[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Flying mount stamina bar

edited September 2016 in TERA PC - General Discussion
why do we need to have a darn stamina bar for flying? its annoying! just wana enjoy flying without the annoying stamina running out causing us to land. we should have the ability to stay in the air for as long as we want!

Comments

• ph3sph3s ✭✭
    SO in the next shop update you would buy a flying mount with stamina regen. Simple.
  • ph3s wrote: »
    SO in the next shop update you would buy a flying mount with stamina regen. Simple.

oh god i had that in the back of my head. i can see them doing that no doubt ughhhh!
  • The stamina bar makes no sense, at least it should decrease at a rate that is barely noticeable...
    Why can World of Warcraft have flying mounts that can keep flying forever and TERA, which is clearly a superior game, cannot...?
    Seriously devs...
  • Keenichi wrote: »
    The stamina bar makes no sense, at least it should decrease at a rate that is barely noticeable...
    Why can World of Warcraft have flying mounts that can keep flying forever and TERA, which is clearly a superior game, cannot...?
    Seriously devs...

because people complained that it would kill open world pvp with people that just afk in the air (when in reality open world pvp doesnt exist in the game to begin with)

Good job pvp community
  • Then dont give pvp servers forever flying mounts, and see how they come running back.
  • DesuBeanDesuBean ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Even if you can fly forever, half the time I get sniped when flying around from half way across the map. It was hilarious during the mongo event. People were being sniped to their death in bastion.
  • ZtokaZtoka
    edited September 2016
    Keenichi wrote: »
    The stamina bar makes no sense, at least it should decrease at a rate that is barely noticeable...
    Seriously devs...

WoW is far superior to this game in SO many ways, they aren't even in the same league. The only thing this game has going for it is the action combat, and the fact it is free to play.
    For the pvp comments, in WoW (lol) you could have flying mounts in pvp. As a mage, it was fun to dismount super high up and nuke someone/make them dismount and fall to their deaths while you pop your slow fall/levitate and live. Ahh good times. If only WoW were f2p lol.
  • ^ Blizzard was founded in 1990 and had cash stacked before they even made WoW, BHS's first real game was Tera, it was founded in 2007. What do expect from a small Korean company. You may as well compare GW2 to this a well and do a NCSoft vs BHS. Now that Nexon owns a part o Tera you can expect faster changes.
  • Isn't the point of being on a PVP server to well.....PVP? If you get killed on your mount tough [filtered], you joined a PVP server to kill and get killed by other players. PVP isn't a good reason to limit the flight time of mounts.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously devs...

@Keenichi
    Because Tera and World of Warcraft are made by different developers, and Bluehole intends to sell mounts with different flying stamina.
  • Isn't the point of being on a PVP server to well.....PVP? If you get killed on your mount tough [filtered], you joined a PVP server to kill and get killed by other players. PVP isn't a good reason to limit the flight time of mounts.

The issue is that being in the air makes you immune. Requiring them to land periodically can create ways for people to eventually catch you (bug during descent notwithstanding). It limits your ability to remain immune indefinitely. The other way they could have handled it might have been to allow flying mounts to attack each other in the air somehow, but they didn't do that for now. The fact that this limitation also allows them to sell better versions is probably part of the reason for that too.
  • SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously devs...

I never played WoW, but I've heard from quite a few people over the years that flying mounts completely ruined the feeling of travel in that game, making it so tons of content could be bypassed just by flying right across the zone without ever having to stop. The cool thing about TERA flying mounts is that they're great for exploring areas and seeing the game from an aerial view without becoming a major requirement for playing a character.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Seriously devs...

I never played WoW, but I've heard from quite a few people over the years that flying mounts completely ruined the feeling of travel in that game, making it so tons of content could be bypassed just by flying right across the zone without ever having to stop. The cool thing about TERA flying mounts is that they're great for exploring areas and seeing the game from an aerial view without becoming a major requirement for playing a character.

Well if you need another confirmation as someone who played WoW from Vanilla Launch -> Cataclysm close it completely changed the atmosphere of the game. To me it made the game feel less interactive fly in kill the quest mob fly out. I was a rogue which may make my comments seem moot as stealth in stealth out is similar but at the same time its most definitely not. Also of note flying was originally only in outland and max level only it wasn't until WotLK they designed content and continents around flying and being able to fly all the way through. Tera was never designed with flight in mind for Tera unlimited flight is the equivalent of throwing mounts into vanilla wow. Unless the game is designed with flight in mind it honestly changes the whole nature of the game.

In contrast Tera was designed with Porting in mind which is why atlas/journal feel more natural in Tera than flying mounts.
  • Who cares about the OWPvP? It's dead already, why should I kill someone if I'm not gonna win anything with that?
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Seriously devs...
    Well, the new classes ruined a lot of things on Tera and BHS still release new ones.
    Also, there is Trump walls everywhere and in some places like Pora Elinu, ladders can take you higher than flying mounts, so for my the only thing nice about flying mounts is that I can go faster.
  • WoW > Tera ?

RIFT > WoW .

Tera and RIFT are about the same, so Tera > WoW.