We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Hello Kitty : More like no kitty

Comments

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    lalex0926 wrote: »
    Asking for EME's reaction is not going to change anything
    Highly doubt they are going to change anything for these loot boxes

They can't change them because people already spent their money on them. No one's going to open that pandora's box. Best you could hope for is for them to take the feedback and change things going forward.

lalex0926 wrote: »
    and yes I've seen ppl getting these items from first 10 boxes
    I would love to know how you calculated those stats

There is no way to calculate it given that it's only calculated and determined server-side. There's no way in the client to figure it out. You can guess based on estimates from a sample of people you know, but there's no real way to know. The PRNG seed method and randomization approach also isn't known. I've heard people have drawn some conclusions in the past through some loopholes, but it's still not enough to determine the odds.
  • LuhzLuhz ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I'm sorry but I don't really understand what you would've wanted them to do.
    All of the costumes are reskins of costumes that are already currently behind RNG walls (apart from the Tuxedos, but since you're basically getting a fancier tuxedo there's no point making it buyout like the butler uniform). That aside, there's nothing distinguishing the costumes within their groups to make some of them RNG and others buyout, no extra frills, no dyeable version, neither has more complex a color scheme than the other, nothing- just different colors. So they'd either all have to be buyout, or all RNG, which just goes back to the first point, that they're reskins of already RNG walled costumes so the decision to RNG wall these as well makes sense, otherwise you'd lower not just the value but the worth of those costumes (like if I had tried to get the chamber maid uniform through lootboxes or whatever and then they come out with this hello kitty thing that looks basically like a cuter version of it for 975 emp i'd be like "wtf")

I mean, I'm not a big fan of trying to get lootbox items either, but I can completely see the logic or reason behind why it was like this this time around.
  • Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I love the Hello Kitty themed items! ^-^
    4f13a8d680.jpg
  • PetasoPetaso ✭✭
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I love the Hello Kitty themed items! ^-^
    4f13a8d680.jpg

H-How were you able to get this item?

Side note, does anyone have any clue when theyre releasing the mounts and pets?
    I mean its kinda disappointing they sell the reskined outfits but didnt sell the mounts. ;;w;;

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    You aren't really able to confirm the actual rate, or even just an estimate, unless you know a group of people that are willing to each open a hundred boxes and get the average out of that group, or EME/BHS tells us themselves. Beyond that, any number thrown around is just based on personal experience or an emotional response, so it's just irrational bias with no logic. I personally never liked loot boxes in any game due to the fact that even if the chances of getting something is decent, you could still be very unlucky and just never get anything yourself. I have always liked the idea of some sort of system being set to offset really bad luck, whether it be after x fails your chances increase or you are guaranteed something. That way you don't end up with the cases of people opening hundreds of boxes and ending up with nothing at all; which leaves them rather dissatisfied and potentially not as willing to spend money in the future.
  • VyolVyol ✭✭✭
    I like the new Hello Kitty stuff, it's cute and that is what a lot of people want
    cute = win
    basass = win

to each their own, I'd say ?
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭

I blame yo mama!
  • Mieax wrote: »
    H-How were you able to get this item?

Side note, does anyone have any clue when theyre releasing the mounts and pets?
    I mean its kinda disappointing they sell the reskined outfits but didnt sell the mounts. ;;w;;

The pets and mounts were released today in the TERA store.
  • ArinovaArinova ✭✭✭
    I have no idea why tf BHS thinks having rare items in boxes with almost -100% drop rate is a good idea. This brings them money? I'm convinced that raising the rate would make more money for them. The majority of the community now the boxes are BS, so why would they spend their money on it? If the rates were higher, more people would buy the boxes hoping to get something rather than 2-3 credit warriors buying boxes and getting nothing.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    These are just recolors of the school outfits with a Hello Kitty stamp on it, why the big fuss?
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    I want a pet piggy in a cat outfit :cry: Everything's just so darn expensive...

Indeed.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Well, at least they already lost me as a loot box customer because of this. Anything else I want from an rng box I'll try to get it via broker with in-game money. Still, I believe the low chance on these boxes is the greatest money making idea ever. I KNOW for granted that this success will repeat itself on the next new loot box. No matter what's said here, people won't stop playing the rng game. It's here to stay and soon it will encompass everything else.

inb4 in 2030, the right to even login into a game for each session will come out of an rng box.
  • JuaJua ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    You have to appreciate that their only post in this thread was to advertise the new store iems <3
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Jua wrote: »
    You have to appreciate that their only post in this thread was to advertise the new store iems <3

At least for the staff, they are just following orders. The greedy ones who issue these orders are way on top, unreachable and uncaring. Those probably don't even read these forums. Money flows and that's what counts for them.

Sure, I also found it rather offensive that he posted that ad here, but, that's how business is and that's what humanity as a whole have decided to conduct themselves. Around paper notes. >.<