[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Question.... about healers patch...

Comments

• PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I think both healers are great, and I am pretty sure they will still both be great after patch.
    Mystics wont burst heal, idk why people are saying they are.
    - The "buff" to our heal is literally just adding the tiny/unnoticeable H.O.T of like 1k or so per tick and moving it in with the original heal.
    - The mote will heal the same amount overall, just more in a lesser time (and well yea, picking up x2 will double) but it is still a H.O.T, not a burst
    - Boomerang's heal isn't buffed, just the speed of it
    - Totem isn't buffed, and is a pretty crappy heal still (but not complaining, its better than it used to be ;v; )

Priest is still gonna be better at burst healing, I mean what mystic can heal 100k+ in one tick with crit? (excluding hitting twice with boomerang because you can't always hit twice with it.)
    Meningitis wrote: »
    I'll tell you why it's worth playing priest over mystic in NA, regardless of opinions of "how much better" mystic may be over priest or blah blah blah: NA is full of idiots who refuse to pick up motes literally ever and need to be carried by a priest working their butt off. Unless you're in endgame, in which it is less common. But I still see it way to freakin' much.
    I personally don't think it should be looked at as one healer is better than the other, or that one is worth playing more than the other, and this is coming from someone who plays both a lot. The two healers are very different, and there will be times where one will outshine the other in certain situations.
    I still get guild mates who complain that there is no energy stars in the run (cuz es is a tiny bit better than tw) or kaias for 2nd boss when I'm healing FIHM on mystic LOL
    As for the thing about motes, I hope no mystic is relying on people picking them up I mean everyone knows ur average nub isn't gonna do it I mean CMON NOW WHO NEEDS A MOTE AM I RIGHT its too much work to press F on it
    Motes are just for when you're busy. You can heal plenty enough with nothing but titanic favor and boomerang, even on heal heavy bosses like 1st boss FIH (maybe a few totems here and there)
    Though, priest with the same skill level will be a lot better at that

Either way, I say play whichever class you want to play. If you like priest, play it. If you like mystic, play it. There will be people who prefer one or the other, and there will be MANY people who wont care what healer you are, as long as you can do your job.

I know I'm gonna want to play both of my healers just as much as usual
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    Pinopy wrote: »
    I personally don't think it should be looked at as one healer is better than the other, or that one is worth playing more than the other, and this is coming from someone who plays both a lot. The two healers are very different, and there will be times where one will outshine the other in certain situations.
    I still get guild mates who complain that there is no energy stars in the run (cuz es is a tiny bit better than tw) or kaias for 2nd boss when I'm healing FIHM on mystic LOL
    As for the thing about motes, I hope no mystic is relying on people picking them up I mean everyone knows ur average nub isn't gonna do it I mean CMON NOW WHO NEEDS A MOTE AM I RIGHT its too much work to press F on it
    Motes are just for when you're busy. You can heal plenty enough with nothing but titanic favor and boomerang, even on heal heavy bosses like 1st boss FIH (maybe a few totems here and there)
    Though, priest with the same skill level will be a lot better at that

Either way, I say play whichever class you want to play. If you like priest, play it. If you like mystic, play it. There will be people who prefer one or the other, and there will be MANY people who wont care what healer you are, as long as you can do your job.

I know I'm gonna want to play both of my healers just as much as usual

(This quote is probably gonna come out all funny bc idk how quotes work yet lol)
    Yeah, I agree. I'm just making a joke on how many nubs I see screaming about not getting enough mana (when they don't pick up mana motes. No mana charge delivered straight to your mana pool). I'm only a lvl 57 mystic so I don't wanna claim to know the class like I know priest. I love both classes. Seeing people constantly QQ about which class is "best" is just tiresome. Maybe I can get my mystic to 65 after they implement the new mechanics for it. Will be fun. :)

• PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Meningitis wrote: »
    (This quote is probably gonna come out all funny bc idk how quotes work yet lol)
    Yeah, I agree. I'm just making a joke on how many nubs I see screaming about not getting enough mana (when they don't pick up mana motes. No mana charge delivered straight to your mana pool). I'm only a lvl 57 mystic so I don't wanna claim to know the class like I know priest. I love both classes. Seeing people constantly QQ about which class is "best" is just tiresome. Maybe I can get my mystic to 65 after they implement the new mechanics for it. Will be fun. :)

Yea no one picks up mana motes pre-65 definitely LOL

Imo its a lot easier to keep mana up as a mystic cuz mana aura + mana motes + corruption ring
    corruption ring being the main mana support
    and corruption ring will be 10x better when patch hits cuz it will no longer put you in combat!
    When I'm on priest even if I use restorative burst and mana charge off cooldown some people are still super mana hungry T.T
  • Almost nobody picks up MP skittles end-game right now because they're useless to half the classes (until the patch). For the rest of today, they give a flat 639MP. Which to put into perspective is BARELY enough for a single sorc void pulse glyphed for MP reduction (600MP). I'd have to spend half my time eating up all the MP skittles just to get a single rotation out, so I don't touch them. Prefer to rely on siphon/volley for that. Mystics also have Corruption Ring+Infusion Ring which is their version of priest's charge. 3 damage ticks (iirc) with Corruption and your Infusion will give the max MP it can. With the ninja patch, they add a glyph to get 50% more MP from Infusion and also change MP skittles to the far, FAR more useful 20% max MP.
  • PinopyPinopy ✭✭✭
    TsukasaKun wrote: »
    Almost nobody picks up MP skittles end-game right now because they're useless to half the classes (until the patch). For the rest of today, they give a flat 639MP. Which to put into perspective is BARELY enough for a single sorc void pulse glyphed for MP reduction (600MP). I'd have to spend half my time eating up all the MP skittles just to get a single rotation out, so I don't touch them. Prefer to rely on siphon/volley for that. Mystics also have Corruption Ring+Infusion Ring which is their version of priest's charge. 3 damage ticks (iirc) with Corruption and your Infusion will give the max MP it can. With the ninja patch, they add a glyph to get 50% more MP from Infusion and also change MP skittles to the far, FAR more useful 20% max MP.

Yea when I play my sorc I don't touch mana motes, usually I'm in double heal runs though so mana isn't too much of a problem.

I only use 1-2 ticks on CR since my parties usually don't need that much back and I use it off cd, but seems like with next patch 1 tick will be more than enough, sweet.
  • PhoergoPhoergo ✭✭
    WHAT is the point of a priest being in the game only to actually be a buff bot
    That's what Mystics where thought of a long time ago

Priest buffbot: Buff everyone before the dungeon, don't run the dungeon, don't get loot
    Mystic aurabot: Run the dungeon, do practically nothing for ~1 hr, get loot

At least when mystics were boring aurabots they had a place in the party. In fact, I mained a mystic when they were basically a dead class, and there were ALWAYS people spamming in global "LFG 9/10 NEED MYSTIC." You will NEVER see someone say "LFG 9/10 NEED PRIEST" because the priest can just put on glyphs + noct and buff everyone.

I'm glad that I'm not into Tera as much as I used to be. The only place that priest will be really valuable is raid pvp. Guess I'll just do CS and FWC 'til Tera dies, lel.

• UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    After running dungeons all day yesterday I never saw any sort of bias from any party on mystic over healer. 99.9% of people don't give a [filtered] which healer as long as there is one.
  • i just tested my titanic favor on mystic.... it crits even more then my priest..... -_- im so depressed right now... in a few days priests wont be needed anymore...and i aint rerolling :/ guess gota think on my guild possibly am quiting the game as well..
  • Ultemecia wrote: »
    After running dungeons all day yesterday I never saw any sort of bias from any party on mystic over healer. 99.9% of people don't give a [filtered] which healer as long as there is one.

ifor now priests are going but wait untill a few more days and you will see this will become like k tera community
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    Akuarine wrote: »
    Ultemecia wrote: »

ifor now priests are going but wait untill a few more days and you will see this will become like k tera community

lmao, ok. We'll see. It will affect in a small way the elite tryhard players. But 99.9% of the people just want to do the damn dungeon and don't give a [filtered] about their party comp as long as they can go do it. 2 days 10 days 100 days. Priest will still be relevant.
  • i hope so.
    Akuarine wrote: »

lmao, ok. We'll see. It will affect in a small way the elite tryhard players. But 99.9% of the people just want to do the damn dungeon and don't give a [filtered] about their party comp as long as they can go do it. 2 days 10 days 100 days. Priest will still be relevant.

I hope so Ulte :/
  • TaybatTaybat ✭✭
    I just love that mystic's and shoot [filtered] at people.
  • HysphericalHyspherical ✭✭✭
    Priests will be fine, don't worry. The difference mystics make is only really cared about in score runs.
  • dinnersdinners ✭✭✭
    I play both mystic and priest.

After patch, Mystic's healing is easier than priest. Titan favor healing amount is alot more and alot faster. It has short CD time. I rarely use Boomerang healing. Just lock on healing is so OP. The distance is longer than priest too. I just drop yellow mote for incase. Normally, people don't even pick up the HP mote.

Vow on 3 people is like cheating key. I can Vow 2x people in everyone 7 min. And, mystic can target the people for vow. It's not random anymore.

lock on Cleansing is alot faster and easier. Yay. No need to aim and shoot Energy star. Buff is unfied with Aura.

Mystic's mana regain skill doesn't put mystic in combat mode anymore. Mystic can just run around in dungeon all the time. YaY.

Mystic's endurance debuff skill lasts over 20 sec. Priest's debuff skill lasts only like 10 sec and it will put the priest in combat mode. Mystic can run around.

Mystic's Thrall of life doesn't get killed anymore. It's as good as priest's Kaia shield.

*Mystic's Titanic Favor lock on healing became just too OP.
    *Mystic is easier in pve than priest.