[PC] Maintenance is now complete! Thank you!
[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 7/24 at 7pm PDT. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/32JFI3j

Dragons Update (9/30/16)

Hi Everyone,

I’d like to follow up on iron and crimson dragons, and having them drop in game. As we approached the Guilded Age update and the release of dragon mounts, we had a plan in mind which we were ready to implement. However, after further investigation and research, that plan wasn’t good enough and we had to go back to the drawing board. The dragons are quite possibly the best items produced so far for TERA, and we want to remain respectful to both you and to Bluehole in the way that they’re distributed.

We’ve had very long and intense conversations with Bluehole on the best way to go about this, and we’re almost at a resolution. It’s these discussions which are contributing to a longer delay than we’d initially hoped. At the moment, we’re aiming to have a final plan in place for in-game drops starting in October. While I would love it to be early October, realistically it will most likely be later October. At that point we’ll also be releasing iron and crimson dragons in the TERA store, but not until they are earnable through in-game means. As many of you know the diamond and ghost dragon mounts were never intended to be available through in-game means, which is why we felt it made sense to add them to the store with the Guilded Age launch. Iron and Crimson dragons, on the other hand, were set aside as a way for dedicated players to earn an awesome piece of TERA history, and that’s still our goal as our conversation with Bluehole continues.

I’ll follow up with another announcement in October when a plan has been agreed upon. In the meantime, I know a lot of you are anxious for the release of these mounts, and I appreciate everyone’s patience in all of this as we work things out.

Thanks,
Spacecats

Comments

• KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    so dragons with the new dungeons only ...

And what you mean with dedicated players`?
  • Dragons at least *;...;*
  • edited September 2016
    Ketoth wrote: »
    so dragons with the new dungeons only ...

And what you mean with dedicated players`?

Those who play all the time. Players who are looking forward to earning the dragons through in-game means.

Also, they're not tied to any new dungeons or content updates.
  • PWYD33LLA7 wrote: »
    Thank you spacecat. @Spacecats can you take a look of the dragon master passive(1.5critpower) the passive only giving us+1 instead +1.5 (I tested it on low IOD mob)

Can you message me and tell me about what you did to test it?
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit, I like it when a publisher does a stupid and delays an item. Gives me more time to think about how badly I want said item and ultimately conclude "no at all". It takes special skill to delay an item by so much, the people who were semi-hyped stop caring.
  • " dedicated players " I've been playing just about nonstop everyday for 3 years. I hope I get a dragon
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    I have to admit, I like it when a publisher does a stupid and delays an item. Gives me more time to think about how badly I want said item and ultimately conclude "no at all". It takes special skill to delay an item by so much, the people who were semi-hyped stop caring.

I gotta admit this is kind of where I fall, I kinda started to forget about them, if it wasn't for people bringing it up all the time wasting their time being too mad about it. Although for me, I probably wont have the time I had when they were 'supposed' to be launched so may miss out considerably. For this delay they need to consider making it less of an 'event' and more of a 'new drop feature' that hangs around near-indefinitely so people aren't punished to lootbox for not playing TERA when "the best items produced so far for TERA" are released via an ingame event.
  • Yep, hype is gone. Was planning to buy an account bound one before they announced there weren't gonna be account bound ones, now I'm likely not going to buy any at all even if they offer an account bound one.
  • dragons for Halloween? Witches riding dragons...
  • BHTrellisBHTrellis ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Hazgazemos wrote: »
    dragons for Halloween? Witches riding dragons...

Dragons wearing a sheet with holes cut into the eyes over their heads.
  • You're sugar coating bull shh.. But as just a moderator I suppose there's nothing else that can be done besides this.

Nice try enmasse and no offense directed towards you personally. I feel the community will be impacted negatively by these actions.
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    another 1% mount ayyy
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    We’ve had very long and intense conversations with Bluehole on the best way to go about this, and we’re almost at a resolution. It’s these discussions which are contributing to a longer delay than we’d initially hoped. At the moment, we’re aiming to have a final plan in place for in-game drops starting in October. While I would love it to be early October, realistically it will most likely be later October. At that point we’ll also be releasing iron and crimson dragons in the TERA store, but not until they are earnable through in-game means. As many of you know the diamond and ghost dragon mounts were never intended to be available through in-game means, which is why we felt it made sense to add them to the store with the Guilded Age launch. Iron and Crimson dragons, on the other hand, were set aside as a way for dedicated players to earn an awesome piece of TERA history, and that’s still our goal as our conversation with Bluehole continues.

I’ll follow up with another announcement in October when a plan has been agreed upon. In the meantime, I know a lot of you are anxious for the release of these mounts, and I appreciate everyone’s patience in all of this as we work things out.

Thanks,
    Spacecats

Talk is cheap, specially when past discussions with Bluehole takes more than 3 months to implement!
  • Why not give out code that gives temporary dragon mount? People gonna buy/farm permanent anyway.
  • hose who play all the time. Players who are looking forward to earning the dragons through in-game means.

Also, they're not tied to any new dungeons or content updates.

This more or less confirm that in game dragons will be only obtainable by <1% of action player population. I suspect it will be a tokens based system that would require weeks or months of active gameplay to finally acquire a dragon. Due of the popularity of dragons in this game, it is only logical that Bluehole does not want to lose revenue by giving away free dragons to players. If anyone wants a dragon, he/she should probably save up enough gold to purchase it from other players. The amount of effort to obtain a dragon in game might not be less than the amount of effort to acquire enough gold to buy it right now. Why is Bluehole devoting extra effort of making the dragon mount available in game when players can obtain it from other players?