[TERA Console] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 8:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

[TERA PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 9:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

TERA NEEDS MORE PVP!

13

Comments

  • thekor wrote: »
    ...people don't que 3v3s because of its overtly over all toxic and competitve nature. Alot of people prefer not to deal with that and the drama /harassment that comes ingame along with it. thus they don't que 3v3s.

    Especially with bs such as people who stream and have to put in every little comment or mistake someone makes.

    "oh man it's (popular palyers name here stream) he's good and never makes mistakes must be the fault of that freaking noob. I'm now going to kick them whenever i see them now for the god emperor!"

    Bs like that, makes people not want to que. Especially, if they end up getting blacklisted by some big stream name the stupidity of their fans is atrocious and disgusting that they just blindly believe whatever bs someone has said about someone else.

    3v3s requires three things you need to have in order for you to have the will to que for 3v3's repeatedly.

    1. a competitve drive/ need for credits that makes you willing to keep queing no matter what bs you have to put up with.

    2. the ability to shrug off the opinions of others and ignore the bs said about you maybe even be willing to take some Bs see where you [filtered] up and improve from.

    3. The ability to understand that this repetitive [filtered] is going to occur after Everytime you que and you need to be able to dela with it going back to them with "[filtered] you I'm going to play the [filtered] game now pist off."


    I'd you can do that understand Tera is just game nothing that happens here means anything outside of it then your fine.

    That being said if you're a special weak snowflake who takes everything to heart then don't que 3v3's.


    Also you wanna encourage people to que 3v3's derpy? Then don't be a [filtered] Aroo fanboy. Don't kick people after 1 bad match. Dont [filtered] talk people who try , queing it for the first time. seriously, if people are going to go we need more people queing 3v3s. would be nice to see more faces.

    Then how about folks stop stomping on one another? This is the ultimaye irony right now "we need more epeople queing three's." *New person ques messes up.

    "Oh lol your [filtered] didn't dodge that in time gtfo."

    *Vote kick succeeds.

    What's. Great way to encourage peiple to que 3v3's!

    3's only needs 1 thing
    good rewards for team 3's so people will queue that instead of [filtered] solo.
  • Derpybowl wrote: »
    PlagueFWC wrote: »
    @derpybowl
    It also means that most likely every other bg besides the one with the quest will be dead that day.


    Its a fair trade to everything being dead except 2 bgs. I wana see some new faces in 3s and I actually enjoy grid so getting ppl in those bgs is a fair tradeoff to fwc being dead on 3s night.

    just because it's a fair tradeoff doesn't mean it's not a horrible tradeoff.
  • @thekor no one is actually really paying any attention to Derpybowl. He doesn't understand how to post without even trying to insult someone to prove a point on how he sees the world. It's kinda hilarious at times because it ends up proving exactly the opposite of what he says, while also justifying others views that contradict his. And his use of profanity is enough to show his, age and maturity level.

    I agree with you on the kick list, in fact I know of many people on other games that stream and made such lists too and/or made lists of people they consider good to make pre-mades with. I use to hang out with some of those people when I was on Guild Wars 2, that quasi-esports PvP there is rather toxic when you get into it like that especially if you do its version of open world PvP called World vs World. Meh, spent thousands of hours doing it and still dislike how its rather unbalanced all the way around no matter what... its always Tank, Healer, FOTM and Meta builds. If you don't run them you might end up seeing yourself removed from the raid by the LTs or Raid commander. :( And yes, GW2 has no trinity, but Guardians and warriors are always treated as tanks when in WvW. Elementalists are always treated as a combination of TERA's Sorc and Priest, aka healer that does damage. FOTM = Flavor of the month and its whatever the metabattle build considers is the best to run for that month :(

    On TERA you don't have as much trouble here as you do there with kick lists and group lists, yes you still have them likely, haven't seen one yet in TERA. However, with the game modes that TERA offers, we do need more PvP areas and we need more ways of enjoying it.

    While this forum thread was supposedly for that purpose of coming up with potential ideas for Spacecats and Treeshark to relay to BHS or to even implement themselves, it has deteriorated down to claiming that one can run any BGs with x y z gear. While it maybe true and you may survive using indom crystals and stuff, it still brings to same place as the original thought was behind this discussion. If you can do it with all this gear, then why is it only at these events involving BGs does it seem like all BGs are queue-able. To me the answer is simple, few people actually do PvP and most are worried or scared to try it. Hence, the standpoint I take on making the same BGs we have now that allow anyone to enter with any gear, to also have an exact counterpart that allows only equalized gear. Maybe then it would entice people to try other BGs instead of constantly queuing for Kumas Royale. Also removing level cap too would help for those BGs to get people to try them...
  • I'll reply once I get home. But just in case you're not as lazy as I think you are: you can find the answer to each of your questions somewhere in my post history already
  • Tera needs BHS to sell Tera to a better company. That can fix everything in time, we know they never improve.
  • eNobunoneNobunon
    edited October 2016
    We should all know what TERA really was by now.
    Anyways, I like the point made in this topic's title. We want more PVP, there is still a chance that we can make Corsair's Stronghold LV 30 because we're the only ones who complained 2 years ago and got our results. We want to reverse it now, and we could if we tried hard enough. TERA EU and TERA JP still have Corsair's Stronghold at LV 30. And yes, it might need some revamping but I really would take anything than a 30 minute to an hour queue.
    When there was PVPing Ranks and Rewards back when, it gave me motivation to fight.

    Edit: TERA EU changed to LV 65 only CS on Feb 26th 2016. Sad.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    PlagueFWC wrote: »
    I'll reply once I get home. But just in case you're not as lazy as I think you are: you can find the answer to each of your questions somewhere in my post history already
    All the bullsht ones you mean? Like one of the recent ones "still can't believe healers queue without being forced" or something along those lines. When it seems everyone around you is crazy, maybe it's time to look in the mirror.

    No seriously, ever thought it's you? (and Derpybowl)
    eNobunon wrote: »
    TERA EU and TERA JP still have Corsair's Stronghold at LV 30.
    ...wat? EU is lv65 only and max 2 people can queue in same party. Please.
  • play pve to support my gear so i can pk ppl
    pk is more like a goal for me.
  • PlagueFWCPlagueFWC ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    alrighty here we go.
    thekor wrote: »

    Thank god, enmass refuses to listen to anyone on ideas on how to fix certain things. Because if they ever, implemented something as fundamentally flawed as the idea you two want implemented. This game would lose all its PvP palyers. in a heart beat.

    Never listen to anyone's ideas? Like that time at the end of VM2 where a player had the idea of removing power hours because queues would probably pop without in the next patch? yeah they listened then. and guess what! it worked!
    Or how about when I asked them for more rewards in the credit stores? Oh wait, they did that to! And again it worked!
    As a matter of fact they took the exact ideas of what to put in the stores from several threads on the forums :open_mouth:

    thekor wrote: »
    2nd note garbage gear for priests is [filtered] you up severely? buddy it's garbage gear for everyone that's the point of equalized 3v3s.

    Everyone, is on the same level. no one is superior compared to the others unless we look at terms of class comps, skills that inflict damage and so on.
    and there's the exact problem. This game has always been balanced around the fact that a healer can NOT die to a single DPS (not counting consumables) if the healer knows what he/she's doing.
    So no, not everyone is on the same level. Healers are at a lower level.
    thekor wrote: »
    Making it unequalized like you think.Would not solve anything but raise a while new host of problems. @Plagued your idea is foolish, childish, and simple minded. you are not looking at the bigger over all picture. rather the simple one assuming all humans repsond and act in the same way.

    Your idea is by making it unequalized. It would force people to have gear then only the elite will que 3v3s and bgs to kill each other and all Will be good. Nice try but in actuality That would never work. obviously you don't pay attention enough as is.

    If people aren't wearing the right crystals as of now. When, they que solo 3v3s. what makes you think they will decide to get geared to que it? A majority of people wouldn't.
    And the few who would be waiting for a long time to get into other matches against other people.

    The imbalance would be even more broken then before and everyone would Just stop doing bgs.

    Your ques would be 2x longer then what they are now. Everything would suck and everyone including you two, claiming you are in favor of this idea would soon realise just how horribly you [filtered] up.

    Also with your idea plagued? It's super [filtered] easy simple to abuse.
    for some reason i think you're so dumb that you don't even realize that you're talking to 2 different people here. because you keep using my name when replying to derpy. but whatever.

    You're looking from the newbie's point of view of why they should queue 3's.
    Here's the thing though: THEY [filtered] SHOULDNT QUEUE IT.
    it is a bg for players that know everything about their class. players that know how to react to every situation. and right now, with the EQ gear and the "look i still get a reward for trying! amount of credits for a loss", the bg is advertising itself as the place to start rather than to end.

    Now why would people queue for it if it became unEQ? because it gives the best credit rewards based on time spent in there. (well, not counting shitasylum anyway) Which is the whole point of playing RPGs! you get things, improve, then move on to harder things which give better rewards!


    As for easy to abuse? what is there even to abuse? the rating which gives no rewards? the credits on which you can cap within a day already without any abuse?
    Also have fun trying to abuse it. because i can tell you there's plenty of hungry teams of old veterans just waiting to snipe your queues
    thekor wrote: »
    i'll mention this again you're completely biased on half your points. So how can anyone believe what you say? 2nd note from what iv'e read, "healers would be top of the list." It seems you can;t get to the top so you think the game needs to be dumber down for you. so you want only healers to be able to get ranked in 3v3s and que? again pretty biased. "healers get one shot by archers." my response to that to that is if a healer lets themselves be one shot by an archer then someone isn't doing their job.

    Either, the healer is failing, or the dps aren't peeling correctly. considering in 3v3 equal everyone is in terrible gear there is no excuse. So I obliterated that argument next one. Healers have tons of of counters i don't know what planet you're living on. But healers were not meant to be heavy armor tanks. in any mmorpg cloth= squishy as [filtered] class for a reason. They are supports who if given good teammates live and aid greatly in battle sometimes being very hard to kill. but they are still super squishy they are a SUPPORT CLASS. so that points been completely decimated.
    Already pointed this out earlier. This game ain't balanced around 1-comboing healers. You want to know why? because there are AOE stuns in the game that last for the entire duration of that 1-shotting combo. Good luck peeling around a backstab into archer kick into archer trap etc. etc. etc.

    Aside from that. there's desync. I can pillarhug dodge every single skill all i want. but if the enemy suddenly walks through the damn pillar on my screen then there's not a lot i can do now is there?
    thekor wrote: »
    Edit Pvp is also ping dependent if you have above 100 ping playing any other class but reaper,brawler,gunner is not going to be very fun.

    Weird how i got rank 1 on the leaderboards with my 150 ping Q.Q
    thekor wrote: »
    All the bullsht ones you mean? Like one of the recent ones "still can't believe healers queue without being forced" or something along those lines. When it seems everyone around you is crazy, maybe it's time to look in the mirror.

    No seriously, ever thought it's you? (and Derpybowl)

    Weird how you keep complaining about derpy calling people names, but then do it yourself to someone who thusfar hasn't said anything to you yet. something something mirror.
  • PlagueFWCPlagueFWC ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    KattyKira wrote: »
    @thekor no one is actually really paying any attention to Derpybowl. He doesn't understand how to post without even trying to insult someone to prove a point on how he sees the world. It's kinda hilarious at times because it ends up proving exactly the opposite of what he says, while also justifying others views that contradict his. And his use of profanity is enough to show his, age and maturity level.

    you are actually saying this to someone who does the exact same thing. good job

    KattyKira wrote: »
    While this forum thread was supposedly for that purpose of coming up with potential ideas for Spacecats and Treeshark to relay to BHS or to even implement themselves, it has deteriorated down to claiming that one can run any BGs with x y z gear. While it maybe true and you may survive using indom crystals and stuff, it still brings to same place as the original thought was behind this discussion. If you can do it with all this gear, then why is it only at these events involving BGs does it seem like all BGs are queue-able. To me the answer is simple, few people actually do PvP and most are worried or scared to try it. Hence, the standpoint I take on making the same BGs we have now that allow anyone to enter with any gear, to also have an exact counterpart that allows only equalized gear. Maybe then it would entice people to try other BGs instead of constantly queuing for Kumas Royale. Also removing level cap too would help for those BGs to get people to try them...

    Nope nope nope nope.

    Here's the simple reason why the majority of players does stuff in this game:
    it gives the best rewards for their time spent.

    The gear thing is for the other part of players, that actually want to have a decent pvp battleground.


    Just look at Fraywind. Absolutely nobody was queueing for it. Throw in just a few rewards and boom, you got all these people that were constantly saying "I dont do fraywind because +15 is too strong" suddenly forgetting all about that and just queueing in fodder in hopes of getting that reward.
    Then they figure out, "hey, if i gear up i have a better chance of getting said rewards!"
    And after a while they realize "hey, if i team up with people that also have gear i have even better chances!"
    And then they actually get better along the way because they play with friends that help them :o

    Just look at how it's always the geared people teamqueueing and the ungeared ones soloqueueing.
  • You mentioned Aro that's funny. He's so salty it hurts to see.

    Anyway if you want to queue solo 3s then do so. Just keep in mind there will be rage fits, [filtered] fits and such.

    Team 3s you're going to need gear like it or not.

    Overall the issue with PvP on Tera is knowledge and the inability it seems for people to educate themselves by duelling and checking guides.

    If you're unwilling to help yourself then you don't deserve help at all. Infact you deserve the kicks and the stomp outs.
  • PlagueFWCPlagueFWC ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    thekor wrote: »
    "Already pointed this out earlier. This game ain't balanced around 1-comboing healers. You want to know why? because there are AOE stuns in the game that last for the entire duration of that 1-shotting combo. Good luck peeling around a backstab into archer kick into archer trap etc. etc. etc."-PlagueFWC

    what are you trying to argue here? are you saying this shouldn't be a game mechanic? that we should not allow people to have the ability to outplay others creating scenarios of where its gg if certain scenarios are met? If so, that's incredibly stupid. Even Chess, one of the most strategical games of History. Has unwinnable situations where, if you [filtered] up once at the beginning and your opponent notices. Then you can have already lost the game by the time you get to the end from that one mistake. so what are you trying to argue here that outplaying shouldn't be achievable? that certain combos or skills should be outright banned? what are you trying to argue here that gear would solve that because people can survive if they [filtered] up? so you want to prolong the game or make it so there are multiple stalemates? Whats the point then? 3v3s goal is to beat the other team and do so by exploiting their mistakes or killing their healer. so how do i ask you if we allowed this to heck allow gear to be the saving factor for "well i got them in a checkmate move but they wouldn't die so the game continues."now allow that for both teams what happens? oh i know, Stalemate no one wins and no one loses. Then there would no point in queing three vs three if no one gets anything.

    "it's possible to do something in a game completely unrelated to this one. with entirely different game rules and mechanics. therefore it should be possible here"
    i'm not even going to try and reason with your logic there,

    As for your stalemate argument, i don't see those stalemates happening in the team 3's games i did. and those allowed for me to not get 1-combod. But please do keep talking like you have any idea about how that works.

    thekor wrote: »
    "Weird how i got rank 1 on the leader boards with my 150 ping Q.Q"-PlagueFWC

    150 isn't a huge disadvantage its doable for some classes however 150 say 180-200 id like to see you get to rank 1 otherwise. also you probably qued team 3v3s 100% of hte time working with a static who cordinated and got there understanding each other knowing what your ping was. Now, try doing that with strangers lets see if you get to rank 1 with that ping on the leaderboards then think you'll find it alot more difficult next argument.
    "can't play with over 100 ping" becomes 150 the next post. nice consistency.
    "you also queued teams so you had coordination"- the other team also has that coordination. so that point doesnt matter.
    "try doing it with strangers" - so you're asking a healer, who can not kill any other player. (which means that even if I would play perfectly and not get hit every single match, at best i'd still only get a draw if my dps won't kill anyone) to win every match, when there's a roughly 50% chance of having 2 potatos on your team. And that determines my skill level according to you.
    i just really have no words to describe your logic.

    thekor wrote: »
    "and there's the exact problem. This game has always been balanced around the fact that a healer can NOT die to a single DPS (not counting consumables) if the healer knows what he/she's doing.
    So no, not everyone is on the same level. Healers are at a lower level."-PlagueFWC


    Reason three, You mention healers aren't soloable. Is that a complaint or argument? are you saying they are too easy to play compared to the other classes? are trying to say healer's should be soloable? easy counter to this one. if healers were just soloable what do you think would happen to them do to the power creep of this game? i tell you this you certainly would not be playing one right now. the class would become obsolete and basically useless as if just anyone focuses a healer as one person they could be destroyed then in massive pvp the healer would be solo and get killed by everything and that raid would fall apart. their play style would become extremely boring/frustrating would serve no purpose and would not be able to be called a support class as it dies much to quickly to do anything.
    no idea why you're bringing mass pvp in here when we're talking about small scale pvp.

    thekor wrote: »
    "You're looking from the newbie's point of view of why they should queue 3's.
    Here's the thing though: THEY [filtered] SHOULDNT QUEUE IT.
    it is a bg for players that know everything about their class. players that know how to react to every situation. and right now, with the EQ gear and the "look i still get a reward for trying! amount of credits for a loss", the bg is advertising itself as the place to start rather than to end."

    "Now why would people queue for it if it became unEQ? because it gives the best credit rewards based on time spent in there. (well, not counting shitasylum anyway) Which is the whole point of playing RPGs! you get things, improve, then move on to harder things which give better rewards!"-PlagueFWC

    Reason 4, so you played 3v3s at first how? hmm right you started out just like everyone else did then you learned .then you gott better. the only way you learn to do 3v3s is by experiencing it. i don't agree with your point at all because it is soo stupidly contrived and thought up that i don;t know where to begin with. so when you started as a healer Plague and learned your class how did you practice 3v3's? did you do deathmatch? possible but unlikely, did you just keep practicing solo? But then how would you learn what to do for group pvp which is very different from solo pvp healing?..oh wait i know you must have qued for it and got better.
    Started by asking guildies and friends what i needed to do to get into 3's
    They told me to start with fraywind and dueling. So i did those. After that we did a few deathmatches to practice solo healing 2 players while under heavy pressure. As well as holding pyres in fraywind with 2 guildies against 3 or more enemies for that tiny bit of extra experience.
    After that teamqueue with people that actually know theyre playing with a new player. So they are more willing to give tips and know to peel a bit more than usual.
    Like i said, 3's is the final pvp battleground. practice in all other forms first.
    Team 3's is where you go to learn 3's and eventually prove how how much you learned through rating.
    Solo 3's is where you practice repetition and pattern recognition. whilst not caring about rating

    thekor wrote: »
    Also, rating means something. It is the way players define who is skilled and who is not. for example, Pokedex is one of the most renowned lancers of any server. They are known because they get rank 1 or rank 1-10 in whatever bg consistently and have done great achievements which have marked them in the books of players as good. the rating system which counts as ranking helps this along. so here is a question what happens when the rank system that is supposed to be used to define players skills is completely useless? none of what it says proves anything?
    If you think for even one second that those players wouldnt still be at the top, then i'd gladly refer you to ye olde days of tera.
    you're also ignoring the fact that if this battleground were to be made active again, it'd be a lot harder to exploit since you can run into other players. As well as EME having banned people that exploited it in the past.
    Your argument about people exploiting it only affects such a small portion of everything that it's not worth mentioning.
    thekor wrote: »
    Then we get a horrible conundrum of where skill and rating means nothing. It's worthless. a ranking system exists to show were players are in terms of being skilled how well they can play how well they know their class etc. while its just a game and its a very small thing it helps drive players to compete with each other. a goal to achieve and prove to others that they aren't as garbage as other players are saying or trying to say they are to be. this is what makes people strive for arete (excellence) encouraging others to go out do their best and be the best pvper they can be. while along with it this brings hubris, it helps other compete for excellence. allowing unequalzied gear that completely skewers the rating and ranking system for 3v3s and it would not cater to the elite it would be rng box luck with 2X the pain and much less the reward.
    This would only apply if the game was actually balanced around EQ gear. but 75k backcrit scythe says otherwise.
    thekor wrote: »
    No one would know what to think anymore and there would be almost 0 drive to do bgs or prove anything to anyone if you could just be outdone for your efforts because rng says not today.
    Wait wait. So you're saying that getting gear. something you control completely by yourself, is RNG?
    thekor wrote: »
    i get where your coming from with some of these idea's. but I will never see your point of view in kicking people plague, i just don't believe in it. i know its frustrating to lose because someone has no clue what the [filtered] they are doing but at the same point we all started like that and eventually became better. my point of view is one of the ancient greeks. the rating system makes players strive for Arete creating competition and ways to ever improve ourselves. whenever i win or lose to someone i keep in mind what it took to get to the point of where i could beat others down. we all strive for arete but it is not okay to embrace Hubris which is the fall of man and womankind alike.
    #1 Where did i make any point about kicking people? you might want to try reading my posts and actually replying to the points i make, rather than changing everything a slight bit to serve your arguments

    thekor wrote: »
    In the end, your arguments your make adding unequalized gear to all bgs, your never ending down fall to keep embracing your hubris of that no one else but the tip top of the tip top players should que 3v3s just makes no sense. these goals you wish to achieve are impossible as humankind does not work the way you want it to. This would also drive multiple people away and the game would die. If it were just made of the elite. in the end its just a game and made for fun either enjoy it for what it is or quit your choice. me? despite all my complaints and annoyances i enjoy tera for what it is as a game. i think 3v3s is fine the way it is as you said if you want to use unequal gear do team 3v3s but from what iv'e heard from a lot of players a lot of other veteran pvpers say they despise team 3v3's.

    Actually i dont just want the best to play 3v3. But people that understand their class. It's fine that you keep pushing that into "best of the best" for some reason, but thats not what i'm saying.
    Everything i said about that, "knowing your class", "knowing what to do in every situation". is just the theoretical side of things.
    You become the best by actually applying those things.

    If you actually think that knowing game mechanics and strategy is considered as being a top tier player. then holy [filtered] do i feel bad for you. (although compared to the type of people i see in soloqueue, i could get where you get the idea that not being horrible at this game = being a god)

    As for that last sentence there: "i've heard from people that other people say that"
    wtf kind of argument is that. like seriously....
    Most veterans stopped playing 3's because they kept playing against the same teams over and over and over.
    Why? because soloqueue gives better rewards. So why would any new player ever want to make a team?
    Soloqueue is a place to practice your skills through repetition.
    Teamqueue is a place where you learn new things.

    thekor wrote: »
    As for the complaint about glitches.. that's enmasse's job but since most likely they will never get around to fixing that that's just the way it is.. Sai La Vie.. as for class balance.. that's also up to bhs and nemasse even if they do a poor job with it.. its their game soo rip
    You're right. those things won't be fixed ever.
    However, in EQ gear either of those things being against you will instantly result in death beyond your control. In your own gear you have a chance to recover.
    Now your reply to that will probably "but waht if i dont have gear!".
    Well if you can't be bothered to get gear, then it's safe to assume you definitely didn't bother any of the other things.
    The exception to this is alt characters of course. But alt characters in EQ actually screw up the balance because they get put in as low rating characters despite being far above that. Where as without EQ you wouldn't nearly see as many alts in there. resulting in the top players getting top ratings, which means they get their own section, which means lowbies play against other low rated players! balancing! :o


    Done with this now. Can't be bothered anymore to constantly have to tell you that you're saying things that have nothing to do with what i posted.


    P.S.
    Right now solocontent is more rewarding than teamcontent.
    Without the team element, people simply dont care about what happens, as long as they get their reward. Where as with the team element, they also have to do well to not let their teammates down.
    Solo makes people angry grouchy players that just wants to get out.
    Team makes people friendly (although occasionally salty) people that want to make others better, because it benefits themselves as well.

    Teamqueue should always be more important than solo. And personally I feel that teamqueue should be slightly more rewarding than FWC. While soloqueue rewards get nerfed to the ground.

    Your greek phylosophy applies to the ancient greeks themselves Kor. Those people had to get the best out of themselves to achieve pretty much anything (even survival) in life.
    The majority of the current population is content with mediocrity. And basically want the fastest way to get the most/best rewards.
    If you make the hardest way the best way to get those rewards, then people will try to be able to achieve the level needed to consistently finish the hardest way.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    You're delusional and clueless. Did you even play before soloq was EQ? Back then Skyring was very active but solo was not. I mean when they added the proper solo mode where you didn't meet premades (before that it doesn't count). People queued, got 1shot and 1 sided matches because of gear, stopped queuing like you suggested. Guess what? It made it far more dead than it is even now, with 1/10th of the PvP population. (and you needed credits for Nightfall anyway)

    EU had EQ event for team 3s. Was more active than ever, had alot of the people who didn't play much come back to it. Heck, even players from RU TERA came just for the event (old players who used to play on EU before RU launch), and streamed, because otherwise gear is a hindrance so they wouldn't even think about it. You speak nonsense, these are facts.

    It's hilarious you think gear means only the gear piece itself, nevermind the jewelry, underwear, etchings, heck you even have to replace dyads everytime on new gear unlike in EQ, all of these things add up. 1 may not make a difference, multiply it by 15 and it will be huge.

    It's easy to speak for something when you never experienced the contrary, thinking it adds to your point, when it doesn't.

    These are facts. Get over it.
  • PlagueFWC wrote: »
    thekor wrote: »
    ...people don't que 3v3s because of its overtly over all toxic and competitve nature. Alot of people prefer not to deal with that and the drama /harassment that comes ingame along with it. thus they don't que 3v3s.

    Especially with bs such as people who stream and have to put in every little comment or mistake someone makes.

    "oh man it's (popular palyers name here stream) he's good and never makes mistakes must be the fault of that freaking noob. I'm now going to kick them whenever i see them now for the god emperor!"

    Bs like that, makes people not want to que. Especially, if they end up getting blacklisted by some big stream name the stupidity of their fans is atrocious and disgusting that they just blindly believe whatever bs someone has said about someone else.

    3v3s requires three things you need to have in order for you to have the will to que for 3v3's repeatedly.

    1. a competitve drive/ need for credits that makes you willing to keep queing no matter what bs you have to put up with.

    2. the ability to shrug off the opinions of others and ignore the bs said about you maybe even be willing to take some Bs see where you [filtered] up and improve from.

    3. The ability to understand that this repetitive [filtered] is going to occur after Everytime you que and you need to be able to dela with it going back to them with "[filtered] you I'm going to play the [filtered] game now pist off."


    I'd you can do that understand Tera is just game nothing that happens here means anything outside of it then your fine.

    That being said if you're a special weak snowflake who takes everything to heart then don't que 3v3's.


    Also you wanna encourage people to que 3v3's derpy? Then don't be a [filtered] Aroo fanboy. Don't kick people after 1 bad match. Dont [filtered] talk people who try , queing it for the first time. seriously, if people are going to go we need more people queing 3v3s. would be nice to see more faces.

    Then how about folks stop stomping on one another? This is the ultimaye irony right now "we need more epeople queing three's." *New person ques messes up.

    "Oh lol your [filtered] didn't dodge that in time gtfo."

    *Vote kick succeeds.

    What's. Great way to encourage peiple to que 3v3's!

    3's only needs 1 thing
    good rewards for team 3's so people will queue that instead of [filtered] solo.

    more than than it needs a group of ppl that understands you will get your [filtered] kicked prob for weeks or months depending what tier your class is, before you git gud. It also hurts that Tera has no 5s. Vheck it, most serious pvp MMORPGs has mas BGs and 5s. Some1 shows you Tera and you see no 5s? No 5s? Trash. Can easily see that happening.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    What VM1 gear gap??? Conjunct even did more (1%) damage than VM1 weapon from the front (yes 6% less from behind). The gear gap was much smaller than it is now. And yes dyads can make or break a match (mana dyads in 3s) but that's beside the point because you ADD all this stuff up.

    One dyad does not make or break a match, but all dyads + inferior etchings + gear gap itself + inferior underwear + etc adds up to massive gap.

    VM1 times were good because none of this cancer other than just 2 gear pieces needed (because 2 were bloodrave which was stupidly easy to get and free +12/3% MW). There's more stuff to farm now than ever and it will only get worse from here on.
Sign In or Register to comment.