[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

An Open Letter to the En Masse Staff

Comments

• JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    [/list]
    LL73TTKKA9 wrote: »
    all these literal who's signing don't giive any more importance to this thread =)
    next time get people who actually matter :p:p

The GMs of the biggest MT guilds don't matter? People who represent hundreds of players are "literal who's"? Then who does?

If TR GMs could sign that list too among other servers we would have about 50% of the player base telling EME how dumb this patch actually is. And we all saw it coming. I literally groaned and face palmed while watching the vod from stream for patch. Absolutely ridiculous that dev's have no idea how mmos work.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    The player council was doomed the moment they:
    A. had to mod forums
    B. Became popularity contest voted in via forums - which players rarely visit and predominately visit when bored crazy, upset, or looking for specific information.

They SHOULD have gone to the primary guilds of each server and interviewed top issues.
  • ratedXratedX ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    The player council is a joke.
    I don't even know who's in it and honestly? I could care less
    Just a bunch of non-factors like the rest of us, with a icon next to their name.
    They don't affect me, or the game i play. They just play it.
    The day i have to start worrying when player's make decisions, is the day I'm finding another game.
    All we "The players" can do is suggest ideas and report issues. That's about it.
    And pray the "Staff" @ EME who represent BHS in NA (who get paid btw) look into them.
    And hopefully, just hopefully some changes are implemented and bugs are fixed.
  • RedRamii wrote: »
    Player council was made. I don't think they've gotten past that step yet.
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Who do those guys on the player council represent? Who chose them? Cause it wasn't the community.
    Deluso wrote: »
    If player council are 'working', they should've prevent this dragon passive buff.
    And not only if you know what I mean.
    But put that aside and not get off-track from main topic.
    thekor wrote: »
    Know the player council is not the reason for this. They do not have the power to prevent enmass from implementing things into the game.
    ratedX wrote: »
    Just a bunch of non-factors like the rest of us, with a icon next to their name. They don't affect me, or the game i play. They just play it.
    thekor wrote: »
    one council member told me old me they were the ones to get the idea of Tera mongo approved by enmass and BHS.

This community just shot itself in the foot, in the crotch, and all over the place.
    I remember someone made a wall of text about how this community is toxic and contradictory in nature.
    U wanted healthy communication between playerbase and EME, but did u reach out to one of the player council member?
    Whatever. I'm done here. Now I know why the silent majority doesn't come here.
    Nicely written open letter, by the way.

I would like to apologize to all player council members if this have cause people to blame the player council. It was not my intention.
    A thousand apology.
    o:)
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vortexes wrote: »
    U wanted healthy communication between playerbase and EME, but did u reach out to one of the player council member?

How do you reach out to somebody when you have no idea who they are?
  • There's some good points in here but as it's been said, a guild masters own personal opinions do not always go hand in hand with their guild member's opinions. You should maybe instead do a poll on which part of these changes players agree with and post the link to the poll in your original post to make it less biased.
  • edited October 2016
    For what it's worth, the Player Council brought up the issues with the dragon mounts, their buffs, and the importance of having in-game distro as soon as they were revealed. That's at least part of the reason it was clear there needed to be an in-game distro method in the first place. If you think BHS was going to listen to anyone about not having the buffs in the first place, you're delusional. BHS wouldn't even listen to EME to allow the in-game distro method they proposed. In the political hierarchy of BHS, the players are at the bottom. All the Player Council can do is collect and reflect their thoughts.

Jenieve wrote: »
    A. had to mod forums
    B. Became popularity contest voted in via forums - which players rarely visit and predominately visit when bored crazy, upset, or looking for specific information.

For what it's worth, the Player Council do not moderate the forum (it was specifically instructed that we were NOT to be forum mods), and no one was "voted in" by popularity contest, just acclamation by Spacecats. The main thing the Player Council does is relay feedback about problems and concerns, and you can rest assured that all the issues people are complaining about on the forum now were raised weeks ago. We can't make EME or BHS listen.

(In fact, the Player Council even brought forward this specific thread and re-emphasized the key points so that EME wouldn't miss the importance due to tl;dr. But hey...)
  • Deluso wrote: »
    If player council are 'working', they should've prevent this dragon passive buff.

That's not a reasonable thing to ask from the Player Council. They don't have the ability to predict things like game bugs any more than the average TERA player does. The purpose of the Player Council is to encourage and promote healthy player feedback and events, and that largely starts in these forums. They're not scapegoats, and saying things like "this could have been prevented by the council" is no more fair than claiming you could have prevented a bug yourself, Deluso.
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    Evyerone who has spent more than a few months in an mmo could see the massive problem associated with adding P2W buffs to a mount.
  • SpacecatsSpacecats admin
    edited October 2016
    A. had to mod forums

They SHOULD have gone to the primary guilds of each server and interviewed top issues.

A. They don't.
    B. They weren't voted in. They were selected by En Masse.

Some of the Player Council members are guild leaders. Some aren't. There are many guilds out there who did not apply to be in the Player Council, and that lack on interest/involvement alone is a hint that they shouldn't be on it. We can't just randomly pass responsibility to people who don't ask for it. This isn't corsair's stronghold.

The willingness of players to communicate their concerns directly to Player Council members is a choice made by players. A Player Council member shouldn't have to be in your guild in order to be involved in your guild's feedback, and it's not fair to other players to expect larger guilds to hold sway over smaller ones and how they give feedback about the game.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Deluso wrote: »

That's not a reasonable thing to ask from the Player Council. They don't have the ability to predict things like game bugs any more than the average TERA player does. The purpose of the Player Council is to encourage and promote healthy player feedback and events, and that largely starts in these forums. They're not scapegoats, and saying things like "this could have been prevented by the council" is no more fair than claiming you could have prevented a bug yourself, Deluso.

when has player feedback ever been taken seriously, and i mean even quality written posts etc? event after event has been broken, update after update broken as well, the dragon issue was posted weeks before its release and all treeshark said is it was a legit concern but the feedback was never acted upon. nothing anyone has ever raised has ever been considered or acted upon, so why continue to post and provide feedback or even trust the company?
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    A. had to mod forums

A. They don't.
    B. They weren't voted in. They were selected by En Masse.

Some of the Player Council members are guild leaders. Some aren't. There are many guilds out there who did not apply to be in the Player Council, and that lack on interest/involvement alone is a hint that they shouldn't be on it. We can't just randomly pass responsibility to people who don't ask for it. This isn't corsair's stronghold.

The willingness of players to communicate their concerns directly to Player Council members is a choice made by players. A Player Council member shouldn't have to be in your guild in order to be involved in your guild's feedback, and it's not fair to other players to expect larger guilds to hold sway over smaller ones and how they give feedback about the game.

also i would like to add there are pc members that dont even play the game anymore, they only log for events, some you can even look at their posts and tell they just reply to sensational topics to see whats up in the game, i was even told by one of them in fwc because i was playing a slayer you are irrelevant go die somewhere while we heal the reapers in the team, so yea this is the attitude of the council, others i can agree earned their selection, while it just seems the rest either have high cash input to the game or just seem to be popular, but neither of those equate a good player or a good pc member/mod.
  • sanj66 wrote: »
    when has player feedback ever been taken seriously, and i mean even quality written posts etc? event after event has been broken, update after update broken as well, the dragon issue was posted weeks before its release and all treeshark said is it was a legit concern but the feedback was never acted upon. nothing anyone has ever raised has ever been considered or acted upon, so why continue to post and provide feedback or even trust the company?

Feedback was given on our part, taken by players, but ultimately wasn't implemented in the game. It's much easier to digest and take action on well constructed feedback, but unfortunately that doesn't guarantee it will result in game changes. Planning content for TERA takes a ton of resources, and it's up to team leads and developer leads to determine how much can be done in a period of time. More TERA content is being developed as we speak. If it weren't, new content would take a lot longer.

Saying that, I realize you're totally frustrated here - you feel like all the events are broken, all the updates are broken, all the everything is broken, and nothing gets fixed even after players tell us and Bluehole to fix it. Realistically I think you'll agree that isn't really true, but during weeks like these when more than one thing has gone awry it's easy to feel that way. We're doing our best to make sure things are resolved as quickly as possible.

One goal for us here at En Masse to recognize problems further in advance. There are times like this when we should communicate potential problems in advance, but that's tough to do especially when we think things have been solved on our end. If we'd said Friday night that "hey, we think Civil Unrest: Velika will fire, but it might not!" I'm not sure it would have lessened the sting very much. At least players would be more in the loop, though. I don't want to sidetrack this thread with pure talk of CU:V firing, but we'll have more to say about the event soon in a fresh post. Treeshark is working to get some answers from Bluehole before we try the event again on live servers and we'll try to remain as open as possible about it.
  • I feel like this is getting more into the who is the blame area. I don't want to blame anyone nor do i think spending energy to do it is useful.

I want to see change and moving past all this. This post would have been so much easier to write if its intention was to just place blame. The point was to bring up problems we think are fixable and propose solutions if we have any. The player council and En Masse staff get enough directionless blame without having to bring it into this thread as well.

Of note i think what bothers people though about the player council is that you have to tell us what you did in the past. We should already know what you proposed and what came of it. It should be a representation of the players as a whole's view on issues and along with that we should know the feedback you received from En Masse or Bluehole. As the player council you should be talking to the public in that case. Right now the public is in the dark.
  • MeowForMe wrote: »
    Of note i think what bothers people though about the player council is that you have to tell us what you did in the past. We should already know what you proposed and what came of it. It should be a representation of the players as a whole's view on issues and along with that we should know the feedback you received from En Masse or Bluehole. As the player council you should be talking to the public in that case. Right now the public is in the dark.
    It's because the Player Council forum is private, and we're not allowed to share posts from that section. But maybe we could make a thread that simply lists the issues the Player Council is aware of from player feedback and raised to EME. What EME decides to do about it should be apparent in the results (or lack thereof)...