[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

EME: Please listen to player concerns and remove the crit power passives from the new dragon mounts

Comments

• Yamazuki wrote: »
    My main issue with them is the fact it's something else beyond your control, I know they'll never remove the passive, but I would prefer them to at least be an active ability so you get some control over the situation rather than relying on yet another layer of rng for your damage... We already have resets, dealing with crits or no crits, and all the rng to get the stats we have, and now there's this.

If this was a skill, like brooch, the problem would be even worse. Atm the "RNG proc" is what make this thing not being "gamebreaking" (yet)
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marjion wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    My main issue with them is the fact it's something else beyond your control, I know they'll never remove the passive, but I would prefer them to at least be an active ability so you get some control over the situation rather than relying on yet another layer of rng for your damage... We already have resets, dealing with crits or no crits, and all the rng to get the stats we have, and now there's this.

If this was a skill, like brooch, the problem would be even worse. Atm the "RNG proc" is what make this thing not being "gamebreaking" (yet)
    It being RNG simply means it favors some classes more than others in short fights, while favoring a different set of classes in longer fights. That is imbalanced regardless. It's just going to be some other mess they'll "balance" the game around.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭

It being RNG simply means it favors some classes more than others in short fights, while favoring a different set of classes in longer fights. That is imbalanced regardless. It's just going to be some other mess they'll "balance" the game around.
    It favors classes with nukes on a long cooldown (i.e. Ninja, Brawler, Gunner) either way.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »

I think its more "imbalanced" when, for example, you're a ninja and cast FA with boss enraged during burn phase right after using the mount buff, than it being a total random proc. But as you said, imbalanced nonetheless

To me the buff itself is a unnecessary addition, but it would be way worse if was a "skill" instead of "random proc"
  • SunsetblvdSunsetblvd ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    DISAGREE!! Please keep the buffs and mounts the way they are 'cause they're awesome AF!
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭

I think its more "imbalanced" when, for example, you're a ninja and cast FA with boss enraged during burn phase right after using the mount buff, than it being a total random proc. But as you said, imbalanced nonetheless

To me the buff itself is a unnecessary addition, but it would be way worse if was a "skill" instead of "random proc"

You can just wait for the proc to use FA... a lot of fights only last long enough to use FA once. So Ninja isn't impacted either way.
  • I have no problem with the buffs on the mounts. I do hope there's more than just loot boxes though, I spent 1000emp on two and didn't get any mount - and I have very limited funds available... I mean I probably am going to just farm pve bams like they mentioned to get a inworld one via tokens, but yeah. Right now getting one is such a big subject of chance ~ an expensive chance at that.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problems with that buff. It is RNG triggered, so is not like it will proc all the time. And this buff to me looks like it will only be useful in open world. Having to mount up in dungeons is such a hassle, that i would rather just walk. In the end, the choice of keeping or removing this buff will not be from EME, it will be from BHS.
  • 1000000000% agreed
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    I have no problems with that buff. It is RNG triggered, so is not like it will proc all the time. And this buff to me looks like it will only be useful in open world. Having to mount up in dungeons is such a hassle, that i would rather just walk. In the end, the choice of keeping or removing this buff will not be from EME, it will be from BHS.

To clarify, the passive has nothing to do with actually using the mount. You simply have to learn the mount skill, and you receive the passive. Meaning that even if you walk, as long as you COULD have used the mount, you still have the passive.

The amount of misinformation that gets repeated is staggering. The moment you learn the dragon skill book you obtain the passive, there is no need to mount.

I dont think you understand how it works. The passive triggers regardless of whether you are mounted.

I'm not even sure how that would make sense otherwise.
  • I think this is a really bad sign of things to come.
    Now we are being pushed in to buying mounts that we may not even want, just to increase combat skills? Bad, bad idea.
  • I agree, while the mounts do look great they buff is totally unnecessary and not needed!
  • I also disagree with OP.

I dun know what kind of pizzing contest he is in, but pls dun drag us down along with u.
    These buff only affect PVE.

Score run is not a thing anymore.
    :(