[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

State of the game?

Comments

• I'm kind of wondering how you guys complained about getting VM when gearing that has become easier and easier, especially with events, contents and not to mention the holy DS dungeon which comes in the middle of every patch which quickens the process.

I mean- There were events you could've taken advantage of (MONGOOOOOO) and if you missed it, well too bad. But that doesn't deter you from not being able to gear yourself with VM. Getting mid-tier gears is quick and easy and from that is all about how you plan out on making gold and grinding out those enchantment mats. SSNM is able to be run with Slaughter and from that you already can run other dungeons like MM to get more mats. Putting in 2-3 hours a day doing vanguard/SSNM/MM could probably get you what you need and then all you need to do is run SSHM for the designs. That at the most only takes about at least 2 weeks of grinding if you are on everyday doing that. +15ing the gear depends on your RNG, my rates were 20-43 tries each because I was kind of lucky, and no, I didn't have time to take advantage of Mongo event. lol
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    He's not trolling. You guys are either extremely casual (as in less than 50 runs of dfhm/dfnm, < 30 runs of ssnm) or whiteknights.

Population is at an all time low. For a few reasons, but a major one being that they took out content (ds3) and added in a 1-day a week conflict that didn't work for 3 weeks. This left extremely easy dungeons (dfnm,dfhm,ssnm) and sshm all of which have basically no drops so once you have title might as well farm vanguards or do something else.

Upcoming content is re-hashed dungeon from 3 patches ago (which imo is too soon). Especially with 3 back to back perimos dungeon patches.

There are currently paywalls for passive pve buffs, they keep promising a non pay-option but were are at week 4. Theoretically at the end of the month, but in eme time that's really the new year.

Gear can be bought with gold and some rng - this is has been in place since the beginning tho so nothing new - however the new events give smart box boe of the BIS gear.

Class balance is heavily weighted to new class, current flavor of the month = ninja, upcoming flom = sorc.

New patch is coming in roughly 2-3 weeks, but we never know exactly when. Usually the day before the update.
  • DVSV is spot on. The +15 really made the game P2W and put that content out of reach for the vast majority of f2p players. The same was true for innerwear and now dragons. Buy boxes or grind for hours just for one box with an insanely low rate.

Back in the VM1 and VM2 days you just needed a skilled team and a few hours per week to get BiS gear. Heck I was rather casual and had BiS on a couple of alts back then. Now it is near impossible between patches.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    kubitoid wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Tera is F2P
    said man who got all his gear selling cash-shop stuff
    @kubitoid
    The only money I have spent on Tera is for Elite, I don't know how you managed to get the idea that I sell EMP.
  • Dvsv wrote: »
    *P2W factor: I rly think it's p2w or at least heading that way.
    It's not about "we can buy or grind everything in-game", it's more about "How much time we need to put to farm in-game as a 100 % free player vs a full P2W player".
    And atm, maybe it's like U$300 = 500+ Hrs worth of grinding?
    Now we need to farm mounts just to boost our dps (it was only a cosmetic thing when i started), as a free player we can't even farm dragon mounts in game (and even when/if they fix, it's another 200-500 Hr grind coming for "free players".).
    If ppl still think this game is not P2W: Go ahead, make a full +15 imp toon w/ 2x dragon mount, 20 crit inner and everything maxed without spending a single dime in this game. Idk if it's even possible as a 100% free player, maybe if u waste 12Hr+ a day and even then, there'll be new VM gear by the time the toon is done..

I can't care less if "mid-tier +12" is enough and bla bla, the fact is, if i can't gear a full BIS toon as a free player, then there's content locked behind a p2w wall...

just because you don't know how to make gold other than spending IRL money on EMP to sell, grind dungeons for vanguard credits or have bad RNG and cant +15 doesn't mean its "p2w" to +15 I've played this game for just over 1 year and I've been able to +15 my whole SF set and soon IMP set without spending a dime on this game, don't put your short comings on to other people because you want to have everything handed to you with minimal effort compared to people that put more effort in to the game.

There is no p2w wall, if you think there is you're just bad at your class or you run with bad people.
  • Jebbush, You just proved DVSV's point. Your +15 is a patch old with another patch coming soon. You do not have BiS gear and won't.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Dvsv wrote: »
    *Population: At least on AV, it's very low atm and it was very meh even when ninja patch hit NA. I think NA Tera got from 30K players to maybe ~3K on a 1.5 year time span. EME should just merger everything on just 2 big server next year, a PVP and PVE one.

The population has always been "low" according to the forums, anytime people talk about population it's always "low" and the game is "dead", even back when the population was supposedly "higher" people on forums still said it was "low" and the game was going to die by the end of next year. This is why asking the forums about population, or even most things, is always pointless.
    *P2W factor: I rly think it's p2w or at least heading that way.
    It's not about "we can buy or grind everything in-game", it's more about "How much time we need to put to farm in-game as a 100 % free player vs a full P2W player".
    And atm, maybe it's like U$300 = 500+ Hrs worth of grinding?
    Now we need to farm mounts just to boost our dps (it was only a cosmetic thing when i started), as a free player we can't even farm dragon mounts in game (and even when/if they fix, it's another 200-500 Hr grind coming for "free players".).
    If ppl still think this game is not P2W: Go ahead, make a full +15 imp toon w/ 2x dragon mount, 20 crit inner and everything maxed without spending a single dime in this game. Idk if it's even possible as a 100% free player, maybe if u waste 12Hr+ a day and even then, there'll be new VM gear by the time the toon is done..

I have several +15 pieces on more than 1 character, have funded other people's +15 Imperator as well, along with paying for other people's expensive cosmetics and mounts. I did not make any gold off EMP to accomplish this originally. I had not personally spent a penny on Tera until a couple months ago as well. I don't even do the whole play the broker thing much either, or really try to make gold. I don't even have a ton of gold to begin with.
    I can't care less if "mid-tier +12" is enough and bla bla, the fact is, if i can't gear a full BIS toon as a free player, then there's content locked behind a p2w wall...

Maybe you can't, but that's your fault, and nothing to do with "pay to win". Is EME or BHS really at fault that some of you don't know how to manage your gold or resources? You remind me of those people who blame governments for being "poor" when they have over priced iphones and fancy cars.
    I was a hardcore 100% free player and the most i could gear was a +15 previous patch VM , +12 VM gloves and rest mid-tier, just the +15 VM weapon alone was enough tor burn all of my FOD/MWA resource (i.e: 2 months of farming). A casual P2W player can gear much more than me and if u're a casual free player, just quit the game after 1~2 month and don't bother w/ anything better than mid-tier +12.

Being hardcore doesn't mean you will get best in slot if you don't make proper use of your time.
    Perpetual class balance issues: I'll not argue anymore, this is just BHS's line of thought, they just think that if there's a insanely OP class every patch everyone will reroll and that's more EMP sales. They can't care less about gaming experience.
    Even if they fix and buff everything arround Ninja DPS, there'll be a much more broken class next year and everything will be messed again, and we gonna see the same "old class balance promisses"..

Tera will be never a remotely balanced game, period..

The community doesn't want balance anyways. They want what ever class they play to be over powered and BHS will keep buffing and adding new abilities to satisfy the people playing their classes.

• Jebbush, You just proved DVSV's point. Your +15 is a patch old with another patch coming soon. You do not have BiS gear and won't.

you think i cant +15 my new set gear because I cant? I could +15 the whole set if i wanted but i choose not to because I already have +15ed the weapon and im going to get the new vm8 set to +15, how does that prove DVSV's point??? explain?

Being able to +15 and not and then trying to get everything handed to you because you're unable to use your time in the game efficiently to get the materials to +15 is not my problem, its yours and yours alone.
  • The population heavily declined and continuing to do so , the ones saying otherwise are scared to face the facts and im talking about AFTER a merger of the dead servers its still not many people. Its far from barren but thriving? Yeah 2 yrs back lol. Oh the optimization is just horrible unless you have a computer thats overkill (or supposed overkill) and that should never have to be a requirement. What the original said was correct but most people are old players scared to hell to admit. Tera is going down the shitter.
  • About dragons; my friend farmed up some gold, bought 2 rng loot boxes of the broker, and got a dragon. So, technically not only available by buying emp.
  • tera is f2p, so download it and give it a try. only you ( the op ) can really decide if it is worth playing or not. you didn't really state what you were wanting to do in your post be it pvp or pve, or a little of both, or if you were going to play hard or anything else. it is a free to play game...game...something to pass your free time with. some people play tera as if it is their life, nothing wrong with that. some only have an hour or 2 to play, nothing wrong with that either. its a beautiful game, and it can be fun, depending on the attitude you come into it with. again, only you can determine if you like it or not. if you decide you don't like it, you can uninstall it and move on to a different game. my advice would be to take your time leveling up to 65, and savor the content that tera has to offer. don't get so caught up in the whole making gold or +15 gear, take your time. if you do want the cosmetic items, it is cheaper for you to swipe your credit card for it ( time wise ). don't make the mistake of rushing to get to level 65 only to be limited to a few things to do. but if that's how you want to play, then again there is nothing wrong with that. good luck and have fun.
  • Jebbush, DVSV is saying there isn't enough time to get BiS gear between patches for players that don't pay. You try to prove him wrong saying after a year you have +15 SF gear. Your gear is old gear, therefore you failed to +15 between patches. If you had full +15 Imp and never used the cash shop than you'd have proved DVSV wrong in a singular case. Even then, you'd be the exception not the rule. You also don't seem to realized that they change enchantment rates for gear each patch and roll feedstock tiers. It is much cheaper to +15 SF than Imp.