Fraywind is now equalized

Comments

• LL73TTKKA9 wrote: »
    this is awesome nowevery1 actually likes fwc now u actually gotta play with skill instead of gear haha :hurrah:

i guess youre one of those people who blamed their gear being inferior to his opponents when he died when it was actually just him being bad. eq gear is horribly balanced, classes with bursty combos will oneshot everybody with them. and forget about getting healed, cus eq gear sucks extra horrible for healers.
    this is awesome nowevery1 actually likes fwc now u actually gotta play with skill instead of gear haha :hurrah:

rip healers
    this is awesome now every1 actually hates fwc now u actually gotta play with braindead classes instead of gear or actual skills haha :hurrah:

Fixed it for you.
    Digivolve wrote: »
    It's not skill over gear. EQ gear greatly favors some classes and puts other even more on the bottom of the ladder. Not to mention healers getting easily combo'd to death. Way too easy.

This. So much this. The upcoming class revamp does not balance for PvP so you will be expecting revamped and braindead classes to be facerolling people. I will be certain that you will see TB definitely one shotting people from behind if someone ever gets cheesed.
  • do we just break down our conflate gear for fs now
  • ratedXratedX ✭✭✭
    do we just break down our conflate gear for fs now

It's still going to be useful for CU, Open world Pvp and Dueling!
    But with the removal of GvG's and The Alliance and now making Battlegrounds Equalized? ya...
    You could, but i would still hold on to the gear :+1:
  • Good to see EME and BHS are gettin on the right path.

Now that those useles PvPs pp are going to quit this game we can concentrate on what really matter the most.

Bye Bye P2W days for You and Welcome to the new balance to the game.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing is, I have seen this happening when people QQ about FF merge, and no one was really mad in the new server.

Then I am pretty sure those people who actually just do FWC for bonanzas will think they will actually finally start to win in FWC when actually they are still bad at the game.

A lot of skills can one/two shot people in EQ gear btw, trivialising the fight from the get go. It is one of the reasons why I didn't really like CS's EQ gear. If they actually buff the EQ gear I wouldn't even complain that much.
  • The underlying problems with unequal BG is class imbalance compounded with gear imbalance. Given that stupid +15 exists, equalizing pvp is a step towards the right direction. +15 needs to be removed or made useless. But the problem with equalizing gear is that it's only half of the job. Classes need to be equalized too. Because we have dumb classes like reaper and gunner, what everyone else said about equalized gear being unequal is true. I don't even think Conflate was a very good idea. It's just a band-aid that sort of cover up inherent class imbalances.

I'll still say (copy-paste) the only real solution again for BHS:
    - Remove +15
    - Remove or significantly nerf reaper, brawler, gunner
    - Balance the gears (best gear must be less than 3% better than 2nd best gear, new gear must be less than 3% better than current gear)
  • edited October 2016
    The Lowest Common Denominator

To say I am extremely disappointed with the battleground equalized fiasco is an understatement. I will not linger on the fact that no one asked for it, and that the reception of such a change in EU (and NA by extent) by the players should have raised big red flags in EME's offices.

The biggest sign such a change reveals, is that the devs are trying to dumb down the game. Granted, the many consummables were a big mess and needed to be revamped. But now, the last customization the players had regarding their playstyle is gone. If the only change we as players can make is the costume and the mount, I'm out.

People should realise that equalized gear in bgs:
    - gimps their playstyle
    - favor certain classes over others
    - reduce social interactions
    - is a very bad teaching tool
    - makes people ignorant about their classes

Remember those discussions about whether or not you should go for unyielding or grounded etchings? Gone.

Remember those people in highwatch or velika adamantly arguing about a full power build, or a mix of power and crit? Gone. Hell that's how half my friend list started.

Remember those people happy at finally getting that tier 3 energetic on gloves and more reliably getting their combos off with that extra 1.5% attack speed? Gone.

Regen builds, full HP builds, crit resist builds, cooldown builds, attack speed builds, power builds, min-maxing every single line of gear? Gone.

If gear was an issue in BGs, the solution was easy, give everyone free conflate gear. People would still have been able to chose and roll for the playstyle they wanted, practice, and get better at their builds. You'd have ended up with better players overall.

Now we have a pvp fast food drive through : choose class, queue, win or lose there is no point in thinking about what did and didn't work anyway since all you can change are crystals.

In a game that is all about progression, this change is completely baffling.

I do not want to play a game that treats me like an idiot incapable of analysing issues and choosing a solution. That is were the fun is. The whole point of mmos is to figure how things work.
  • ratedX wrote: »
    do we just break down our conflate gear for fs now

It's still going to be useful for CU, Open world Pvp and Dueling!
    But with the removal of GvG's and The Alliance and now making Battlegrounds Equalized? ya...
    You could, but i would still hold on to the gear :+1:

Don't forget team 3s, team 3s isn't equalized!
  • All that time/gold wasted for crafting conflate for two characters to use in FWC. Sigh....
    Tera is my favorite MMO but I think it might be time to take a break from this game
  • Valravn wrote: »
    All that time/gold wasted for crafting conflate for two characters to use in FWC. Sigh....
    Tera is my favorite MMO but I think it might be time to take a break from this game

It's not completely wasted, you can use your conflate in team 3s!
  • Consonance wrote: »
    Valravn wrote: »
    All that time/gold wasted for crafting conflate for two characters to use in FWC. Sigh....

It's not completely wasted, you can use your conflate in team 3s!

I'm well aware of that. I could also use it in CU and duels if that's what I wanted. The thing is that I crafted Conflate specifically for FWC because that's what I enjoy
  • edited October 2016
    Another point people might have missed about eq FWC :

- perfect dyads become a lot more powerfull (relentlessly reds, etc)
    - guild skills are a lot stronger on equalized gear (6k HP from guild skill is much stronger on a 110k HP pool than on a 150k one)

Just an example : a newcomer non guilded with fine niveots from the vanguard merchant will have 15k HP less than someone with relentlessly red dyads, blue HP dyads and the guild HP increase skill.

15k HP on an HP pool of ~110k is nuts, all the more when adding in the +5 endurance from guild skill.

It's the same for dmg increase via +power from guild, +crit power from red dyads, etc.

If you think equalized means everyone is equal, it does not.
  • Brynnhildr wrote: »
    Another point people might have missed about eq FWC :

- perfect dyads become a lot more powerfull (relentlessly reds, etc)
    - guild skills are a lot stronger on equalized gear (6k HP from guild skill is much stronger on a 110k HP pool than on a 150k one)

Just an example : a newcomer non guilded with fine niveots from the vanguard merchant will have 15k HP less than someone with relentlessly red dyads, blue HP dyads and the guild HP increase skill.

15k HP on an HP pool of ~110k is nuts, all the more when adding in the +5 endurance from guild skill.

It's the same for dmg increase via +power from guild, +crit power from red dyads, etc.

If you think equalized means everyone is equal, it does not.

Relentless reds aren't perfect dyads man...