[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Civil Unrest Event not working

Comments

• JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    Mipu wrote: »
    Why not change it to Friday 3PM during the usual stream time?

Because no one is online at 3pm. There is literally a logical solution to this where the IT team works during the event.
  • and then... Tuesday no happen again, eme master troll
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    Seraphinni wrote: »
    and then... Tuesday no happen again, eme master troll

That's exactly why they're running it on Tuesday. Honestly, I would be shocked if it did work on Tuesday, after 2 failures. The whole point though is that they will be around to watch it and find out WHY it doesn't work. Then next weekend we can have our first REAL Civil Unrest.
  • Mipu wrote: »
    Why not change it to Friday 3PM during the usual stream time?

If things go wrong, they need time to troubleshoot with BHS.
  • why Tuesday at 5pm ? ....
  • LessiemLessiem ✭✭✭
    Im going to get civil, ok?: You are mocking us all, thats not even funny anymore
  • How about don't fix it, rename this "Civil Rest: Velika", and just host an RPGvG every Saturday? These kind of open competitive content only brings salt and hostility anyway.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    MONITOw wrote: »
    why Tuesday at 5pm ? ....
    So you going to run at on Tuesday at 5pm PST, WHEN NO ONE CAN BE ON? GG.
    Sephranex wrote: »
    Please god later than 5pm pst
    Fleett wrote: »
    Nice, on a Tuesday when people work. Well done. Please reconsider.
    xoBarb wrote: »
    @treeshark I understand the change to weekday(BHS & EMES incompetence) but why start it earlier?
    That whole day is terrible. Middle of the week??

The reason for this is so everyone can be in the office and at their desk without having people come in over the weekend. They're not trying to exclude anyone. Best guess is Tuesday would be the earliest to do a run since they can patch any necessary changes in the morning and then be ready to go in the evening. Should they get it working at the specified time then it'll resume it's usual schedule.
  • ratedXratedX ✭✭✭
    Just got out of work guys. How was "Civil Unrest"? :lol:
    Sadly i had a feeling this was going to happen yet again. When EME isn't in the office.
    So much for a "Hot fix" huh? Did they even test it to see if it worked?
    Don't they have private servers for this sort of thing?
    Or are they just being completely incompetent lately?

Thankfully, I was at work.
    I just feel bad for you guys who waited around for it to take place and get let down yet again.

Guess we going to have another "Event" to stock up more Materials until VM13 is released or something along those lines.
    But it will be on the weekend, So alas i won't be apart of that one either!

What can ya do.

#EMEDROPPINGTHEBALL2016

• Im curious to know if civil unrest will be a major lag fest like nexus was, and if so, if that is the problem as to why civil unrest isn't working like it should. as for compensation, I would just like to have my guild bank back lol.
  • edited October 2016
    StarSprite wrote: »
    Best guess is Tuesday would be the earliest to do a run since they can patch any necessary changes in the morning and then be ready to go in the evening. Should they get it working at the specified time then it'll resume it's usual schedule.
    Yesh, this is exactly it.

Possible patch on Tuesday morning.
    Test on Tuesday evening with live attendance by EME and BHS staff.
    If fail, BHS works on more fixes.
    Potential patch on Thursday.

The time is to increase the likelihood that it could be running back on schedule ASAP. Doing it later in the week is a bad idea for this kind of test; Tuesday evening is probably the soonest they can do it and have attendance from BHS (since it'd be early-morning in Korea).
  • I guess my only question is this:

After last week's failure of the event launching, why did you not have someone there capable of manually launching the event? Honestly if that had been done, people would have been happy and then you could dedicate tuesday as you are doing now to troubleshooting and get it up for next week. In all honesty, the reason people are angry is really the lack of radio silence and such. After waiting around in game for a good hour, grouping up before hand and whatnot and the event still not triggering, it seems like you'd have the insight to make preparations to manually launch the event.

That's just my thoughts on the matter though. Regardless, thank you for the update. This however really shatters my faith in the game anymore.
  • ratedXratedX ✭✭✭
    Im curious to know if civil unrest will be a major lag fest like nexus was, and if so, if that is the problem as to why civil unrest isn't working like it should. as for compensation, I would just like to have my guild bank back lol.

Forcing you to "Level" a Guild to 30 to use tabs that have been accessible since the start of the game!
    Was one of the dumbest ideas i have seen. But yet, It was implemented into the game...
  • that is tera cute, I see the effort to make us enjoy the game as it should think we deserve a good explanation to the topic. Thank you.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Kinohki wrote: »
    why did you not have someone there capable of manually launching the event?
    This is based off past experiences with server events and EmE might have a different response now.

Back during nexus and other events that happen weekly we would have days when they didn't spawn when they were suppose to. Like now the player based was outraged and questioned why they couldn't just turn nexus on. The response given was there wasn't a way to simply turn the event on.

It's possible that it's the same issue now. They programmed the event to start at the specified time and turned the servers on. All week everything is good, works on test server. Saturday night comes around and suddenly it's not launching as it should. So best guess is something is preventing it from starting up and just flipping a switch to make it work doesn't seem likely, unfortunately. Starting it up on command doesn't seem possible or likely if you consider they need a few days to do a test run on the live servers. :c