[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The Next Time You Guys Get Extra Upset At EME

Comments

• I think a publisher that truly cared about the playerbase it has would have held off on adding the cash shop dragons until players who don't spend money on the game had an in-game method of obtaining them. They wouldn't care about losing a bit of money in doing so because they'd be doing what's right instead of doing what's fiscally sensible.
  • edited October 2016
    I think a publisher that truly cared about the playerbase it has would have held off on adding the cash shop dragons until players who don't spend money on the game had an in-game method of obtaining them. They wouldn't care about losing a bit of money in doing so because they'd be doing what's right instead of doing what's fiscally sensible.

If they had control of the situation, then yes. (That definitely would have been my first choice, and was my first reaction as well.) But consider the politics: BHS in Korea vetoed their proposal for in-game distribution of the dragons (not the cash shop method), and now in the new proposal the iron/crimson will also be in the store (which gives a hint at the compromising that was necessary to get BHS to agree to allowing in-game distro). If EME had told BHS at that junction that they were going to halt all sales of dragons on principle (including the cash shop ones that weren't going to be in game anyway), they surely would have gotten fired and replaced by someone who would have agreed with BHS's demands (since BHS's owners also own EME). This way, despite the horrible player perception for now, they live to fight another day and can at least work on a compromise to get the other dragons in-game.

It's good to be principled, but this might not have been the hill to die on.
  • Chaotix453Chaotix453 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I think that making this post was a very bad idea on your part.

All you're really doing here is giving people cause to paint the entire player council as a bunch of brown-nosers, which will further increase the current divide between EME and the players as well as make relations far more hostile. This post was unnecessary and asinine.

I know I'm just a plebe without one of your fancy council badges, but I would recommend you be more responsible with what you post in regards to the current scenario given the fact that everything you say can and will be attributed to the player council as a whole. The fact that you've essentially gotten into a melee with several forum posters here doesn't help your case either.
  • DesuskyDesusky ✭✭✭
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    Vysse wrote: »

I can assure you we have multiple times given feedback on things that were done to the game. I cannot disclose much else. I wasn't trying to start a flame war. I just want you guys to consider that EME is on your side.

What did you think this kind of thread would start? Tensions are high in the community, and this thread could easily be seen as a slap in the face to players, sucking up by the council, and/or more PR. This isnt the first and only mistake thats ever happened, EME has at several times destroyed the communities trust. We are well beyond the times of "I apologize, we will make this right, I promise." How many complaints has the community made about communication and transparency? How many times do we get left in the dark? How excited were players when the player council was announced? "Finally a group of players to speak for us and give feedback straight to EME and bridge the gap in our lack of communication!!!!" And the results so far? "I can assure you" "I cannot disclose" And right back to square one. As long as questions are dodged and vague non-answers are given, i doubt trust will be possible. At this point, EME has one hope, and thats proof through action. Empty promises and apologies won't fix [filtered], but get some [filtered] done and show us you know what you're doing... Then making a thread defending EME might seem like the right thing to do.
    Chaotix453 wrote: »
    I think that making this post was a very bad idea on your part.

All you're really doing here is giving people cause to paint the entire player council as a bunch of brown-nosers, which will further increase the current divide between EME and the players as well as make relations far more hostile. This post was unnecessary and asinine.

I know I'm just a plebe without one of your fancy council badges, but I would recommend you be more responsible with what you post in regards to the current scenario given the fact that everything you say can and will be attributed to the player council as a whole. The fact that you've essentially gotten into a melee with several forum posters here doesn't help your case either.

sums it up
  • inb4 it's delayed another 6 months
    "Negotiations broke down. We're still on your side."
  • VysseVysse ✭✭✭
    Sigh. I give up. I came here to point out that EME isn't necessarily the bad guy here. You guys want to be mad go for it. I'm going to just ignore this thread. It was meant to show EME cares not incite a riot.
  • DesuskyDesusky ✭✭✭
    Vesporax wrote: »
    inb4 it's delayed another 6 months
    "Negotiations broke down. We're still on your side."

naw they said end of october.
    ive heard that ktera is also releasing in game versions of the dragon soon, from ktera patch notes or gm notes ? i forget where exactly.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. I give up. I came here to point out that EME isn't necessarily the bad guy here. You guys want to be mad go for it. I'm going to just ignore this thread. It was meant to show EME cares not incite a riot.

what do you expect when you create this thread? enmasse is not evil, but they are not 100% clean, they can be good and bad, it is sometime they can be enough bad for some people to go mad against them, for me i disagree how they merge the servers, for deathologist he is unhappy with mongo, for yuhata it is kuma royale

so we critic sometime enmasse and is that, after we turn the page and do something else
  • Keep suking eme
  • PKthebirdPKthebird
    edited October 2016
    sanj66 wrote: »
    I want you to remember this right here

Spacecats wrote: »
    AVPlayer wrote: »
    Why is Bluehole devoting extra effort of making the dragon mount available in game when players can obtain it from other players?

Because we believe it's the right thing to do, and we said we would.

Day by day EME always tries to do right by us while still staying a business. Please keep that in mind guys.

all he did was damage control with some fancy pr statements, that does not mean they mean anything they say etc, lol.

You're kidding me right? You know have you even once considered that they might be on our sides. Na, to easy to blame them.

i look at track record and what have they ever tried to do right? host events that are ridiculously rewarding for people who dont even play the game, constantly mess up patches and basically make their entire q and a department irrelevant, multiple broken promises in the past, up to now treeshark NEVER made good on his promise to make a real increase awakening event happen, but everyone forgot about that right? trust me i have worked in this industry and i have seen the difference between alot of publishers, i can tell you there are publishers out there or developers that make sure every single line of text and new mechanic is working by having q and a testers level up characters of each class and gender to make sure everything is ok and some are companies smaller than bhs/enmasse, what do we get here? it just seems ever since you lot got made on the player council everything is pro eme to you all. again all it was was good pr and thats it. as a side note the staff of the company doesnt even have proper knowledge on the game aka they dont know much and in some cases nothing at all about the game, how can they be on our side or be trying to help players when you dont even have interest in the said product?

They consistently give away free stuff. They always try to make up for mistakes. As for the awakening event they did have a time when enchanting was cheaper WHICH WAS THE BEST THE COULD DO. They only have so much available to them. They have knowledge of the game and where they sometimes don't the Player Council, WHICH WAS THEIR IDEA, gives input. This has nothing to do with my spot on the Player Council. I have complained about stuff while on the council, but the fact is you guys always assume the worst and things usually turn out pretty okay.

giving out free stuff does not equate to fixing anything or quality of service. this just shows how easily people are distracted and forget about the real issues, also reduced enchantment rates by 25% does not equate to what was promised, 3X enchanting advantage, 1/3 cost doesnt even equate to that as it does not affect the per attempt chance. and if the player council gives input where has this quality input been or what in the past events has it been? more times than not the team shows they have no or very little knowledge of the game. they might know bam names or boss names, but class mechanics or boss mechanics, dungeon mechanics, even tech support telling people who have packet loss that they have latency issues.......

I'm going to leave this here:

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/This-is-not-the-meaning-of-soon

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/news-announcements/topics/Storm-Season-Part-I-The-Dreamstorm?page=6

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/player-vs-player/topics/REMOVE-HEALING-REDUCTION-IN-GRIDIRON

*runs away*...
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna write something about this, but after i read through, i figured people just wont listen.

You guys wanna stay all mad and grumpy about A MOUNT of all items that are in TERA, go ahead. I share the thought with @Vysse. These days looks like being mad at just about everything is the new trend.
  • The dragons that ment to come with the store one could aslo be bug its not just eme its also BHS is the one that make the patch items ect ect yes i understand that eme could update but they might be still trying to see what wrong or whateved rember that every stuff we get for the store or in-game items most of that come from BHS who know eme could also fixing stuff and just forget to post.
  • you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please all the people all of the time. yes there are things im not happy with, but there are many things I am happy with. and the happy out numbers the not so happy. crap happens. lets give eme time to make good on their word. at least they did give us a better ezplination on some of the things, and gave us an estimated time.
  • ratedXratedX ✭✭✭
    Not going to say much.

Announced on Aug. 25, 2016
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/producer-letter-for-autumn-2016

That's right, Flying mounts were indeed mentioned "flying dragon mounts, will be coming towards the end of September."
    And they did release them! But you would think in a month, They would have worked something out with BHS to release all of them.
    And not just the Cash shop ones.

"The Guilded Age" Came out Sep 20th.
    Was This really a Untested build released? or what? Because with everything that's been going on.
    Server crashing on the day of "Civil Unrest" for what? 2hrs? and it ended up not even taking place.
    Not to mention all the bugs listed in http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/6939/civil-unrest-known-issues/p1
    People having latency / disconnection issues more then ever?
    http://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/7104/experiencing-server-instability-lag-report-here#latest

Now i hope tomorrow people can actually do Civil Unrest since they implemented a hot fix.
    But we shall see! Sadly, It's during hours EME is closed, So if a problem does happen. Ya....

And i do understand problems do happen. It's just the nature of the beast.
    And EME can only do so much. It's up to BHS to approve of what they report.
    Sure, They can make some changes, But it still needs approval (to some extent)
    Rewarding player's for the inconvenience with special events?
    Sure, Why not. It's really all they can do to distract players.
    If you can log in to actually do them. (weekends suck!)

But honestly, The Mongo event wasn't thought out to much.
    For the amount of effort, (little to none) You were rewarded with a Sur-plus of materials.
    All you had to do was be in a raid farming them, Afk or not and your Mail-box filled up.
    For people who actually don't work, etc and could be online...
    People pretty much stocked up on Materials until vm10 (no-joke)

These rewards should have been non-tradable and (personal).
    Not to mention the amount of stuff given should have been reduced.
    But what's done is done. The broker took a hit. It happens. Trial and Error.

Now as for this post. What did you really expect to happen with all the recent issues going on?
    I'm sure people do understand EME is doing their "best" to resolve all the issues currently going on.
    But their not going to be happy about the issues, And would like them addressed as soon possible.

Honestly they need more staff dedicated to look for bugs in their game, Let alone investigate issues players report.
    Logging into Twitch to give the community updates, etc is one thing. But Spacecat is just there for PR really.
    He's still new to the Tera community and doesn't actually know all the problems in the game.
    But he's doing a good job. I don't personally log into Twitch much to watch (work) But he seems like a cool guy.

But you can understand where people are coming from.
    Some pay monthly subscriptions
    Some buy EMP
    Other's just play the game because it's free.

But no one is special.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Everyone has a right to speak their mind.
    This is a Online Forum for a game after all. There will always be mixed words / heated arguments.

All we (the gamers) have is to wait for EME to update us on what's what, And hopefully it's good news.
    Otherwise....

Sadly, It's not like EME can update us on the hour every hour though.
    If they say "They are looking into it" I'm sure they are.
    But depending on the issue, It could be a simple fix or need major work.
    And again, depending on the issue. They need BHS to agree with "Most Changes"
    But that takes time. And they are only at the Office during their officer hours.
    So if it doesn't get fixed during the hours they are there. What can they honestly report?
    Their ordinarily people like you and me. They just have cooler jobs then most of us.

Now i feel like i been rambling on for about a hour. So I'm just going to end it here.

Posts like this will always bring "Heated Discussions" and Mixed words into play.
    Especially if there are current issues at hand.

• DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    I want you to remember this right here

Spacecats wrote: »
    AVPlayer wrote: »
    Why is Bluehole devoting extra effort of making the dragon mount available in game when players can obtain it from other players?

Because we believe it's the right thing to do, and we said we would.

Day by day EME always tries to do right by us while still staying a business. Please keep that in mind guys.

all he did was damage control with some fancy pr statements, that does not mean they mean anything they say etc, lol.

You're kidding me right? You know have you even once considered that they might be on our sides. Na, to easy to blame them.

i look at track record and what have they ever tried to do right? host events that are ridiculously rewarding for people who dont even play the game, constantly mess up patches and basically make their entire q and a department irrelevant, multiple broken promises in the past, up to now treeshark NEVER made good on his promise to make a real increase awakening event happen, but everyone forgot about that right? trust me i have worked in this industry and i have seen the difference between alot of publishers, i can tell you there are publishers out there or developers that make sure every single line of text and new mechanic is working by having q and a testers level up characters of each class and gender to make sure everything is ok and some are companies smaller than bhs/enmasse, what do we get here? it just seems ever since you lot got made on the player council everything is pro eme to you all. again all it was was good pr and thats it. as a side note the staff of the company doesnt even have proper knowledge on the game aka they dont know much and in some cases nothing at all about the game, how can they be on our side or be trying to help players when you dont even have interest in the said product?

name those mmo publishers and developers that do so well that are smaller than EME/BHS. go ahead. trust you? don't think so. people BS all the time trying to bolster their points. when someone asks for proof? never found.

so prove it.