The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Class woe's

So I'm having trouble deciding which class I should make my main. I have a ninja though I find the class to be too simple. Basically press "Spacebar" the whole time. So I re-rolled a gunner which I'm liking so far, although. They seem to be lacking in skills. Only 18 is kind of disappointing. So, that brings me to my next class I'm interested in the Zerker/Warrior/Brawler/Sorc(Maybe with new Sorc update). What are your opinions on which class I should make?

P.S. I'm not interested in Priest, Mystic, Archer, Lancer, Reaper, or Slayer.

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want something that is a challenge, go Warrior and master the art of Warrior tanking. Sorcerers will get a lot more interesting with the sorc revamp.
  • Depends on what you want to do with it. PvE or PvP?

But if number of skills is an issue, brawler also has very few skills.
  • What about Zerkers? Whats your opinion on them?
  • Yeah I noticed that too for Brawler. Mix of both PvE and PvP is what I want to do.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me, Zerkers are very straight forward. They also have a low amount of skills. But if you are into charging your skills for a massive burst of damage, then you might like Zerkers. They are kinda hard to learn in PvP, but once you do, all you gotta do is knockdown someone and they are as good as death.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    AeroCode wrote: »
    So I'm having trouble deciding which class I should make my main. I have a ninja though I find the class to be too simple. Basically press "Spacebar" the whole time. So I re-rolled a gunner which I'm liking so far, although. They seem to be lacking in skills. Only 18 is kind of disappointing. So, that brings me to my next class I'm interested in the Zerker/Warrior/Brawler/Sorc(Maybe with new Sorc update). What are your opinions on which class I should make?

P.S. I'm not interested in Priest, Mystic, Archer, Lancer, Reaper, or Slayer.

sorcerer will shine in 2 weeks B)

how you was able to stay alive with spacebar ninja ? it is impossible to no die with spacebar ninja
  • That sounds pretty cool. They have 29 skills in total that's quite a bit, no?
  • Including Evasive Roll and such that is :P
  • Yeah, Ninja was way too easy I found. Not really into Elin's either. Just thought I'd try a Ninja cause it was new and all.
  • Most people consider zerker pretty hard to get good with, they can hit super hard in pve and PvP. Like warrior, zerker in PvP sees more success in small fights usually. In pve they can do great damage, the only thing is the lack of iframes so certain dungeons can be pretty tricky to survive in.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    The total number of skills dont matter. Most of classes only use up to 10 skills in order to be eficient in doing damage
  • AkthanakosAkthanakos ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    thekor wrote: »
    the fact evasive roll and Esmash are also becoming 2 seconds longer in cool down instead of just 12 seconds for esmash and 8 seconds for evasive roll. its freaking 14 second esmash and 10 second evasive roll.
    while i agree with most things you said, you got the numbers horribly wrong. It's Evasive Roll Cooldown decreased from 6 to 5. Evasive Smash Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 and also a new glyph. So all in all, you can just sub the old 3 point of evasive roll glyph into the new eva smash and everything stays rougly the same.
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    Akthanakos wrote: »
    thekor wrote: »
    the fact evasive roll and Esmash are also becoming 2 seconds longer in cool down instead of just 12 seconds for esmash and 8 seconds for evasive roll. its freaking 14 second esmash and 10 second evasive roll.
    while i agree with most things you said, you got the numbers horribly wrong. It's Evasive Roll Cooldown decreased from 6 to 5. Evasive Smash Cooldown increased from 10 to 12 and also a new glyph. So all in all, you can just sub the old 3 point of evasive roll glyph into the new eva smash and everything stays rougly the same.

Without Glyphs, E-Roll is 6 seconds. With, 4.5 seconds. So since they are taking its glyph away, it is now going to take half a second longer to recharge. Q_Q When there are other classes who can iframe at least twice in that same timeframe.

"zerker clas sis this way because its supposed to rely on its block to survive but in hardmode there is no such thing as blocking."

There used to be, but things went downhill with the 65 patch and more and more iframing and quick movement was needed to survive. So we are built for blocking in a game where blocking rarely works. Woohoo.
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    To be honest, you should go with the class you like esp Zerker as its pretty cool to play with. Say, dont listen to whoever tells you this class is the worst in PvE or a floormat in PvE. Once you know what youre doing, you will realise its even easier to survive + dealing damage at the same time on zerk than other classes - at some point.

Leaping strike and Lethal strike to get out of things "sometime but not often"? I dont know, if youre a really exp Zerk in PvE and still saying this.. eh. I use those skills ALOT even with my 250-300 ping.

Im not the best Zerker, but i know Zerker isnt in a bad shape. There's no bad classes just inexp players.

About Block, when you dont see zerkers bother to block, its not because their block is utter garbage, its because blocking is a waste of time. As you get more exp with the dungeon, you will figure out how to maximize your dps while other ppl are busy iframing things.

Chasing the boss while charging but your speed too low? Who chases bosses while charging cyclone (basically the only skill that you want to charge up with low movement speed) JUST TO SPIN??, If you chase a boss you either charge TS or if you charge Cyclone you want to chain it into ESmash - thats what i usually do.

About the so called "Overpowered" classes. Well, if you really think they're that "OP", try them and see if they really are "to you". I said "to you" because sometimes at your current experience level, the OP classes will seem weaker than the legacy classes (My ninja in Slaughter only did 700k best in DFhm har har while my Lucid War did almost 900k in there same healers and tank)

If you want to know how zerker does in PvE, look up the Guide in Essentialmana - found it for you -, there is a zerk guide there and the poster has prof that he is an exp zerk himself. Look how he plays and if you think thats some great plays then listen to him, thats what i do, i will listen to exp players if i want to know about something.

Few of my records on Zerk, not the best but i consider myself -not that bad- with my casual level and 250-300 ping, these from SSh first boss, learning mystic who barely kept up her VoC.
    5ppIjxX.png
    hPhKZNP.png

Just play what you like :awesome: .
  • Yeah, I'm having a hard time deciding what I like though. I tried my Slayer again even though last time it seemed like I was taking way too much damage. Although I do find the class fun. Are Slayers in the top Meta nowadays or are the nerf'ed to hell?