[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Guild quests

im a founder player returning to the game after a 3 year break.And i find my self at a lose for the new guild settup. i cant understand for the life of me why all the quests are aimed at max lvl.i wanted a small guild for me and some real life friends but since i changed servers and started at lvl 1 again just now hit 26 theres not 1 guild quest i can actually do and im the learder.This seems very broken im my veiw.As a 30 year veteran mmo player there should be ways for everyone in a guild to pitch in and contribute not just money wise either.

Comments

• holy shet, what mmo did you play back in 1986? but about your topic: lvling is something so easy to do now that BHS thought it would be a waste of time and effort to add guild quests for low lvl dungeons and such. I started a new character 2 days ago on a new server too and it's lvl 30 right now, but I 've only played it for like 3 hours total, so within 1 hour of gameplay you advance like 10 lvls and you can't do the previous low lvl instance anymore, so you think it makes sense to add such guild quests for them?
  • JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I think he meant he's 30. But I agree with the message. Guild quests were completed long before i got on and the 6 am rally quest is laughable for NA servers. Not that it matters it's just botted anyway
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Yberion wrote: »
    holy shet, what mmo did you play back in 1986?
    Sounds like Pong Online. You played a stick and party up with 4 other sticks to kick a dot. As there was no HP/Mana at that time as well as no drops, you could only work with DKP to determine who got the first kick on the next stick. B)

On a serious note:
    The guild quests from the village boards you're talking about are gone long ago. Instead we recently have the Civil Unrest: Velika (CU:V) guild quest active. As stated above, leveling in Tera is way easier than 3 years ago. Looking back at e.g. the ninja release event, a lot of people leveled from 1-65 within 24 real life hours. This is why there's no need to put in a guid quest that lacks members of the approbiate level range. Just imagine a guild quest for 5 members, range lvl20-30. As you stated, you hit lvl 26 in one go. So you will go over lvl30 the next login.

Just yesterday someone was joking that by korean standards, the leveling time takes 5h from 1-65. This is a bit off, but usually you get to max lvl within 15h if you're a returning player.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    holy shet, what mmo did you play back in 1986? but about your topic: lvling is something so easy to do now that BHS thought it would be a waste of time and effort to add guild quests for low lvl dungeons and such. I started a new character 2 days ago on a new server too and it's lvl 30 right now, but I 've only played it for like 3 hours total, so within 1 hour of gameplay you advance like 10 lvls and you can't do the previous low lvl instance anymore, so you think it makes sense to add such guild quests for them?

You CAN do low level dungeons even at 65. You just can't IMS for them.

But the main reason why guild quests are at level cap is really simple.

If you actually know what you are doing, you level VERY quickly with the new system. If you aren't the kind that only plays for 30 mins a day, you can easily hit level 65 in less than a week. Even when I can only play on weekends, I can get an alt to 65 without Kuma battleground with near 0 effort.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    aeee98 wrote: »
    holy shet, what mmo did you play back in 1986? but about your topic: lvling is something so easy to do now that BHS thought it would be a waste of time and effort to add guild quests for low lvl dungeons and such. I started a new character 2 days ago on a new server too and it's lvl 30 right now, but I 've only played it for like 3 hours total, so within 1 hour of gameplay you advance like 10 lvls and you can't do the previous low lvl instance anymore, so you think it makes sense to add such guild quests for them?

You CAN do low level dungeons even at 65. You just can't IMS for them.

But the main reason why guild quests are at level cap is really simple.

If you actually know what you are doing, you level VERY quickly with the new system. If you aren't the kind that only plays for 30 mins a day, you can easily hit level 65 in less than a week. Even when I can only play on weekends, I can get an alt to 65 without Kuma battleground with near 0 effort.

Even if you played 30 minutes/day it wouldn't take much more than a week to reach 65 if you know how to level. If you played more it would only take a part of a single day up to a few days. Issue is, most people who are new or been gone long generally don't know how to level efficiently. Guides on leveling that are found frequently tend to be outdated.
  • i get the point of what you saying about xp but that wasnt my actual point. and i apreciate the responses. my point was being able to lvl your guild itself without haveing to be max lvl but i can see how that wouldnt be much of an ishue since im lvling really fast but it still would have been fun to get a lvl or 2 into the guild before i was max or something for people who work alot and want a small guild of friends who dont have alot of time to play but would still like a guild bank.
  • and im actually 37 was a bit of an overstatement but i think most get my point ive been around the gameing world for a bit lol.
  • I understand the feeling. I joined a guild when I was low 20s, and I saw them trying to do quests, with me unable to even participate in the simplest ones like gathering until recently. There's not much you can do until you reach 65, and it sucks, but that's how it works, unfortunately.
  • Guild banks don't exist anymore as a perk every new guild has, you have to have leveled your guild to above 40(?) and then use 10 points per tab (you get one per guild level).
  • @Asumiyan Wait, really? Wow, my poor guild is still only level 7, we've got a long way to go before even getting the bank...
  • arimes36 wrote: »
    would have been fun to get a lvl or 2 into the guild
    You may not see it at this point, but getting the first levels is super fast. You run a bit Channelworks or Kelivans Challenge for some days and there you have it.
  • The guild bank is level 30 (costs 10 skill points per tab).

Well, i run a solo guild with all 12 classes at 65, and its a pita to level it up. However, whats most annoying is the 4 gathering missions (you cannot do even a single one with one account unless you get a PP reset) as well as the stupid PvP quests. They should either remove or at least reduce the amount of those when the guild has been assinged as a dedicated PvE guild.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    arimes36 wrote: »
    i get the point of what you saying about xp but that wasnt my actual point. and i apreciate the responses. my point was being able to lvl your guild itself without haveing to be max lvl but i can see how that wouldnt be much of an ishue since im lvling really fast but it still would have been fun to get a lvl or 2 into the guild before i was max or something for people who work alot and want a small guild of friends who dont have alot of time to play but would still like a guild bank.

Guild quests is end game content, get to 65 and you can start leveling your guild.