[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

As a healer how do you feel about the duo-heal meta?

Comments

• I have mixed opinions, long story short? i like it for static groups, where it makes the run smoother by stacking debuffs and getting the most out of the parties dps and hate it for IM where i feel like it hinders the performance of the group. Yes, it may save REALLY bad groups, but it enables people to play recklessly and not iframe or block (aka playing their class properly) not to mention carring healers that don't do anyth, (no buffs, no debuffs, no heals) how are they supposed to learn if one healer does all the work. I mean, i understand easy dungeons do not need two heals(and currently the only dual healing dng by IM is df, which is easy), but seriously, don't just stand there, at least do triple nemesis and estars... (or for mystics voc/contagion)

TLDR? like it in static, hate it in IM, but don't feel its a necessary thing in any dng
  • The only time I find that double heal is useful is in 10 man raids like Wonderholme or the old Rift's Edge.... however those can both be solo healed if the healer is pretty good ;o

Also since I play healer I hate having a second healer in the party for anything below 10 man ;o
  • I mean, if you're gonna condemn two healers in a party for any given dng, why is it so much more inherently acceptable that a party has 3 dps classes? Kill the boss by yourself...oh, 2 more dps make the fight shorter and easier?...wow! What's the reasoning behind being against a second healer? where is the negative impact? please someone give me a valid reason for all the dual-heal hatery
  • I mean, if you're gonna condemn two healers in a party for any given dng, why is it so much more inherently acceptable that a party has 3 dps classes? Kill the boss by yourself...oh, 2 more dps make the fight shorter and easier?...wow! What's the reasoning behind being against a second healer? where is the negative impact? please someone give me a valid reason for all the dual-heal hatery

I find it falls into 2 categories:
    - Because it's either boring to them
    - Or they don't get treated like special snowflakes because they're the sole healer.
  • I find it extremely boring only reason I dislike it I find I'm standing still doing nothing a lot more than when I'm the only healer
  • Oro125 wrote: »
    I find it extremely boring only reason I dislike it I find I'm standing still doing nothing a lot more than when I'm the only healer

I concur with you there, if I'm doing my thing while another mystic is there, it almost feels they doing nothing. On Demokron Factory, first and second bosses, my guildees and I sometimes agree on the priest healing the party while I focus on the tank and/or off-tank and keep up debuffs as if it was hard to do that...

When I'm on my own its a bit more, challenging and stressing, but nothing wrong with that. I can solo heal all the content I prefer to play as mystic. However, I think I understand at times the duo healer meta as it comes in handy when the whole party minus one person is new to a dungeon. I can show the other healer tricks, but then that is usually only done with guild runs, or with a party of friends...
  • Make 6 men hardmode dungeon. Everyone Happy.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosalyn wrote: »
    Oro125 wrote: »
    I find it extremely boring only reason I dislike it I find I'm standing still doing nothing a lot more than when I'm the only healer

I concur with you there, if I'm doing my thing while another mystic is there, it almost feels they doing nothing. On Demokron Factory, first and second bosses, my guildees and I sometimes agree on the priest healing the party while I focus on the tank and/or off-tank and keep up debuffs as if it was hard to do that...

When I'm on my own its a bit more, challenging and stressing, but nothing wrong with that. I can solo heal all the content I prefer to play as mystic. However, I think I understand at times the duo healer meta as it comes in handy when the whole party minus one person is new to a dungeon. I can show the other healer tricks, but then that is usually only done with guild runs, or with a party of friends...

That's your choice though. Nobody is forcing you to sit around and do half the job.
  • I actually like it, but that might just be me because I have a friend duo healing with me instead of a random. Plus, we both like healing and I know I can rely on him to fix whatever mistakes I make. Plus, with the people I run with, dps is a little higher with a mystic + priest than 4 dps + priest. It's also not as bad if one heal dies, the other can res. Though, this is probably just me, and duo healing doesn't work with everyone.

I wouldn't say duo heal with a bunch of new dps/tank is a good idea because the run would take forever, but one is okay. Also duo healing is good for new healers learning a dungeon because they have a safety cushion.
  • I don't mind it.
  • edited September 2016
    I kind of like having double heals. If it's a learning run I want to have a second healer to survive longer and learn mechanics. if it's a dungeon I'm familiar with I can take either solo or duo.
  • In learning runs I encourage double heals... but in dungeons that most people know I see no point in having more than a single healer for dungeons below 10 people, however a Priest and Mystic make a fine combo but aren't necessary
  • ^
    it speeds up run

if M+P was slower than 4 dps + priest you'd see more ppl do the later blame EME its an mmo ppl always do the easiest route hence why serious parties always have double heals or double tanks cuz dumb devs made clearing content with that party comp easier and faster than the normal 1 tank, 3 DPS, 1 Heal.
  • 5H96Y49G6D wrote: »
    ^
    it speeds up run

if M+P was slower than 4 dps + priest you'd see more ppl do the later blame EME its an mmo ppl always do the easiest route hence why serious parties always have double heals or double tanks cuz dumb devs made clearing content with that party comp easier and faster than the normal 1 tank, 3 DPS, 1 Heal.

Double healer is faster than 3 DPS + priest, sure, but it's slower than 3 DPS + mystic. You're comparing the wrong thing.

You're right that it's easier though, but a lot of groups still use mystic solo heal. I'm fine with either, but I'm fully aware that solohealing as a priest is going to be slower than duo heal (depending on the DPS) or solo mystic.
  • I rarely do solo heal, but well are u sure?

Most most of the speed runs I see are double heals or double tank.

The only solo heal speed run I saw with 3 DPS was the Korean copout vid aka 3 Ninjas + Brawler finished SSHM < 5m but its kek meme Ninja.

I honestly doubt 3 sorc or any combination of DPS + 1 tank + 1 heal would do any better than 3 OP Ninjas.