[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

An Open Letter to the En Masse Staff

1235711

Comments

  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Hey I just want to pop in here and say I've read everything posted in this thread so far. It's a lot to consider, but I'm glad that you guys came together to write such a comprehensive letter regarding the update and recent communication.

    Please keep posting feedback as it pertains to the letter. Obviously after tonight, with CU:V not launching a second time, a lot of people are talking about that. Please keep the other aspects of the letter in mind as well.

    As you eluded to, MeowForMe, some of these things can't be helped by En Masse. A couple of them can. For example, Power Hours are something we can control. We can pass feedback to Bluehole regarding the Rally timers, loot, and chances for small guilds to participate, but we can't change that ourselves. Dragons, as you know, already have a thread going and I'm afraid there's nothing new to post on that topic for now.

    Mongos are a topic I can definitely address, and I'll be as transparent as I can here. I'm the one who designed and operated that event. Overall, I'd like to think Neon was a success and brought a lot of players together for hunting tiny Mongos as well as Legendaries. It was very cool to see people forming raids, making new friends, and even forming new guilds because of the event. As a Community Manager I really loved that <3

    The rewards for the event were too high, though. I know a bunch of players will cringe when they read that, but it's true! After the first Mongo event, there were a lot of complaints about the Mongos being too hard to find, rewards being disappointing, and overall a "waste" of an event. I know not everyone shared that sentiment, and a lot of you thought it was a cool concept, but I felt there was enough feedback that something had to be done for Neon to prevent it from disappointing those players.

    That meant a few main things - 1) Making Mongos easier to find, especially the common ones, 2) Eliminating disappointing loot like Fashion Coupons, 3) Adding rewards for parties that hunted Mongos together.

    That 3rd aspect is very tricky, and was the main contributor in landing certain players piles of loot in a short period of time. It resulted in a surplus of enchanting materials, Noble Moons, Chilly Clouds, and innerwear (inners were rebalanced after about the first hour or two, but as we all know a ton of those had already dropped). Some players really loved the loot, and others hated it. Some players likely logged into multiple accounts and formed parties with themselves. Those with only a handful of hours to play TERA per night (what I would consider an average player) were pretty happy with what they were able to farm. Those with infinite hours... well. Screenshots were posted, showing piles of loot. Some players saw those, believed it was normal, and that they somehow got hosed because they couldn't farm that entire weekend. I won't keep rambling here, but suffice to say it's difficult to make an event that's worthwhile for 3-hour-per-night players (don't forget across multiple time zones!), but isn't a magical pinata for those who are able to log on multiple accounts for 48 hours straight.

    TL;DR - I agree loot was too high on Mongos. Overall loot rates will likely be lower next time as a result, but I'm confident that there are ways to make events like Mongo and Mongo Neon (as well as the invasion event I'm working on for later this month) stay really enjoyable without raining Feedstock and MWA across the land.

    Thank you for your time. Disappointing that nothing about the rally quests can be altered at current time. Moving on from that I think less mongos, bigger raid style mongos, and making them have loot that have raids in mind would be something the community would enjoy.
    Having everyone in the party receive a box that usually contains varying amounts of reward credits; which might motivate people to look to improve their reward tier to have better prizes to spend them on. Which is both good for you as a company while also being a change of pace during a dead part of the patch. This allows the players to better customize what they are getting out of the event as well. These boxes could also have a small chance at soul bound costumes for your race or class or other high end style prizes that have been used in kyras in the past.


    We also received a lot of feedback from many players in a few guilds that the blue boxes that were part of the kyras event are dearly missed and the hunting of them is something they wouldnt mind grinding again.
  • NymeriaeNymeriae
    edited October 2016
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Those with only a handful of hours to play TERA per night (what I would consider an average player) were pretty happy with what they were able to farm.

    Yeah and people like me who couldn't play on weekends (or particularly this weekend) were really happy with this event. Not a word for them, not a word about the terrible communication:
    - no news BEFORE the event started,
    - no reddit post,
    - only a stream announcement otherwise NOTHING,

    That is BAD, and it's your job to communicate those things in advance for people to be able to prepare for it, or even just know something is coming.

  • dragonmu12dragonmu12 Israel ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Hey I just want to pop in here and say I've read everything posted in this thread so far. It's a lot to consider, but I'm glad that you guys came together to write such a comprehensive letter regarding the update and recent communication.

    Please keep posting feedback as it pertains to the letter. Obviously after tonight, with CU:V not launching a second time, a lot of people are talking about that. Please keep the other aspects of the letter in mind as well.

    As you eluded to, MeowForMe, some of these things can't be helped by En Masse. A couple of them can. For example, Power Hours are something we can control. We can pass feedback to Bluehole regarding the Rally timers, loot, and chances for small guilds to participate, but we can't change that ourselves. Dragons, as you know, already have a thread going and I'm afraid there's nothing new to post on that topic for now.

    Mongos are a topic I can definitely address, and I'll be as transparent as I can here. I'm the one who designed and operated that event. Overall, I'd like to think Neon was a success and brought a lot of players together for hunting tiny Mongos as well as Legendaries. It was very cool to see people forming raids, making new friends, and even forming new guilds because of the event. As a Community Manager I really loved that <3

    The rewards for the event were too high, though. I know a bunch of players will cringe when they read that, but it's true! After the first Mongo event, there were a lot of complaints about the Mongos being too hard to find, rewards being disappointing, and overall a "waste" of an event. I know not everyone shared that sentiment, and a lot of you thought it was a cool concept, but I felt there was enough feedback that something had to be done for Neon to prevent it from disappointing those players.

    That meant a few main things - 1) Making Mongos easier to find, especially the common ones, 2) Eliminating disappointing loot like Fashion Coupons, 3) Adding rewards for parties that hunted Mongos together.

    That 3rd aspect is very tricky, and was the main contributor in landing certain players piles of loot in a short period of time. It resulted in a surplus of enchanting materials, Noble Moons, Chilly Clouds, and innerwear (inners were rebalanced after about the first hour or two, but as we all know a ton of those had already dropped). Some players really loved the loot, and others hated it. Some players likely logged into multiple accounts and formed parties with themselves. Those with only a handful of hours to play TERA per night (what I would consider an average player) were pretty happy with what they were able to farm. Those with infinite hours... well. Screenshots were posted, showing piles of loot. Some players saw those, believed it was normal, and that they somehow got hosed because they couldn't farm that entire weekend. I won't keep rambling here, but suffice to say it's difficult to make an event that's worthwhile for 3-hour-per-night players (don't forget across multiple time zones!), but isn't a magical pinata for those who are able to log on multiple accounts for 48 hours straight.

    TL;DR - I agree loot was too high on Mongos. Overall loot rates will likely be lower next time as a result, but I'm confident that there are ways to make events like Mongo and Mongo Neon (as well as the invasion event I'm working on for later this month) stay really enjoyable without raining Feedstock and MWA across the land.

    nice that you read it all ,about events yea the drops of neon mongos was way high WAY HIGH,the 2 events that was breaking game event was:
    Blue Boxes,Neon Mongos.
    you can easilly make it worth doing them without making the rewards so high.
    example of blue boxes:give 5 kyra and not 15.
    example of neon mongos:not in raid or party and make the mongos harder to find and not easilly only on spring valley like so we can find mongo every 1 sec and rares too like every 1 minutes or so and of course less loot.
  • MarkDRxMarkDRx ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    mayfl0werr wrote: »
    so you all big guilds agreed that if they dont fix it or do something in 1 week you guys are going to disband and move to another game all togheter. man thats scary for eme XD

    Noone has threatened to quit the game. Every single guild on that list and the players in those guilds love TERA and don't want to be forced to quit it. We've put a lot of time into it, made friends, enjoyed conquering content together, and seen TERA evolve for years. I know a lot of players who played before F2P, I know a lot of players who played in Beta, and I know for sure that they enjoy the game enough to STILL be playing it now. Even after all the problems we've faced in the past we are still here. More and more problems are arising and we can't be silent anymore under the premise it will magically be fixed. I don't want to quit this game because I find it much more enjoyable than every other MMO out there, but hey maybe TERA doesn't have the ability to survive anymore outside of Korea where players have a direct line to the game's developers.
  • I play Tera since beta I love this game for what it is but it really is changing too much especially with the current changes I feel like it lost track of what shall be done to make it alive again.This wall of text expresses all of my concerns and beliefs about the game which is why is the only time I really wish for enmasse to considerate this thread and think everything through again about the current situation of the game.Some people were always making threads complaining about stuff that were wrong in the past while some other were completely passive and let everything slide as it was.I was always one of those people to not care about what should be done or not cause I liked this game too much so I was like whatever.But this time seeing people and guilds do a shout out and suggesting ideas together is something I haven't seen in this game before.Enmasse I am sure what you doing isn't wrong but if you somerimes can't figure it out and you are in a corner which you start questioning about what should be done this is why the community is here to help you and suggest ideas.Players are not only here to play the game but to offer their thoughts and beliefs on it. I would never doubt enmasse since they are doing an amazing job all those years but I would really like this whole thread of ideas and concerns of players not get ignored
  • mayfl0werr wrote: »
    so you all big guilds agreed that if they dont fix it or do something in 1 week you guys are going to disband and move to another game all togheter. man thats scary for eme XD

    Yeah the plan isnt to quit quite yet, not would i expect this group to play out like a [filtered] pact. The goal is to show En Masse that a large part of their active player base agrees about their worries with the direction the game is headed.
  • @CobaltDragon @Spacecats Keep pushing Blue Hole Studios to give us a game that can actually perform as well as our computers our able to..please this is what everyone wants and has ever wanted. I couldn't care less about all the dragon and cosmetic stuff, I just want a playable game where I'm not seeing gray characters running around while trying to pvp with my raid. I don't like using an area of effect skill on a group of people and not doing damage due to them being grey or desync.
  • You said most stuff I was trying to say in a proper English and language, I needs more education :( lol

    Anyway, thank you for the great post, great points, I follow this, and if I don't see any response and reasonable changes on this thread from any GMs, EME staff I double think of playing Tera.
  • You said most stuff I was trying to say in a proper English and language, I needs more education :( lol

    Anyway, thank you for the great post, great points, I follow this, and if I don't see any response and reasonable changes on this thread from any GMs, EME staff I double think of playing Tera.

    I am by the way Alex.Bellatrix from CH, I am alone running my guild with my many alts, been active like hell for the passed couple of months.
  • NanaseNanase
    edited October 2016
    EME has almost no control over any of the points you listed besides Mongos and adjusting power hours; frankly if you don't like the direction the game is going, you should vote with your wallet and stop paying for elite. Your post also doesn't address any of the core design problems with the game, such as optimization, content removal, class balancing, or pay to win. All of these are only things Bluehole Studios can address, and BHS doesn't care about your opinion. I also find it in poor taste that you included signatures of GMs who never even agreed to sign your letter.

    Also, if you have problems with how events are scheduled as a European player, you should probably be playing in Europe and not on North American servers. If you don't like that, you should be complaining to Gameforge about how they run their side of things, because honestly for what EME is capable of, they're doing a fine job already.
  • Even events like Mongos are great if the loot is personal. I'd grind all weekend for Personal Premium Alks and items like that.
  • Nanase wrote: »
    EME has almost no control over any of the points you listed besides Mongos and adjusting power hours; frankly if you don't like the direction the game is going, you should vote with your wallet and stop paying for elite. Your post also doesn't address any of the core design problems with the game, such as optimization, content removal, class balancing, or pay to win. All of these are only things Bluehole Studios can address, and BHS doesn't care about your opinion. I also find it in poor taste that you included signatures of GMs who never even agreed to sign your letter.

    Also, if you have problems with how events are scheduled as a European player, you should probably be playing in Europe and not on North American servers. If you don't like that, you should be complaining to Gameforge about how they run their side of things, because honestly for what EME is capable of, they're doing a fine job already.


    I dont pay for elite and i am a NA player. But like the rest of your post its easier to assume. 1 of the signatures that was originally listed was a mistake and its been fixed. I say mistake but it was more that someone thought they were being funny by signing for someone who wasnt on at the time.

    You attack for addressing things that can't be changed while saying we should have added stuff like content removal which is also not in En Masse's ability to change.

    But i guess its always easier to be dismissive and rude than be helpful.
  • I agree with a lot of points brought by this post but small guilds as still forgotten. Rally monsters can never be killed by a 1 person so it is big loss for someone like me. missing out is the new experience tera is giving me. the guild quests are a mess, gathering quests are insane and hard mode dungeons are unthinkable. give me something damn it. i'm tired of posting this with no response and i know no one cares about small guilds but this is my life now and it's "limited"
  • thinkingemoji
Sign In or Register to comment.