[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

EME: Please listen to player concerns and remove the crit power passives from the new dragon mounts

145791012

Comments

  • Ownii wrote: »
    MangakaKen wrote: »
    Remove the buff EME. The mounts are fine as it is with HP/MP regen. We don't need an RNG critdmg chance to screw up the game's balance.

    They just CANT remove it anymore a lot of ppl spend allready XXXX money just for the Buff.

    This is no excuse. They can just refund people that swiped for it already if nerfing the passive would be that big of an issue. It's still a rare mount with the best possible stats that are not available anywhere else.
  • The only that is getting removed is this thread. The mount passive buff is awesome. Live with it.
  • edited September 2016
    007Austin wrote: »
    Ownii wrote: »
    MangakaKen wrote: »
    Remove the buff EME. The mounts are fine as it is with HP/MP regen. We don't need an RNG critdmg chance to screw up the game's balance.

    They just CANT remove it anymore a lot of ppl spend allready XXXX money just for the Buff.

    This is no excuse. They can just refund people that swiped for it already if nerfing the passive would be that big of an issue. It's still a rare mount with the best possible stats that are not available anywhere else.

    No, they can't. Do you know the massive implication of refunding that many people that many transactions? And what about people who got the mounts for gold in-game? Do you refund all their gold when you remove their mount? And what about all the consumables that people got from opening the lootboxes? Do you remove those too?

    You would have to do a complete server-rollback plus issuing probably tens of thousands of dollars in refunds (and taking a massive hit in transaction fees), in addition to not selling (and not providing) what is otherwise going to likely be a popular product (because it's not like they can just "turn it off"). The actual accounting cost of doing the work alone would be staggering. It's completely untenable. And just because some vocal people on the forum don't like it or the precedent it sets, and there isn't actually anything technically wrong or malfunctioning about the functionality per BHS's intended design of the game and this feature?

    If the community has this much of a problem with it, they should have said a lot more last week. It's honestly just too late, no matter how you or I feel about it.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    007Austin wrote: »
    Ownii wrote: »
    MangakaKen wrote: »
    Remove the buff EME. The mounts are fine as it is with HP/MP regen. We don't need an RNG critdmg chance to screw up the game's balance.

    They just CANT remove it anymore a lot of ppl spend allready XXXX money just for the Buff.

    This is no excuse. They can just refund people that swiped for it already if nerfing the passive would be that big of an issue. It's still a rare mount with the best possible stats that are not available anywhere else.

    No, they can't. Do you know the massive implication of refunding that many people that many transactions? And what about people who got the mounts for gold in-game? Do you refund all their gold when you remove their mount? And what about all the consumables that people got from opening the lootboxes? Do you remove those too?

    You would have to do a complete server-rollback plus issuing probably tens of thousands of dollars in refunds (and taking a massive hit in transaction fees), in addition to not selling (and not providing) what is otherwise going to likely be a popular product (because it's not like they can just "turn it off"). The actual accounting cost of doing the work alone would be staggering. It's completely untenable. And just because some vocal people on the forum don't like it or the precedent it sets, and there isn't actually anything technically wrong or malfunctioning about the functionality per BHS's intended design of the game and this feature?

    If the community has this much of a problem with it, they should have said a lot more last week. It's honestly just too late, no matter how you or I feel about it.

    The concerns for the mounts were brought up before, and the solution is simply letting people farm for it. It's unlikely they would ever remove the passive, at best tweak it, because part of the point in these mounts is to sell them at a higher price point because it provides the passive and fancier animation that they worked on. There was also the case of a lot of false information going around for a really long time as well. The whole RNG thing had been discussed a million times in the past.

    Dragon mounts is a mount that had been requested for a long time, so of course they added additional stats to it and thus means they get to put it in higher priced loot boxes.
  • Honestly, I'm more annoyed that we have yet another gearing path required to be 100% geared. There was already too much as it is, now the dragons literally weaponize mounts.

    Having to grind for all the mats, MW them, roll from three up to five lines properly, +12, awaken, +15, etching 3, 3% reroll on gear(doing the last eight things four times), make the superior brooch, buy a superior +20 crit innerwear, get 5 jewelry pieces, reroll all of them using semi scrolls, and obtain the belt though the newest HM (comes with getting mats but still)

    This is ridiculous already, but now add a mount that costs up to 300K on TB or RNG your gold for it, and it amounts to absurdity. Tera's power creep is insane, and the continued ignoring of this fact from BHS only becomes more apparent every new patch.

    The center can not hold for this, we seriously will need something to change or it'll be harder and harder to justify gearing alts or bringing new players into this mess :/

    I never really stopped to think about it, but with the release of these dragons, I'm starting to realize why I stopped playing a DPS class. It's just ... expensive. Awakening is really where it all started, but anyway...

    You said it though. When I see the gear that is required to be on an even keel with fellow players in terms of DPS, I'm like, "No thanks."

    Maybe I'm just a casual ... or frugal?
  • so by this logic all VM weps should lose their random proc's as well? QQ less.. get a [filtered] dragon and be on par with everyone else...
  • So they obviously can't refund the mount or remove the passive; however, why not just change the way the crit passive works? The main issue everyone has with the mount is that it is RNG based. EME did a good job making the mount obtainable in game as well and the mounts themselves are pretty badass. If they just remove the RNG element and replace it with something more consist like a base crit power increase it would still be just as good. How much base power would be equal to this buff? IDK I'm too lazy to figure it out but I'm sure it's not too difficult to calculate. That's just my idea feel free to give any other suggestions for removing the RNG.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Tirani wrote: »
    so by this logic all VM weps should lose their random proc's as well? QQ less.. get a [filtered] dragon and be on par with everyone else...

    The proc gives you more damage than a +15 upgrade for its duration.
  • i890popboxi890popbox ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Just give everyone the passives and make it 100% to proc once its cd is reach.. (2-3mins)
  • banim already mentioned the power creep, but i'd like to reiterate that i'm concerned about that too. there's a reason this kind of attribute hasn't been put on mounts yet and it should stay that way.
  • I agree!
    Dragons are cool, passive are lame and unbalance.
  • Yeah, what comes next, costumes with buffs and passive skills? lol.

    This game isn't about skill anymore.
  • yea because a 6 second buff is soo OP, you do know you can also get it in game right without having to spend money.
  • Someone said 5sec of duration. Also rng to get that buff with a longer CD.. Sure guys try to take an advantage of it during a dungeon. #gg
  • "I disagree completely with the community. Let's be honest. You can get the dragons both from the cash shop and in game. You can get both the royal and normal variations. It's literally available to all players. The passives are not overpowered at all if everyone has access to them. All I hear is I'm too lazy to farm BAMs to get my own and I want to rage . You guys charge a fair price for the mounts plus RNG from loot boxes so I really don't know what the big deal is. The only literal difference I see between the mounts from the cash shop and BAMs are color variations, which are cosmetics. If I understand correctly you can get both the normal and royal Crimson and Iron dragon mounts from tokens with the same buffs. So excuse me I'm not impressed with the community reaction." This is the same post I made on the dragon thread. Everyone can get dragons with the same buff, paying or not. The only difference is appearance between the two. So why so much QQ?
Sign In or Register to comment.