[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Dragons

Comments

• EmmalynEmmalyn ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    This is really infuriating. How can they come out and make a statement saying the mounts are available to "all" players when you either spend a bunch of time grinding for token drops, or you pay for lootboxes that can't even guarantee you'll get it. This doesn't seem fair in the least bit.
  • missioDeimissioDei ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Teeface wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to the Ghost Dragon, but I refuse to spend a ludicrous amount of money on endless Loot Boxes just for the CHANCE of getting one that doesn't even appear to be account bound.
    I am all for buying mounts through the CS, I've purchased 2 or 3 in the past, and I enjoy playing casually (not competitively) so the P2W stuff doesn't bother me. However, if I am going to splurge and spend the money, I want the guarantee that I am going to get the mount that I want and not a whole bunch of misc goods.

This. I've been waiting years for mounts that look like this I've bought quite a few mounts from the CS, including the ~$60 flying mount account bundles. I frequently buy from the CS and would have gladly spent that much or more for a guaranteed mount especially if it was account bound. Hell, I'd be more inclined to spend on the lootboxes if they granted account-bound mounts.

I've heard of people spending 40k emp on these boxes and getting only one mount or nothing at all. The rng for these things is extremely disheartening especially for them to be costing 495 emp a pop.

The regular varieties are currently only available if you can even get tokens from the royal loot boxes, and the tokens don't even have decent rng to drop.
    @Spacecats @Treeshark If this is what ya'll meant by 'the ghost and diamond dragons will be available in the emp store' and 'the ghost and diamond dragons are going to be loot box only' then your wording is, once again, misleading as that's lead many to believe that the regular versions would have their own separate boxes and/or lootboxes. But we don't have that we have expensive [filtered] royal lootboxes that barely drop tokens much less a dragon. The rng for these things is a joke it's seriously the worst I've ever seen and I haven't even seen yall address the issue of 'where's the regular varieties' once. If the regular varieties are only going to be available through tokens from these royal lootboxes then say so and stop letting people hold on to false hopes like what's already been happening.
  • VesporaxVesporax ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    They should just make a starter dragon. 50% smaller than the drop/cash dragons, color it poop brown, and give it half the buff.

Don't even know why people try to whiteknight or argue this, when the solution is so simple.
  • DesuBeanDesuBean ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    kubitoid wrote: »
    1. remove elite sub.
    2. make everything in game equal for everyone without any kind of advantage.
    3. make cash-shop costumes untradable.
    4. ...
    5. profit and respect for true f2p gaem.

There's no profit in that, what so ever.
    P2W or whatever you wanna call them, keep the servers running.
    You playing on their servers, taking up bandwidth, doesn't pay the staffs pay checks :(.. sorry.
    There's people who want to spend money on pixels and others who have more obligations in the real world who don't have that luxury.(Just how it is.)
    You just have to deal with it, or find a new game.

How ever I do believe this was intentionally done for some reason to boost sales of the cash shop versions.
    It feels like a detestable way to do things.
    They could have released both on Thursday morning as a sign of good will, but they chose the wrong way to go!
  • EmmalynEmmalyn ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    @DesuBean Tera has been around for years now, I'm sure they have everything down to a science which includes making enough money to keep everything running. I think a lot of players are just disappointed that their new update didn't specify how a lot of things would be attainable such as the mounts that many of us have been waiting for, for years. When a company makes a vague/misleading statement promising dragons - there's going to be an uproar.
  • DesuBeanDesuBean ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    kubitoid wrote: »
    DesuBean wrote: »
    There's no profit in that, what so ever.
    untradable vanity items could give them more profit than they have now trust me. permanent ones. for those who dont pay they can have temp outfits being earned thru ingame activities. but must do it smart or alienate f2p guys easily. idk if this is the case with certain developers. not sure
    Emmalyn wrote: »
    @DesuBean Tera has been around for years now, I'm sure they have everything down to a science which includes making enough money to keep everything running. I think a lot of players are just disappointed that their new update didn't specify how a lot of things would be attainable such as the mounts than many of us have been waiting for, for years. When a company makes a vague/misleading statement promising dragons - there's going to be an uproar.

Updated my original to include the untasteful part of Tera.
    I don't mind outfits what so ever, if anything EMP sellers will start selling EMP for cheap again and I'll be profiting off that as I always do by only playing 2-3 hrs a day.
    Other systems probably have been tried and never worked out to maximize profit, pimping out cosmetics doesn't bother be in the slightest.
    The crit proc however is gameplay altering, which is the only reason I find it to be unfair to the other players.
    All obtainable ways to acquire dragons should have been released at the same time.
  • I think enmasse should fkin realise already after 12312 theards that they are ruining their own game
  • So... how long will it take?

Just a couple days? A week? A month? I was totally discouraged to play TERA but I came back to get this Dragon Mounts... but it wasn't released.
    I completely understand your situation but I'm still disappointed.

Not all players living in the US, not all players who earn in dollars.

I would like you haven't announced the dragon and only launch them when everything was ready. Even it took a while.
    I know this comment may not be constructive for you but... in some point, I understand but it doesn't chance my feeling about it.
  • Anyone notice how the ghost dragon literally drops FPS by 20?
  • @Athenril Reduce particle render size if your specs can't handle it :)
  • As already said Aragorn when he was in front of the Black Gates of Mordor :

Come a day when this game will actually be F2P , but this day is not today!!!!