This server merge was a terrible mistake

Comments

• ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Mapris wrote: »
    They should have merged the pvp servers together and the pve servers together. That way people didn't have to be forced to play on a pvp server. They are going to merge servers again anyways later, maybe next year.

Maybe next year it's going to be the last year for TERA.

The way they showed how they don't care about us it's the reason why people left this game and continue leaving.

The merge only helped to make this comunity smaller.
    It's not a lack of foresight. Having this transfer opportunity was because people in your situation were actually foreseen. But the limitations placed on it were also part of the same "foresight" to not make it so easy/painless that all HW players with a casual preference for PvE would just leave. The disincentive is also by design. HW was, by far, the most populated of the three servers in this merger.

You clearly say that eme prefer for us to leave than to continue in this game.

Thank You.

Some people leave, some people stay. Just how it is in a MMO.

I seriously doubt most people who are complaining about it being a PvP server will ever feel the impact of it. Actually since it just merged is where people will be more active in OwPvP. Soon It'll be mostly dead.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason why OP is being "attacked", is mostly because it's been explained why he can't get what he wants in several ways. I advised OP to submit a ticket and try his luck (even though I myself do not have much hope for that route, but better than what's being achieved here as he will get an official, salt-less response). This issue will obviously not be resolved in the forums, more when it gets buried in salt.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Thank You.

He clearly said nothing like that. You are the one saying you will leave (seen your other posts) because you refuse to adapt to the new situation. I understand your situation because I've been through similar cases so I know how it feels when the floor is removed from under your feet. Now, nobody is forcing you to leave or stay. When you joined the game you clicked the "I agree" button for a terms of service that clearly states that the game may change(and mmos may be the most changing game genre of all gaming), and if it changes in a way you stop agreeing to it, then it's your choice to either stop using the service or adapt to the change, thus also agreeing to it.
    Maybe next year it's going to be the last year for TERA.

The way they showed how they don't care about us it's the reason why people left this game and continue leaving.

The merge only helped to make this comunity smaller.

Thank You.
    If that were true, there wouldn't even be free transfers at all, nor gifts of free slots. You've created the condition by which their "care for you" is defined. But there's also care for people on HW who were quitting because they couldn't progress in end-game and couldn't afford a transfer. There's also caring for people on LoT and VoT who were not going to be able to complete the upcoming content because their numbers were too small.

If the issue is that you truly cannot afford either the gold nor the money to buy the character/bank slots you need to transfer, I can help donate. But if the issue is that this shows "EME's lack of care for you," it can't be solved. If you do quit the game because of this, I truly hope you find something that brings you more happiness. Life's too short to be miserable.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    only future can say what cost the most, this merge or merge only vot with lot and hw with av or merge only vot with lot and let hw alone, i am sure because this merge we lost players but we will never know what decision cost the most :)
  • the free 4 character slots should have been usable at fey...or AV

because those who decided to transfer to AV...would have to pay for extra slots..so the transfer isnt entirely free
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    well if you dont have character in av or only one, it is free if you tranfert less 5 characters :3
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the issue is that you truly cannot afford either the gold nor the money to buy the character/bank slots you need to transfer, I can help donate.

I have more than enought.

Last month I bought $500 dollars on EP but I will not waste it in something that I don't want.

I quit playing the game and stick on forums to see if someone from Eme give us a good news but seems it never will happen.

So If I have to leave the game completly then it shall be.
  • Umm... if you bought $500 of EMP, then you've already wasted your money.

Also, I'd be quite upset if they split FF. Not only would we have to go through all this [filtered] again, but then we would be back, more or less, where we started.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite only a select few being unhappy, there's many many many many many who are happy with the merge.
    http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/6403/im-happy-with-the-merge
  • WitchyGirl wrote: »
    the free 4 character slots should have been usable at fey...or AV

because those who decided to transfer to AV...would have to pay for extra slots..so the transfer isnt entirely free

They were you just had to pick them up on FF, transfer them to AV and use them there.
    If the issue is that you truly cannot afford either the gold nor the money to buy the character/bank slots you need to transfer, I can help donate.

I have more than enought.

Last month I bought $500 dollars on EP but I will not waste it in something that I don't want.

I quit playing the game and stick on forums to see if someone from Eme give us a good news but seems it never will happen.

So If I have to leave the game completly then it shall be.

Good news about what? People have given you ideas on what to do but you think you're "sacrificing your gold". FF isn't that bad of a server, you (and the OP) are just making it seem like one.
    edited September 2016
    Aetona wrote: »
    Good news about what? People have given you ideas on what to do but you think you're "sacrificing your gold". FF isn't that bad of a server, you (and the OP) are just making it seem like one.

What You don't get is that I or the OP (well, at least Me) don't want to be on a PvP server anymore. That's what we choose to create toons on a PvE server.

You are forcing your tastes on us, I'm not asking for Highwatch to return but to "absolutely Free Transfer of all the things I bought and earned without sacrificing anything, gold, money, whatever we spent our time and money to have on our toons and banks.

All the solutions You are givin are spend more money on thing I don't want to buy, or spend gold on those samethings. And spend gold for me is just worse to spend money because the gold is what I earned playin this game.

I don't know why pp who don't care for us, the players who don't like PvP, are flamming us without reasons.

I'm not saying that FF is bad sever, don't put words on my mouth. I am saying that I won't play on a PvP server because I choose years ago a PvE server. I know quite well what is PvP, my first toon were on a PvP server, I didn't like it, I delete it and moved to a PvE.

Now Eme is forcing me to play on a server which I never choose, In fact I tried to avoid.

I never used the chat to flamme anybody, I don't want ever to PvP and I always reject dueling request for obvious reasons, I don't want to ress my toon because I was killed on an ambush from a outlaw, never, not matters if that happens one time on a year or every five-ten minutes like it was when I played on a PvP server.

Good news for me would be that Eme let us leave to another PvE server without sacrifice anything.

It's tiresome to repeat the same again and again and it's discouraging that the pp on forums show us how they want us to leave this game.

You are crying because this game is diying but choose to flamme and invite the players to leave this same game.

Sad, this is not a community it's simple a gathering of players who are meh when they should support their fellow members.

Eme can do whatever they want but if the users al always meh, then this game is going to die faster than espected, becase they could do more to for the players but players don't support each other but choose to let things go the worst way.

I repeat I'm sad now but not for Eme decisions who are $$$ focused, but for the very same players who permited that things go the way this game will die faster.

Three years ago everyone saw the amount of population on every server, all servers healty, now we have less than half of that players and this will speed up the players leave and on the next 12 months I asure You that only one PvP and one PvE server are going to be left while this PvP65 are going to die.

I will not play this game ever again, but I will sitck on forums to remember You when the time comes.
  • No matter what EME will do , you gonna complain all the time .

So no one cares .

you have deep roots in HW " The newest server " ? duh

edited September 2016
    Well.

The two players above are the very example why this game is losing players and are the ones who don't give a .... about that.

Hope you had fun in this game when only you are around it.

Well Played Eme, you are lettin us know your taste for players.
  • the pve players that are transferring to Acc and the ppl like myself that do not pvp can just use the 4 char slots and make new char lev to 64 and just hang out ... the 30 man raid may happen just like the merge did but that doesn't mean there will be enough ppl to even pull it off ... and if it does happen the problems with a 10 man raid is only going to be compounded x 3
This discussion has been closed.