The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Guild gathering quests

the reward for these should be MUCH higher. consider,
25 or 20 pp cost depending on if you have felicity or not. 5pp every 5 minutes, and a cap of 4k the most points you can ever use during the quest time limit is 4660 (no recovery pots, base 4k +660 recovery for 11 hours) if you leave an hour out for gathering and if you have maximum points at the beginning.

also, the diffusion in the drop tables for nodes means you won't always get the requested mat. 5 recovery pots on my first run to get 1200 leaving me at quest completion with 956pp. that's WITH felicity. that lovely drop table diffusion...

so that's 233 chances if you have felicity or 186 without...you're going to be buying recovery potions or have to be elite and have a stock pile. even THEN, you won't be doing that quest again the next day (1440 recovery per 24 hours) unless you have that stockpile, have lots of gold or emp to buy recovery pots.

why should anyone even bother to do a quest like that that rewards so little and requires an actual investment in gold or emp to complete? where the hell is the logic there? even if you're attempting to promote sales of the recovery potions...the other quests are far less grindy and you actually gain rewards rather than playing at a loss.

it isn't freaking rocket science eme/bhs. that is one of the worst thought out quests i've seen in any mmo...or single player game. low reward, high investment...with alternatives being faster and reward YOU.

all i can do is /facepalm,

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    who said you have to complete the quest on your own?
  • metagame wrote: »
    who said you have to complete the quest on your own?

I did a whole quest solo with a full PP bar and 4 crafter's cure. Of course I don't have felicity.
    DeadX wrote: »
    the reward for these should be MUCH higher. consider,
    25 or 20 pp cost depending on if you have felicity or not. 5pp every 5 minutes, and a cap of 4k the most points you can ever use during the quest time limit is 4660 (no recovery pots, base 4k +660 recovery for 11 hours) if you leave an hour out for gathering and if you have maximum points at the beginning.

also, the diffusion in the drop tables for nodes means you won't always get the requested mat. 5 recovery pots on my first run to get 1200 leaving me at quest completion with 956pp. that's WITH felicity. that lovely drop table diffusion...

so that's 233 chances if you have felicity or 186 without...you're going to be buying recovery potions or have to be elite and have a stock pile. even THEN, you won't be doing that quest again the next day (1440 recovery per 24 hours) unless you have that stockpile, have lots of gold or emp to buy recovery pots.

why should anyone even bother to do a quest like that that rewards so little and requires an actual investment in gold or emp to complete? where the [filtered] is the logic there? even if you're attempting to promote sales of the recovery potions...the other quests are far less grindy and you actually gain rewards rather than playing at a loss.

it isn't freaking rocket science eme/bhs. that is one of the worst thought out quests i've seen in any mmo...or single player game. low reward, high investment...with alternatives being faster and reward YOU.

all i can do is /facepalm,

All I can do is facepalm that you expect more from them. The fact that there is even a gathering quest to level up a guild is pretty generous IMO, and you want MORE? I mean this is suppose to level up a guild, a social organization in the game, the fact they put what is essentially non-group content to level up a group benefit is probably far more than you would expect in any other game.
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    My guild ran two of the gathering quests earlier, we had about five people at a time doing them (some went off, others would get on), was done fairly quickly while we were doing IoD dailies on our own during that. As Draqsko said, a guild is meant to have several people in it working together... that's the point of a guild after all... ;)

One of our newer guildies also was quite happy about the bunch of gold he made from selling the rarer stuff like scarabs and so on.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    @TomRipley and @metagame
    don't try and BS me. been playing too long. nodes don't regenerate all that fast so you either move on or change channels. also last i teamed and there was gathering involved...distance mattered. too far away no sharing. and in what way EXACTLY does any of that refute my points eh?

main one being the reward for time or other investments vs doing instances and BG's and actually get greater rewards. hmm? hmm?

@Draqsko your luck, which is exactly what it is when drop tables are rng is irrelevant. and you don't seem to understand simple math son. you INVEST more gathering...as you showed with one less recovery that i had...but you still invested when you COULD have ran instances/bg's and get rewarded rather than spending resources in what deranged world is losing > than gaining eh? whether it be time, gold, or emp. you gain more from the instances in a shorter amount of time than the gathering.

investment doesn't match reward when compared to the alternatives...pretty fracking simple equation.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't try and BS me. been playing too long. nodes don't regenerate all that fast so you either move on or change channels. also last i teamed and there was gathering involved...distance mattered. too far away no sharing. and in what way EXACTLY does any of that refute my points eh?

This is a quest, you don't need to gather at the same time, in the same zone, on the same channel or anything like that. Whenever one guild member picks up 7 fibers, those are counted towards the quest regardless of whether anyone else is even gathering. It refutes your points because GUILD quests were meant to be done by a GUILD not by a player. You choose to do them all by yourself, that's on you. Deal with it.
    main one being the reward for time or other investments vs doing instances and BG's and actually get greater rewards. hmm? hmm?

Then do dungeons and BGs, nobody's stopping you. Gathering quests are there as a little mercy towards casual and alt guilds that might not have the manpower to complete other quests.
    investment doesn't match reward when compared to the alternatives...pretty fracking simple equation.

That's...your opinion. I find the rewards quite reasonable compared to the "effort" required and, in certain cases, the time.
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Obviously the quest isnt for someone salty like you - Sorry to say that because the game isnt even forcing you to do that quest but youre still complaining (Not to say youre even raging over something youre not forced to do), the quest is fun to do it once in awhile.

I did that yesterday with my Guild, we had alot of laugh because that was the first time we had 5 ppl gathering at once and seeing those messages popped up was pretty fun seeing ppl working together. It was fun, we started with 2 and then 3 ppl came and did it (Because only 2 online when we started), took a few screenshots while we were doing so.

When we finished we gathered up and took a few shots to remember that day as well "GATHERING STATIC HAR HAR", you need to find a way to have fun in a game, not finding its faults and rage at it. Dont call other ppl "son" because the last sentence of mine says pretty much everything, they didnt "BS" with you, they were telling the truth, youre the one who doesnt know how to do it efficiently. And we were all happy to use our 90809809809 crafter's cures, all that fun and laugh and memories in a game i love. I would use all my crafter's cure just to have it if i have to.

About channels, the way you talked about it showed how clueless you are about gathering. When we started with 2, we both never had to change channels. We usually go gather together before. The only time we had to switch channels were when we only gathered 1 type of node (Fibers). Now with this kind of quest which requires 3 types. Yeah. We never felt like switching.

You say "why do this when you can run dungeon?", what my GM said yesterday when she accepted that quest was "Yeah, im kinda tired of seeing pirate Nagas now", pretty much alot of us were feeling the same way.

Screenshots:
    T8Taf8K.jpg
    soDQKu8.jpg
    WsPFWIl.jpg

And this one from my lovely guildie:
    2XYt930.png
  • DeadX wrote: »
    @TomRipley and @metagame

@Draqsko your luck, which is exactly what it is when drop tables are rng is irrelevant. and you don't seem to understand simple math son. you INVEST more gathering...as you showed with one less recovery that i had...but you still invested when you COULD have ran instances/bg's and get rewarded rather than spending resources in what deranged world is losing > than gaining eh? whether it be time, gold, or emp. you gain more from the instances in a shorter amount of time than the gathering.

It took me 2 hours to complete and I have a ton of stockpiled cures. I could do one every day solo for 3 weeks straight. I also did it while waiting for Corsairs to pop, so it's not like I could have done anything else like dungeons otherwise I'd never have gotten the CS pops I wanted to do.
  • My guild (6 members online ATM) completes these quests in 5-10mins, you dont need to do it by yourself, the main goal is to do it together with your guildies.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    fact: an instance costs you NOTHING but some time. no PP, no extra gold/emp even if you instance match with randoms. in fact you GAIN from loot drops as well as guild rewards and VG rewards.

so tell me once again how that's even remotely comparable to a task that does cost you? hmm? then there's this little fact that not everyone plays at peak times, nor does every guild have a ton of members.

i have YET to see anything that negates the fact that the cost of the gathering quests is greater than the alternatives. it's like you have your collective heads shoved up...fill in the blanks.

cost vs zero cost. why is that so difficult? did tera suddenly gather white knights when i wasn't paying attention? ignore the facts and make excuses for a mechanic that is nowhere near close to on par with alternatives. yeah, that makes complete logical sense...hope none of you ever run a business, you'd be giving customers more money than they paid to you as change by your logic.
  • ChoaruChoaru ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    I feel like this argument is going to go absolutely no where...but... *brings out popcorn*
    Anyways wanna join?

Anyways, I understand that the rewards given do not match up with what was put into completing the quest. it seems unfair tbh
    But Honestly though...if the gathering quests are ruffling your feathers, then do not do them T.T
    For smaller guilds there are easier dungeons to run, and quite frankly, I feel like the gatherings quests were put in just so people could have things to do while waiting for a que, friends.. Etc

• Don't you gather stuff anyway, regardless if it's for a quest or not? I've been gathering on multiple accounts for over a year anyway, this is an extra gain for me.

And doing it with 4or 5 people it's fast and cheap.

Also, not only those are way easier than doing a hard mode dungeon (something has to compensate), they also give you more contribution.

Also, whatever mat not needed for the quest, has way more value. Etching/brooch stuff sells fast at the broker.
  • DeadX wrote: »
    @TomRipley and @metagame

No one was trying to BS you. You asked why someone would do a quest like this and got plenty of valid answers from people here. You asked how about your other points, and I haven't seen any post arguing against them. Yet you call BS and whiteknighting. Some anger issues there?

I have four 65ers and grind some IoD quests each day to get to rewards tier 7 atm, got three Felicities, so I gather anyway.

If you feel there's guild quests that suit you better, then do those, simple as that. It has been pointed out already that no one is forcing you to do the gathering quests.

My guildies and me had some fun chatting during the minutes we spent on those quests ("Oh no, not another useless God's Tear!"). Admittedly if you solo those quests I imagine your conversations might have been a bit more one sided and boring. ;)
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.
    Guild Mission’s Objectives have been changed

Dungeon -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 clears
    Dungeon -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 clears
    Dungeon -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 clears
    Battleground -Small -Reduced from 5 to 3 Victories
    Battleground -Medium -Reduced from 15 to 9 Victories
    Battleground -Large -Reduced from 25 to 15 Victories
    Gather -Small (Single Item) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
    Gather -Small (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 400 to 160 items
    Gather -Large (Multiple Items) -Reduced from 1200 to 480 items
    Source: http://www.essentialmana.com/news/728-2/
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    There's literally nothing to spend on PP though; all I can think of crafting is VM gear, brooch, refining, oils, alchemy and etching... but the only thing that's most likely to be spending PP on is etching and alchemy. Then there are several people who have an abundance of crafter's cures from elite boxes too.

I enjoy gathering quest and it's a good thing for the guild too since it has so much Contribution point potential for all guild members unlike dungeons which is kinda limited by the people who were able to run it.

I can't say my guild had fun or something because we didn't chat on guild chat (probably they were chatting in voice channel though) but when I know I need raw materials, especially goblu essence for mana potions, I can just ask them for those.

anyways, good news for people like you, because they are cutting it down by a lot-- too much, imo.

i have over 500 elite crafters cures...that wasn't the point. no other quest requires you to spend and since there was comparisons with the other quests that was definitive that gathering costs more for around the same reward than doing the other quests.

@ the rest. valid answers? no. you posted how you yourselves did it, that doesn't refute the main point at all. it still cost you whereas running a BG or dungeon doesn't, you gain in all ways from those quests. cost in time being removed from that cost.

but glad to see they're changing it. thanks for that post Idi0ticGenius.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

i have over 500 elite crafters cures...that wasn't the point. no other quest requires you to spend and since there was comparisons with the other quests that was definitive that gathering costs more for around the same reward than doing the other quests.

@ the rest. valid answers? no. you posted how you yourselves did it, that doesn't refute the main point at all. it still cost you whereas running a BG or dungeon doesn't, you gain in all ways from those quests. cost in time being removed from that cost.

but glad to see they're changing it. thanks for that post Idi0ticGenius.

It costs you PP, sure. But it requires no effort, no gear, no skill, no experience, no other people available at the same time, not consumables or crystals, no queue times, no win requirement. And those quests are always available. For investing nothing but time and PP(which also costs you nothing), you gain guild levels and some gold, in certain cases even more gold than you'd get from the alternatives.