[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Civil Unrest Update (10/7/16)

Comments

• I have to disagree with that "majority" as well. Out of all the threads made about CU, I only remember one person complaining about the time. I find the newer time is much more inconvenient for west coast players. Most weekend jobs aren't normal 9-5 jobs, they usually are more retail and service jobs that run later. Moving the time early just means more of these players can't participate.

It also doesn't make sense since the argument against the time for west coast was it was during a time that inconvenient for them, but pushing the time forward puts the central time zone in that same situation. As well as it's a Saturday night, and most jobs on Sundays open later than any other day of the week, so saying that it's too late for the east coast is not much of a valid point.
  • cuzcuz ✭✭
    Literally every possible shift I could get on Saturday would have me working at 5pm. Open, mid, close... rip PST retail employees.

On the other hand, I'm not in a guild so I guess I'm not gonna miss out on much. I missed every mongo event so missing some revamped gvg isn't gonna suck too bad... But this sucks for anyone trying to participate but won't be able to now bc some east coast crybabies can't stay up past 10pm
  • I have to disagree with that "majority" as well. Out of all the threads made about CU, I only remember one person complaining about the time. I find the newer time is much more inconvenient for west coast players. Most weekend jobs aren't normal 9-5 jobs, they usually are more retail and service jobs that run later. Moving the time early just means more of these players can't participate.

It also doesn't make sense since the argument against the time for west coast was it was during a time that inconvenient for them, but pushing the time forward puts the central time zone in that same situation. As well as it's a Saturday night, and most jobs on Sundays open later than any other day of the week, so saying that it's too late for the east coast is not much of a valid point.

My entire Guild of 70+ members online at the first CU was complaining about the time.

Quit your job if Tera is more important, if not, sucks to suck fam.
  • I so don't want to meet that self centered bch irl
  • Pantsu wrote: »
    I have to disagree with that "majority" as well. Out of all the threads made about CU, I only remember one person complaining about the time. I find the newer time is much more inconvenient for west coast players. Most weekend jobs aren't normal 9-5 jobs, they usually are more retail and service jobs that run later. Moving the time early just means more of these players can't participate.

My entire Guild of 70+ members online at the first CU was complaining about the time.

Quit your job if Tera is more important, if not, sucks to suck fam.

Since we're going that route.
    The only complains on my entire server that were voiced openly were from EU players.
    Out of our 50ish active accounts we had 45 people online for it.

You're telling us to quit our jobs if tera is more important and that it sucks to suck.
    When you were one of the people [filtered] and complaing about the old time.
    Some backwards logic there my friend.
  • Obviously there isn't a perfect time that would work for everyone, I just wanted to point out how the time shift didn't really fix the issues that the original time got complaints about, and actually added more potential issues in the process :/
  • If its a time zone problem, shouldn't it have started according to UTC timing instead?
  • Why just don't put it in sunday like the old alliance conflict? It was ok to everyone for years.
  • Thaaaaanks for changing the CU time. I live in Brazil and that time was really reaaaaaaally bad for us, especially now that will have summer time here. I'm happy that you found the problem and will fix it. =)
  • too bad they cant have more than once a week, like start on Friday and end on sunday. then maybe more people would be able to participate in it. just a thought.
  • edited October 2016
    Bluezcluez wrote: »
    If its a time zone problem, shouldn't it have started according to UTC timing instead?

The bug probably has something to do with it being at 02:00 UTC for whatever reason. They're probably the only region in the world that scheduled it to occur in the "early morning" (UTC). Perhaps there's some sort of countdown that tries to subtract from the hour and it was crossing the date line, or something.

I assume that when they schedule anything, they have to enter it in UTC, which is why a lot of things shift by an hour when DST starts/ends (since the server doesn't change). FWIW, having your servers in UTC is good and recommended practice, but places like Korea and Japan don't usually worry about it because they don't have Daylight Savings (and almost all their players are in their local timezone anyway). I was surprised that EU didn't do it, though (but their would still have been scheduled in some evening local time anyway).
  • Treeshark wrote: »
    Loveberri wrote: »
    IMO, the Civil Unrest time was fine. Its just a lot of people outside of this version's service region complained about it being a bad time for them. While I love my international people and guildies, times shouldn't be made inconvenient to actual NA players because of them. This time isn't terribly bad but old time allowed people to actually do stuff in the day and not have to schedule playing an in-game event vs real life Saturday activities. Be wary of making it any earlier to cater any further to non-NA players.

True, I wouldn't go any earlier. We did get quite a few complaints that 7pm PT was a little late for the ET folks and inconvenient for the PT folks because they like to eat dinner at this time.

So are you guys planning to do something about the Rally Quests that spawns at 5am PT?
  • versomyversomy
    edited October 2016
    5pm...[filtered] that now i can never do civil unrest...now there is no gvg and i cant do civil gg [filtered] this. Why can't civil be held twice a week one in the weekday. Why can't the times be changed on a weekly basis by 6 hours in either direction. You had complaints about the time, you will always have complaints when you have 1 event once a week. So instead of pissing off the people that did complain lets [filtered] off the people that were not complaining. GOOD CALL on that genius logic. WOW O ya, not to mention huge guilds like divine and desync will always win your civil event just like they always win the rally quest. Who thinks this garbage up.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, the Civil Unrest time was fine. Its just a lot of people outside of this version's service region complained about it being a bad time for them. While I love my international people and guildies, times shouldn't be made inconvenient to actual NA players because of them. This time isn't terribly bad but old time allowed people to actually do stuff in the day and not have to schedule playing an in-game event vs real life Saturday activities. Be wary of making it any earlier to cater any further to non-NA players.

You do realise the new time was not made with people outside NA in mind, right? It's still smack in the middle of the night for EU time zones and probably got worse for Australians and SEA players(if they are still allowed here) as it moved from morning to early morning. This was done for NA players from the other coast. Nobody else.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »

You do realise the new time was not made with people outside NA in mind, right? It's still smack in the middle of the night for EU time zones and probably got worse for Australians and SEA players(if they are still allowed here) as it moved from morning to early morning. This was done for NA players from the other coast. Nobody else.

True. They are complaining but they are the most privileged and with a perfect schedule to play CU. While a not-NA player has to adapt to their schedule. The event has 2 hours and if is possible to join one hour later or something like that just do it. Done.