Forum bugs/annoyances

Comments

• VenpaiVenpai ✭✭✭
    Pinopy wrote: »
    I liked seeing people's in-game names and class
    I also liked having class forums separated so I have all of my favorite class's posts in one place.

Another really small thing I preferred was when the avatars were bigger. Not like it is important but in my opinion it balanced the posts more? So long posts aren't as much of a headache to read and seem like less of a wall of text.

But that's just my opinion ^^

bigger font choices would be nice as well.

(HI PINO)
  • NikoJimzNikoJimz ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Current color scheme is bad. The background of the post and background of the thread are way too similar, which makes it harder to read. Would prefer if the post background was darkened so the text stood out more. Quotes also need a color change badly. You can barely tell whether or not someone has quoted a post.

Pretty much need to cut down on the blending colors is my biggest complaint so far.
  • Pinopy wrote: »
    I liked seeing people's in-game names and class
    I also liked having class forums separated so I have all of my favorite class's posts in one place.

Another really small thing I preferred was when the avatars were bigger. Not like it is important but in my opinion it balanced the posts more? So long posts aren't as much of a headache to read and seem like less of a wall of text.

But that's just my opinion ^^

^ I agree with this.

Imo, one of the best improvements to the forum is that you can now preview your posts before posting. :pleased:

Also, has anyone noticed that the high elf racial symbol is missing from the avatar options? :^(
  • 1: I am still unable to log in to this forum using Firefox. I was hoping this would fix it but nope. I have had to use IE every time for a good while now.

2: For some reason when choosing an avatar, a little page pops out, and when you select a picture it goes to a full-size page of the same avatars. It seems redundant. I am not sure if anyone else had that issue but I certainly noticed it.

3: I looked in the options to create a forum nickname and no such options exist(This may be a mistake after all. Years have passed so it might be nothing).

If I happen on to anything else I'll post again.

1. I am using firefox, chrome and opera and Tera forums loads easily on all 3 with pop-up blocker on, firewall, anti-vrius... maybe check those?

2. I created my name by clicking the blue button at the top right hand corner next to "signout", if you haven't created your nickname for the forums it should show numbers and letters I.E. Mx85J2TY80S or something to that effect, I just made that up so might be a different length.

Also I would like to include in my own opinion when opening up the forums the "main menu/sub menu's" when clicking for topics is really hard to look at being the text is so tiny and it sort of all runs together with the tiny titles and similarity in background color running throughout. :(
  • The grey/black new avatars with races and classes symbols doesn't have High Elf symbol -_-
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    In the old version it was nice to see which topics got a new reply (OK just discovered the New tag)
    or the faded color of the topics I already read.

Something similar would be nice as we will have countless topics going on in the General Discussion without the class and server specific segments.
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭
    Also, is it possible for us to have the layout color like this?:
    aUvn4u8.jpg

Instead of plain black like this
    gg58sf9.jpg

I think it looks pretty cool :chuffed:

Sorry if its already been mentioned elsewhere ;;
  • luneruluneru ✭✭
    I don't mind the look, apart from this blinding text block... My issue is you guys took out a lot of sub forums, like class and servers. Can you at least put back the server discussions forums? I don't know why you guys put the "classes" under PVE discussions.
  • In user profile now shows when user "joined". But it shows only *time*, not show date with year. "Last active" have same issue.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayfleet wrote: »
    In user profile now shows when user "joined". But it shows only *time*, not show date with year. "Last active" have same issue.

I believe it shows a time if the join date (or last activity) took place during the current day, otherwise it will show month+day. This seems to be the case for everything.
  • Oh, that means we re-register to new forum when first time login to it :/
  • JasonLucasJasonLucas ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    It may be my screen contrast, but in Notification Preferences when I hover my mouse in one of the options, they get highlighted and I can't read it very well.
    5gJtmmN.png

When you toggle full page edit it open a big box where the commands are hard to see (I don't have sure if it is just for me).
    27KAYud.png

Also, the post box background uses the color #ffffff and the old forums uses #c9c9c9 that are less aggressive to eyes (at least for me).
    vvdoIuF.png #ffffff
    P78i2UW.png #c9c9c9
  • SedennaSedenna ✭✭
    Where is characters section?
  • I agree with most of the annoyances but one great thing is this notification tool. It tells you when someone replies to a thread you have posted in which is awesome!
  • We just posted a small update with more sedate colors and better contrast in the comment box. We are still working on getting the scrolling fixed in the comments and the fullscreen view worked out. We will continue to make small adjustments over the next few days to the forums as people find problems.