[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

An Open Letter to the En Masse Staff

Comments

• Spacecats wrote: »
    A. They don't.
    B. They weren't voted in. They were selected by En Masse.

Some of the Player Council members are guild leaders. Some aren't. There are many guilds out there who did not apply to be in the Player Council, and that lack on interest/involvement alone is a hint that they shouldn't be on it. We can't just randomly pass responsibility to people who don't ask for it. This isn't corsair's stronghold.

The willingness of players to communicate their concerns directly to Player Council members is a choice made by players. A Player Council member shouldn't have to be in your guild in order to be involved in your guild's feedback, and it's not fair to other players to expect larger guilds to hold sway over smaller ones and how they give feedback about the game.

Well to be completely honest most people i know only heard about the player council applications after the council was already announced. "lack on interest/involvement alone is a hint that they shouldn't be on it" is a good way to sum up our Countries current political issues though wouldn't you say.
    For a majority of my time playing this game the forums have been an absolute ces pool and trying to communicate anything of value on them is difficult enough that many large guilds created their own forums or discords that were open for more civil discussion about the game. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the players were picked based on forum posts in the past which meant that applying after you heard about it would be completely useless anyway even if you hoped to join because you had no track record. So all the players who werent part of the forums in the past for fairly legitimate reasons had no chance in winning a spot.

I'm not here to attack the council or name drop but lets not pretend you picked voices of the community. With a few noticeable exceptions that both know who they are and know they do a good job the rest are either afk, playing bns or ow, or (in 2 players case) literally some of the least pleasant people who play this game. (One of which is banned from at least 8 teamspeaks that i know of, a few discords, and on most players block list on MT for lying, stealing from guild banks, starting false drama, racist tirades, and threatening players)

So if anything id go the opposite direction; i think the act of applying for a position on the player council is a hint to ones lack of reason to be on it.

To each their own. I still think they do a good job but as a community manager you shouldn't be down playing the merit of people who didn't apply for the possition.
  • MeowForMe wrote: »
    Of note i think what bothers people though about the player council is that you have to tell us what you did in the past. We should already know what you proposed and what came of it. It should be a representation of the players as a whole's view on issues and along with that we should know the feedback you received from En Masse or Bluehole. As the player council you should be talking to the public in that case. Right now the public is in the dark.
    It's because the Player Council forum is private, and we're not allowed to share posts from that section. But maybe we could make a thread that simply lists the issues the Player Council is aware of from player feedback and raised to EME. What EME decides to do about it should be apparent in the results (or lack thereof)...

Yeah not blaming you. I am fully aware from talking to those on the council what your limitations are which is why no where in the post do i blame you for the lack of feedback. It would be nice if there was some dialogue though. Polling or asking the communities thoughts so you could better represent us would go a long way. If anything im upset that En Masse doesn't allow more transparent dialogue.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Deluso wrote: »
    Vortexes wrote: »
    Tewii wrote: »
    The player council? You mean the player council who half of them don't even play?

Maybe. Did u guys reach out to at least one of them? Like, at least one of them?
    Or are u implying that the council is defunct?

What's happening??
    O.o

If player council are 'working', they should've prevent this dragon passive buff.
    And not only if you know what I mean.
    But put that aside and not get off-track from main topic.
    Player Council has no power over content done by BHS, since not even EME does. It doesn't matter what any of us on the PC want when BHS doesn't always listen to the people selling their game to us (EME). The game belongs to BHS, and they make the important decisions while EME simply tries to wrap it up nicely and present it to us while forwarding our complaints back to them.
    The player council? You mean the player council who half of them don't even play?

Maybe. Did u guys reach out to at least one of them? Like, at least one of them?

What's happening??
    O.o

I'm not from MT, so the only time I get feedback from anyone is if they are on TR, or know me on forums. Which means, none of them brought this up to me. Either way, I had already brought up some of these issues myself, along with some others before this thread and someone else brought up this thread as well.
  • VysseVysse ✭✭✭

And how do you expect thousands of people to respond to this thread. Only a handful of people even visit the forum.

I play on a daily basis....heck I play probably more then anybody I know. Do I take breaks at times? Sure. But I don't participate in discussions unless I know what is going on with the game and have never taken breaks for extended periods of time. It is okay though I get that you guys think nothing is happening with that but we're working on a bit of transparency with it...or well I am anyways.
  • VysseVysse ✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    Deluso wrote: »

What's happening??
    O.o

If player council are 'working', they should've prevent this dragon passive buff.
    And not only if you know what I mean.
    But put that aside and not get off-track from main topic.
    Player Council has no power over content done by BHS, since not even EME does. It doesn't matter what any of us on the PC want when BHS doesn't always listen to the people selling their game to us (EME). The game belongs to BHS, and they make the important decisions while EME simply tries to wrap it up nicely and present it to us while forwarding our complaints back to them.

What's happening??
    O.o

I'm not from MT, so the only time I get feedback from anyone is if they are on TR, or know me on forums. Which means, none of them brought this up to me. Either way, I had already brought up some of these issues myself, along with some others before this thread and someone else brought up this thread as well.

Actually without giving away too much. The dragons were discussed on the PC well before they came out.
  • Tewii wrote: »

And how do you expect thousands of people to respond to this thread. Only a handful of people even visit the forum.

Continuing to read this thread it seems people of this community believe that player council members have an impact beyond posting an opinion on the private player council forums or being used as an excuse for everything wrong with tera.

til player council is a powerful new world order that's trying to make us line their banks with our gold
  • Toelot wrote: »

Continuing to read this thread it seems people of this community believe that player council members have an impact beyond posting an opinion on the private player council forums or being used as an excuse for everything wrong with tera.

til player council is a powerful new world order that's trying to make us line their banks with our gold

Would Kamizuma have it any other way? :3
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Feedback was given on our part, taken by players, but ultimately wasn't implemented in the game. It's much easier to digest and take action on well constructed feedback, but unfortunately that doesn't guarantee it will result in game changes. Planning content for TERA takes a ton of resources, and it's up to team leads and developer leads to determine how much can be done in a period of time. More TERA content is being developed as we speak. If it weren't, new content would take a lot longer.

YAGpXPdl.png

Why do I even bother...
  • MeowForMe wrote: »

I'm not here to attack the council or name drop but lets not pretend you picked voices of the community. With a few noticeable exceptions that both know who they are and know they do a good job the rest are either afk, playing bns or ow, or (in 2 players case) literally some of the least pleasant people who play this game. (One of which is banned from at least 8 teamspeaks that i know of, a few discords, and on most players block list on MT for lying, stealing from guild banks, starting false drama, racist tirades, and threatening players)

holymolymacaroni that is one heck of a call out
  • ToelotToelot
    edited October 2016
    MeowForMe wrote: »
    Well to be completely honest most people i know only heard about the player council applications after the council was already announced. "lack on interest/involvement alone is a hint that they shouldn't be on it" is a good way to sum up our Countries current political issues though wouldn't you say.
    For a majority of my time playing this game the forums have been an absolute ces pool and trying to communicate anything of value on them is difficult enough that many large guilds created their own forums or discords that were open for more civil discussion about the game. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the players were picked based on forum posts in the past which meant that applying after you heard about it would be completely useless anyway even if you hoped to join because you had no track record. So all the players who werent part of the forums in the past for fairly legitimate reasons had no chance in winning a spot.

So if anything id go the opposite direction; i think the act of applying for a position on the player council is a hint to ones lack of reason to be on it.

To each their own. I still think they do a good job but as a community manager you shouldn't be down playing the merit of people who didn't apply for the possition.

I have no grudges against people but I shall not name them and point out their flaws or attempt to put them in a negative light in an off topic manner. Lets pretend person A used spellcheck in the paragraphs, I have no gripe with this person but I just think its really annoying they do not spell check before posting on the forums. Lets go to person B, he also seems to be calling out a certain guild in this forum for damage control for something that was not completely proof-read and finalized before copying and pasting.

I still think they do a good job trying to spread a genuine message but they should improve on their errors for the next post on the forums, if it was this important to them and the community! :)

Oh yeah I forgot to add I think discriminating against Yellow and Black guild icons is quite racist and you should stop!
  • MagraalMagraal ✭✭✭
    Toelot wrote: »

Actually, yes, he would. Kamizuma is the most vocal of any person in the game calling for there to be more active gold sinks, using his own wealth as a direct example of why.

I personally have 49 characters in total, across all servers, with about 35 of them at level 65. My main and sub-mains are on AV, as are the bulk of my alts (I have 2 elite accounts and 7 non-elite accounts that I created years ago for fodder storage, and now use for crafting). I do however see where you're coming from in that some of the members of the PC are not very active, which is something I do think needs to be addressed.

As far as PC forum activity, I check the first two pages of General Discussion every day, reading anything that seems to be gaining traction with the forum community as well as skimming most others, stopping to help people that seem like they genuinely want to learn. There have been periods where I have gone days without making a post, but that doesn't mean I'm not actively reading what others have to say- the same goes for others on the PC.
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    me like watching all this drama popcorn_yes.gif
    but srly ppl still think they test the patches cause seems like they dont if they do set a pbe instead of the "council" better patches less bugs more happy people
  • VysseVysse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Magraal wrote: »
    Toelot wrote: »

Actually, yes, he would. Kamizuma is the most vocal of any person in the game calling for there to be more active gold sinks, using his own wealth as a direct example of why.

While I think they were joking this is absolutely true. Kamizuma is one the best people I have met in this game and a genuine good guy who gets a lot of hate because of the wealth he has generated. The funny thing is he will bring up things like SES prices potentially going up even though the prices going down wouldn't benefit him much at all. He could flood the market with anything he wanted or buy out anything he wanted at anytime. I wish people would stop hating on him.
    Magraal wrote: »

I personally have 49 characters in total, across all servers, with about 35 of them at level 65. My main and sub-mains are on AV, as are the bulk of my alts (I have 2 elite accounts and 7 non-elite accounts that I created years ago for fodder storage, and now use for crafting). I do however see where you're coming from in that some of the members of the PC are not very active, which is something I do think needs to be addressed.

As far as PC forum activity, I check the first two pages of General Discussion every day, reading anything that seems to be gaining traction with the forum community as well as skimming most others, stopping to help people that seem like they genuinely want to learn. There have been periods where I have gone days without making a post, but that doesn't mean I'm not actively reading what others have to say- the same goes for others on the PC.

I play a good 4-16 hours depending on the day as well and while I was on a hiatus for awhile (my internet was so bad I could hardly load a page let alone play TERA and I live in the middle of nowhere so it's difficult to get timely fixes) I do try to contribute when my opinions mean something AKA when I am playing the game. I also check the forums frequently and try to dispell a lot of the commotion that happens by trying to spread hope where there is none. I love this game and want it to succeed. I just want to see people try to be constructive and positive.

*I was more adding onto what you were saying Magraal not responding to you.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MeowForMe

That's something I'll generally agree on, and not just with the Player Council, but even some other things. Some events don't get put out there until it just started (even if they are planned), and some fixes like the recent Gold Finger boxes weren't publicized enough (or even the fact they weren't working in the first place). In the past I have suggested possibly using something like the welcome screen, or some sort of window to get information that is relevant to as many people without relying on those who use forums or watch the stream as they are a small portion of the community. I would also like to see a way for guides to be given more attention and updated even if it means rewarding people for it.

Difficulty in communicating on forums is something else I can agree on, a lot of threads get derailed or spammed and then eventually locked due to it, or people just throw around personal attacks making any meaningful discussion that is taking place to be put in the background and ignored. Although this is an issue with forums in general. As for forum posts being a thing in determining a spot on the council, I am not sure it did since some don't as often even in the past (at least that I'm aware of).

While it is true some may not be playing Tera much, if at all, however I am available throughout most of the day (both in-game and forums). I do have a character on all servers, so if necessary I would also be willing to meet on any server, or even Discord. Also, any PMs I get on forums I do try to respond in a reasonable time and any feedback or concerns I receive I do bring up. I also do try to bring up bugs multiple times that still haven't been fixed (Such as issues with buddyup code, Growing Fury fps issues, etc). If you or anyone else you know have feedback, concerns, or issues they are all more than welcome to send me a message on forums and I will do my best to bring attention to the issues.

Beyond what is said on forums, in TR, or messaged to me directly I am not going to know the concerns. I don't know every single thing, nor do I read minds.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of note i think what bothers people though about the player council is that you have to tell us what you did in the past. We should already know what you proposed and what came of it. It should be a representation of the players as a whole's view on issues and along with that we should know the feedback you received from En Masse or Bluehole. As the player council you should be talking to the public in that case. Right now the public is in the dark.
    It's because the Player Council forum is private, and we're not allowed to share posts from that section. But maybe we could make a thread that simply lists the issues the Player Council is aware of from player feedback and raised to EME. What EME decides to do about it should be apparent in the results (or lack thereof)...

How come you talk like you are on the player council yet don't have the badge? I've been trying to find out if you are on it for like a month now and half the people I asked say you are, the other half say you quit or got kicked out. It's stuff like this that really doesn't inspire confidence in this system. And some other stuff:
    There's no list of council members anywhere.
    It was supposed to be a bridge between EmE and the players but it's more like a 1-way street. The only players who know what they are doing are the ones who talk to them in private(and apparently get information they aren't supposed to).
    From all the games I've played, this is the least efficient, worst designed volunteer program ever.