but I'm hoping they'll eventually do something useful with the fact they have Nexon and these investments they've been getting due to Tera. it's rather silly we still don't have any actually information on fixing fps problems beyond them admitting they know it's a problem.
  • FeenoxFeenox ✭✭✭
    i dont care about the console versions but itd be nice if they make adjustments to the UI and horrible fps lag on the PC version before worrying about another..
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    Feenox wrote: »
    i dont care about the console versions but itd be nice if they make adjustments to the UI and horrible fps lag on the PC version before worrying about another..

I'm looking at it like this. If they port this to console they're gonna have to break it down to build a console friendly ui around it. Them making a console port could give us the much needed overhaul we need as well.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    I don't care for consoles, but I'm hoping they'll eventually do something useful with the fact they have Nexon and these investments they've been getting due to Tera. it's rather silly we still don't have any actually information on fixing fps problems beyond them admitting they know it's a problem.

FPS is the only thing that makes me wanna quit ever but I somehow manage to get by on very low fps, shouldn't be an excuse since I can run GW2 and BNS on ultra settings and get more fps than Tera..Once something like Lost Ark comes out who knows though :(
  • AcendiaAcendia ✭✭✭
    Considering Final Fantasy XIV still had keyboard and mouse support on PS3/PS4 versions, I can only see positives in this if they decide on it as well. A lot of people seem to have trouble still running Tera and having console version means that the game will at least work properly on that... Hopefully. I don't know if anyone tried Onigiri (US only and maybe Korea?) on PS4, but it ran like trash.
  • JerothJeroth
    edited May 2016
    Ultemecia wrote: »
    Feenox wrote: »

I'm looking at it like this. If they port this to console they're gonna have to break it down to build a console friendly ui around it. Them making a console port could give us the much needed overhaul we need as well.

Why would they have to change the UI for console? I currently play tera with a 360 controller and everything works perfectly fine. This is BHS so they're going to do it in the quickest/easiest way possible to just push the game out.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaksonRaks wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »

FPS is the only thing that makes me wanna quit ever but I somehow manage to get by on very low fps, shouldn't be an excuse since I can run GW2 and BNS on ultra settings and get more fps than Tera..Once something like Lost Ark comes out who knows though :(

I dealt with sub 10 fps for a couple yrs until I got this desktop, and simply, the low fps does kind of take away from the game. I honestly don't know why they haven't done anything to improve it yet. Not only does it make the game less enjoyable to play, but it's also less enjoyable to watch someone play, if anyone even streams it. Some of the popular games for PCs are popular because it runs on toasters, Tera would just set that on fire.
  • MehbahMehbah ✭✭
    How the hell do they expect to get a console version working when the game can barely run at a halfway playable framerate on a decent PC? I'd say that this could lead to them improving performance, but a PC version of a game has never improved as a result of console versions. If anything they will pay less attention to the PC version and focus on the console one. It's a very safe bet that they're going to simplify even more in order to please the more casual console players, and to make it work on controllers. They aren't going to demand that everyone on console uses M&KB, no matter how much sense it makes.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Jeroth wrote: »
    Why would they have to change the UI for console? I currently play tera with a 360 controller and everything works perfectly fine. This is BHS so they're going to do it in the quickest/easiest way possible to just push the game out.
    I suppose he meant the coding and internals of the UI, which is one big reason why so many people have low frame rate as it is. Not about what the UI does or supports. Consoles are still not powerful, considering the makers need to go for economy in order to mass produce, so creating games in them is still more limited than for PC. Making a game like tera for a console means the devs will be forced to make the optimizations that were neglected on the PC version, and maybe, by chance, those optimizations could see a surface on the PC version.

• How to burn a console
  • Nopi wrote: »
    Jeroth wrote: »
    I suppose he meant the coding and internals of the UI, which is one big reason why so many people have low frame rate as it is. Not about what the UI does or supports. Consoles are still not powerful, considering the makers need to go for economy in order to mass produce, so creating games in them is still more limited than for PC. Making a game like tera for a console means the devs will be forced to make the optimizations that were neglected on the PC version, and maybe, by chance, those optimizations could see a surface on the PC version.

Doubtful but there is a chance these optimizations will reach us on PC.
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    GL with tera runing 1080p at 60fps on xbox one ayy lmao