[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

An Open Letter to the En Masse Staff

Comments

• TheDarkWan wrote: »
    I agree with a lot of points brought by this post but small guilds as still forgotten. Rally monsters can never be killed by a 1 person so it is big loss for someone like me. missing out is the new experience tera is giving me. the guild quests are a mess, gathering quests are insane and hard mode dungeons are unthinkable. give me something [filtered] it. i'm tired of posting this with no response and i know no one cares about small guilds but this is my life now and it's "limited"

Well we tried to be fair to smaller guilds when thinking about perspective changes to the rally quest. But sadly as its been made away the guild quests cant be altered in any way the the En Masse staff.
  • Are you kidding guys??! I love sitting at the computer at 5 in the morning for this! https://puu.sh/rv5Qe.webm
  • Thats super depressing to watch
  • Can't beat the macros.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/list]
    LL73TTKKA9 wrote: »
    all these literal who's signing don't giive any more importance to this thread =)
    next time get people who actually matter :p:p

The GMs of the biggest MT guilds don't matter? People who represent hundreds of players are "literal who's"? Then who does?
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    [/list]
    all these literal who's signing don't giive any more importance to this thread =)

The GMs of the biggest MT guilds don't matter? People who represent hundreds of players are "literal who's"? Then who does?

No, they don't matter. Why does being a GM make you more important than any other single player in the game? They don't represent anyone but themselves and perhaps the outlook of their guild but not the opinions of their membership.

Who does? The players themselves. I'd be more impressed if those hundreds of represented players actually responded to this thread. That would also be a way to definitely get EME's attention and take the OP seriously. But right now, all that is seen are a few dozen names out of how many thousands of players? The dragon thread got more traction than this one in the first 24 hours, and that is a more telling example to EME about how little people care compared to another hot topic.
    Draqsko wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    [/list]

No, they don't matter. Why does being a GM make you more important than any other single player in the game? They don't represent anyone but themselves and perhaps the outlook of their guild but not the opinions of their membership.

Who does? The players themselves. I'd be more impressed if those hundreds of represented players actually responded to this thread. That would also be a way to definitely get EME's attention and take the OP seriously. But right now, all that is seen are a few dozen names out of how many thousands of players? The dragon thread got more traction than this one in the first 24 hours, and that is a more telling example to EME about how little people care compared to another hot topic.

You must be in a beepy guild with a terrible GM then...
  • TWMagimay wrote: »

The player council.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    The player council? You mean the player council who half of them don't even play?

And how do you expect thousands of people to respond to this thread. Only a handful of people even visit the forum.
  • VortexesVortexes ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Tewii wrote: »
    The player council? You mean the player council who half of them don't even play?

Maybe. Did u guys reach out to at least one of them? Like, at least one of them?
    Or are u implying that the council is defunct?

What's happening??
    O.o
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Vortexes wrote: »

Maybe. Did u guys reach out to at least one of them? Like, at least one of them?

What's happening??
    O.o

If player council are 'working', they should've prevent this dragon passive buff.
    And not only if you know what I mean.
    But put that aside and not get off-track from main topic.
  • AvelynnAvelynn
    edited October 2016
    Honestly I'm a little shocked to hear of the state of the game at the moment. I've been away from it for a while due to the current content having become stale for me.

Player retention currently hinges heavily on how this patch's "content" (sorry to be a bit cynical with this, none of the current patch features benefit me) is handled, yet it seems like they are lacking a bit of urgency with all these issues. Content is essentially the same as last patch minus Dreadspire, I would have thought that they would've ensured that Civil Unrest went off without a hitch.

I second the notion that any future mongos event should be more like the example mentioned, where it's more centered around hunting as a group for periodically spawning "Legendary" mongos. This is an MMO, direct interaction is always more desirable compared to being in a 20 man raid wordlessly tagging things. Another event I would have liked to see was BAM spawning with the reward Dracoloths at the end for (exclusive) dyads. I enjoyed those, however with many people having a surplus of Smart Dyads, I'm not sure how successful something like that would be again.
    Vortexes wrote: »

What's happening??
    O.o

Who do those guys on the player council represent? Who chose them? Cause it wasn't the community. While GMs are, at least to a certain degree, picked by players. In order to become a guild leader, you need at least a few people who think you'd be good at it and a bunch of others who don't mind being your underlings. How does one become a member of the player council? Submit application...something, something, something...magic? The one guy that practically the entire forum community voted for doesn't seem to be on the player council.
  • thekor wrote: »
    " hello blizzard yes there's a dumb [filtered] spamming trade! You'l actually do something about it? Really? TY For actually giving a [filtered]!".

I'll be the first one to slam Blizzard for their game design decisions being an ex-WoW player, but I like how you mentioned this heh. I wonder if EME sees the kinds of messages that get spammed on Mount Tyrannas global daily? Even as a player I feel kind of embarassed for them - that new players would get on TERA and see that stuff being posted for hours on end. Guess they appreciate "muscle ducks"?