[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

People leaving instance without rolling

While the double drop would be lovely, if people could actually get the gear that drops, but unfortunately yet another huge problem is frustratingly amplified with the "reward" double drop event. I need higher item level gear to even be able to do SSNM. People who have gear leave the dungeons without rolling. The roll times out, the stuff I needed was behind their roll, and I'm teleported out. Unless I am lucky enough to be able to grab one or two things that may not even be for the class I need in the 1 second before I am automatically teleported out, that loot is gone forever. This has been an ongoing problem, but it is especially bad now. This needs to be fixed very badly in a few ways. This was not as big a deal when you could not use same-name gear for enchantment, but now its even important to be able to pick up items off-class if nobody in the group wants them, so your other classes can use them for enchantment fodder.

1) If someone leaves a party, their remaining rolls automatically should become DROP instead of the ENDLESS TIMER (this right here is why people leave)
2) if my loot roll is still stuck behind someone else's, and all people eligible for that roll have left, the next loot roll for people still in the dungeon should pop to the front
3) If everyone leaves, the last person who is there is most likely the one guy who still needed the loot - just GIVE IT ALL TO THEM. MAIL it. Give them time to pick it up. Whatever. Don't teleport them out and leave them without the slaughter gear they really really needed just because everyone else is impatient and rude.

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    ask someone to stick around then

there is zero reason to change anything about the current system when you aren't taking the steps to help prevent it in the first place

ps. ssnm can be done in dreadnaught, just like sshm can be done in slaughter. ilvl doesn't matter
  • metagame wrote: »

there is zero reason to change anything about the current system when you aren't taking the steps to help prevent it in the first place

ps. ssnm can be done in dreadnaught, just like sshm can be done in slaughter. ilvl doesn't matter

It won't let you into the instance if your ilvl doesn't meet the requirements. Just saying. . .
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »

It won't let you into the instance if your ilvl doesn't meet the requirements. Just saying. . .

Yes it does. You just won't be able to IMS, which you shouldn't be doing anyway.
  • ilvl is just for IM. Nothing to do with being allowed in or not. U can even enter sshm in idoneal if u want to...

One step u can take is to quickly loot the equipments before the mats, so that they will be rolled 1st. Somebody bound to want the mats but they have to roll through the equipments 1st
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭

Item level is just for using IMS, as pointed out and for VG rewards. If you go in with no gear you'll be allowed, you just wont get the VG reward when the boss dies, although you'll get all the other loot if you're in range to.
  • I already hear the community ranting if your changes would be enacted.
    "Why did I get my mailbox stuffed with junk?"
    "Why am I not teleported back to my origin as the last team member?"

As mentioned above, the easiest way is to ask someone to stay for loot. It's two words in chat and doesn't kill you.
    Those who leave are surely NOT interested in loot and will surely not approve having 5g-junk spamming their mailbox (just imagine a party with all people not needing slaughter).

Right now, the system only counts down the player currently dropping during the roll. As soon as you're 2 only, there are no rolls of the dropped players. Come on, this is an MMO. I know it's common habit to NOT even say "Hi" at the start. But talk to the people. Get yourself aa easy solution instead of waiting years to implement something into the game.
  • the best solution would be to change the auto kick if you are alone in an instance~ would be great for solo exploring a dungeon too after clearing
  • edited October 2016
    I agree that the system is not ideal atm. Usually I try to stay until the gear pieces are rolled, resulting in staying 2 min longer with the poor IMS person trying to get their gear during my other party members drop the party as fast as they can. When I am switching characters, I just log out instead of dropping.
  • Just ask people to stay I usually stick around just to see people to actually pick it up but I'm not gunna stay 10 minutes for me to pass a item and the player like sitting there not rolling lol
  • Drop events seem to bring out the cancerous assholes. Forget people leaving. The ones that are purposely slow to roll on items. The ones that are slow to roll, get called out for it, and then purposely run the timer all the way down for every single item. Until they get bored.

Even had one run where 3 guild members refused to roll. Just stood around, popping off their greetings and dance/laugh emote.

Every single run has been like this.

If you must wonder, I'm gearing an alt (alt server, untwinked) on [filtered] like CW and KD. Just pure IMS cancer.

/rant
  • C'mon man... One run refers only to that particular instance with the 3 people. Every single run is the overall experience so far which is a measly 5 runs -- 4 of them in succession within the last hour.

Do you still need your hand held? Backpack carried?
  • edited October 2016
    You just assumed I don't ask. I do ask. Politely. Twice. Once at the beginning, and once at the last boss to remind. "Please roll or drop fast so those needing gear can get it, and others are done fast."
    It is pure common courtesy to always always roll or drop fast for *both* sets of people, anything else is just your own self-centeredness.

What do you imagine happens?
    One guy never wants to wait. leaves. His BOP item that nobody else can roll on now just sits and spins with everyone else's roll behind it.
    Then the next two guys think "eff it I'm not waiting".

This is a real problem, and things that are not tweaked in game to make the community experience BETTER not WORSE, end up making people leave, or be real dicks in turn to others. This community gets worse and worse. Toxic in forums, toxic in game.
  • YuhataYuhata ✭✭✭
    Hmm... interesting point here, tho. It's been a long time since I needed gear and even then ran it with friends so never really thought about dropping early. I will be sure to hang out from now on.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »

Item level is just for using IMS, as pointed out and for VG rewards. If you go in with no gear you'll be allowed, you just wont get the VG reward when the boss dies, although you'll get all the other loot if you're in range to.

Hm.
    I tried to enter SSNM when my ilvl didn't meet requirements with a premade party and it wouldn't let me in.
    Just speaking from personal experience just a couple of weeks ago.
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Simpler solution:
    1) Add in a "Leave Dungeon" button, and increase the amount of time you can stay in the dungeon when out of the party to 30 seconds or 1 minute (up from 5 seconds), so you can choose to stay around to grab loot or leave immediately at the end of the dungeon, but will not be able to disrupt the party's progress if you had gotten kicked prior to dungeon completion.

2) IIRC the game is able to deem a player as AFK if they don't move anything in a set amount of time. Why not implement this to rolling too? Make it such that AFK-labelled players are not eligible to roll for items, and if someone (be it on purpose or really had to) goes AFK during a roll period, deem him as AFK after he does not participate in rolling/dropping tor 2 items, and restore his active status once he moves the mouse or touches something on the keyboard.
    This will not prevent active trollers who just constantly moves the mouse/character just to not be deemed as AFK, but it sure helps in large raids like WH/AI/RE, where more than 10 players could be waiting for a roll, but are delayed just because 1 inconsiderate guy decides to AFK.
    OR
    3) Create a "Loot" checkbox where it is by default enabled so that you will be eligible for rolls. If a player does not roll/drop for more than 2 items, then the checkbox gets automatically unticked, leaving them out of the subsequent rolls until they check the box again. This will also not prevent active trolls who just press Drop at the last second, but can at least give them less incentive to waste their time and effort to troll others. ('Cause honestly, trolls troll because it's convenient. Make trolling take effort and they will eventually drop from the party)

(Digressing)
    To all those guys who keep telling OP to ask:
    You guys sure are an optimistic bunch thinking that asking will solve all his problems. Even OP had to mention that after asking politely, people just leave straightaway regardless. Not everyone has time to stay in dungeon for 1 person to collect his loot.
    In these kinds of scenarios, a system change like what I mention above is more appropriate and player-friendly.

And to those saying that you can enter SSNM with dreadnaught:
    Excuse me, but so what if you can enter the dungeon with dreadnaught? SSNM was designed to be played with slaughter gear as the minimum, and you're trying to tell us that a party full of dreadnaught players can clear it, with all the shield mechanics and whatnot? And you're assuming any person in the right mind will accept a player in dreadnaught to join their SSNM LFG party knowing how many shield mechanics there are.
    If you wanna counter-argue that +15 players can carry, please tell me what proportion of players will want to spend more time to complete a dungeon when they can clear it much faster with geared players?
    Also, SSHM's minimum ilvl is full set slaughter +12, so duh of course you can enter with just slaughter. This isn't the same for SSNM's minimum ilvl of 409, which dreadnaught +12 does not qualify for.

PS: Don't argue just for the sake of disagreeing with OP. Use some common sense and try to think from everyone's point of view, and how something can be done better.