[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

Let's talk about what we want to see done in response to this.

Comments

• VysseVysse ✭✭✭
    MeowForMe wrote: »
    They honestly should just ask the playerbase for help like most other major games do through test realms. Could just ask manifest and solunar to help them test it for 15 minutes.

My guess is that they're concerned with how it will effect what people know in advance. For example knowing just the spot to use for success in the Civil Unrest area.
  • I mean since this is a rehash from ktera and we have Korean players in some of the pvp guilds who played in it, i think that cats already out of the bag. That and well the bigger guilds have been pretending civil unrest has been working for 2 weeks now by mock attacking each others bases to have fun regardless of whether the event goes live.
  • Vysse wrote: »
    They honestly should just ask the playerbase for help like most other major games do through test realms. Could just ask manifest and solunar to help them test it for 15 minutes.

My guess is that they're concerned with how it will effect what people know in advance. For example knowing just the spot to use for success in the Civil Unrest area.

I think it's probably just that it's a pain to set up. I remember one of their IT guys talking on the forum a little while ago about how they were trying to make some architectural changes (virtualization support) that would allow them both to better deal with events like triple-drop and also allow the possibility for a player test world. Right now, when they set up the tournament server, it was a physical server that had to be configured manually.

That being said, even this isn't really a sure thing. From what they said it was working in their tests, so it's possible it might have worked on the test realm but still failed on the live servers. Still, it's better than nothing.
  • VysseVysse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Vysse wrote: »

I think it's probably just that it's a pain to set up. I remember one of their IT guys talking on the forum a little while ago about how they were trying to make some architectural changes (virtualization support) that would allow them both to better deal with events like triple-drop and also allow the possibility for a player test world. Right now, when they set up the tournament server, it was a physical server that had to be configured manually.

That being said, even this isn't really a sure thing. From what they said it was working in their tests, so it's possible it might have worked on the test realm but still failed on the live servers. Still, it's better than nothing.

I think spacecats mentioned that they did something with the servers recently...lemme see if I can find that post.

Edit: Here it is.
    Spacecats wrote: »
    On the tech side of things, we actually had a bit of an upgrade earlier in the year, though to many players it was probably hard to tell (it didn't need a special maintenance).
  • At the end of the day what i really want more than anything is for this to be a lesson to En Masse. So that events and communication in the future will be more two way. Its becoming more and more clear that En Masse is out of touch with their average player. I dont need any compensation other than change.
  • MeowForMe wrote: »

Yes, ignore all other servers, guilds and players and ask for the guild that uses script to exploit the Rally quest, and the other guild made mostly of the said cheater guild's ex members.
  • compensation......give us our guild banks back. or like someone else suggested, give us a free flying dragon mount, it doesn't even have to have any passives or the extra speed or flight duration. maybe free 30 day elite?
  • For testing purposes who cares?
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, and the way i see it, people just keep asking for compensations for the downtimes and the dragons. Reality is different. We gonna see the same people who are complaining right now, complaining later on, even with all of the compensations. We all would like a double drop weekend, or mongos, or whatever to compensate for this, but after all thats done, whats next? to keep complaining about more stuff? You just cannot please those persons, and you know who i am talking about if you are one of those who been complaining non stop for the past few days.

My suggestion to you is, go outside, get some fresh air, and come again with clear thoughts, not clouded by your rage or selfishness.

• Zoknahal wrote: »
    To be honest, and the way i see it, people just keep asking for compensations for the downtimes and the dragons. Reality is different. We gonna see the same people who are complaining right now, complaining later on, even with all of the compensations. We all would like a double drop weekend, or mongos, or whatever to compensate for this, but after all thats done, whats next? to keep complaining about more stuff? You just cannot please those persons, and you know who i am talking about if you are one of those who been complaining non stop for the past few days.

My suggestion to you is, go outside, get some fresh air, and come again with clear thoughts, not clouded by your rage or selfishness.

I would just like to have what we used to have before it got taken away from us...and that's the guild bank tabs. I could care less about double drops, quad drops or mongos. just what we had. but you are right though. no matter what compensation they give us, people will still complain about something , be it , " they broke the economy with the X amount drop or mongo ", or " I cant play during X o'clock ". I only want what we had to begin with before all these removals.
  • IF they are going to give compensation then it needs to be to everyone. Giving increased rewards during Civil Unrest doesn't help 90% of the people that have shown up to it both weeks. Manifest/Comfy/Amaterasu/Divine/Desync these are some of the biggest and strongest guilds on their respective servers, and these are the guilds that are going to benefit in Civil Unrest unless some lucky outside lands a miracle steal from 100m away.. double CU rewards only benefits these guilds, who honestly don't need the gear from bams in the first place most likely.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Fallsmyer wrote: »
    IF they are going to give compensation then it needs to be to everyone. Giving increased rewards during Civil Unrest doesn't help 90% of the people that have shown up to it both weeks. Manifest/Comfy/Amaterasu/Divine/Desync these are some of the biggest and strongest guilds on their respective servers, and these are the guilds that are going to benefit in Civil Unrest unless some lucky outside lands a miracle steal from 100m away.. double CU rewards only benefits these guilds, who honestly don't need the gear from bams in the first place most likely.
    Do you have something else in mind? Some people have suggested not being compensated and others have brought up different ideas. o:
  • Personally my answer is everything in the post myself and the other big guilds made earlier and a working CU event come next weekend (with communication going forward about problems and solutions). I think most people are of the opinion compensation events come off badly especially now that its been 2 weeks of issues in a row and a double drop event would insult everyone but wolfie it would seem.
  • The only compensation most of us want is a working game. I don't want p2w mounts, I don't want quadruple drop, kyra pop-up potion shop, I want a working game for what little content we get. It is pure mismanagement that this happened again. What we had last week was a huge issue, between the lack of response and communication and the failure of the start of the center-piece of a content patch. Now knowing this they didn't even have someone watching in game to be sure it was working this week, didn't even seem to notice for at least and hour. I work on software development for some experimental systems at a lab and we would never ever not have someone there to debug and fix any issues on the first run of a large code release, much less no one after the a previous failure. I am just baffled by how they could let this happen.

Anyway, I agree with many others, I don't want drop events or any of the other stuff I want a publisher that can at least competently provide what little content is actually released. If there is any sort of event it should take careful notice of the economy, preferably something like, lets say an event where you can grind to get a non-tradeable exclusive costume item or title.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Derpybowl wrote: »
    Jenieve wrote: »
    They should scrap the double drop event, it's basically useless. Not many people want it as it will break the economy even more than it is and the majority of players are tired of the current content and are not in need of more resources.

What they should do is give us the illusion of the conflict. Simply put they should go spawn the 6 bams, in the conflict zone, in 2 set times (with notice in advance - I'll get to this in a min). This way we get the pvp we didn't get for conflict and we get the loot, while not adversely affecting economy as it would have been the same effect had it gone off as planned.

Communication. EME needs to get on this. Announcements need to be put out in advance of a change or event, not just 24 hours or 10 hours or 2 hours before it happens. Let people plan. I do not see how hard it is to plan events prior to a situation and communicate that effectively. There is no one place to find information. some of its on stream, son reddit, it might be on the forums, maybe its a GM passing someone by in Velika its a literal joke atm. No one (players) has any idea whats going on until its halfway through or you were lucky enough to log on to replenish you daily power buff.

If EME wants to use all three or more media communication devices then @Spacecats you need to update ALL of the platforms. That means on stream, on the forums and on reddit. At a MINIMUM. On top of that really it should be on the calendar (is that not what it is for?) and newsletters etc.

If you cant destroy the other guilds towers then there is nothing stopping anyone from putting all their towers in the center of the map so they can [filtered] their way to the bam kills. The whole point is the balance between getting the bams and keeping your tower alive.

A GM would be spawning them so tower drops wouldnt necessarily be an issue. Also a GM could have a script to simply remove them. As well if they are not activated then it does not matter. All it would do is split some damage.