[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Signs

Comments

• could just put m in the fed bill store so people cant buy 10000000 at a time >.>
  • CallaCalla ✭✭✭
    Really disappointed I missed the signs ;-; pls add to fed bill merch and maybe make em like campfires where you can't use them within a reasonable distance of each other?
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Ztoka wrote: »
    Was gonna say the same thing pretty much Ryou. We had signs a year or two ago, they got killed I think in the first day. Now we get them back again and they are insta killed. WTF?! Why bring something back just to kill it right away. Didn't you (EME) learn anything from the last time you did this sign fail?

They weren't intentionally brought back. The merchant contents were changed/reverted as part of the build and, due to lacking QA, they didn't catch it before it went live.

This is correct. They were automatically re-added to the merchant for some reason. Signs weren't supposed to be brought back. They cause a lot of problems with players harassing others, and they make a lot of extra work for our Customer Support team which means everyone else's support issues take longer to get resolved.

Spacecats, i appreciate the info and allow me to ask something of you. You been very communicative with the community, and we all appreciate that. The Half/Quarter Day signs are one of those items in game that are simple, yet have so much impact in game, if you look at it on the bright side. They were actually re introduced soon after they got removed the first time, with a "Better" word filter. Unfortunately, 5 minutes after their re introduction, they were removed once again because some idiots were very creative in writing profanity avoiding the filters. This was very unfair on pretty much everyone who wanted to get them. Because of a minority of people who thought it would be fun to spout profanity and insult other players with those signs, we the majority are punished by not being able to get them.

Its been roughly 2 years and EME still has said absolutely nothing about putting them back into the game. I ask of you to please update your people at EME and tell them we WANT those signs back into the game. If it is too difficult to put them back into the game due to players spamming profanity and other stuff, please, ASK US! THE PLAYERS! We have ideas on how to put items in the game. Asking your playerbase about how to add stuff is definitely worth a try. Please, these items, alongside with the Dragon Fireworks (which got fixed already, yet they are still not in the game) should be available in game ever since 2 years ago. It is not fair that only 1 in 100 players in TERA have those signs just because they logged in first to hoard them before you guys removed them ONCE AGAIN.
  • If there is going to be considering about bringing the signs back again, I really think we need to consider carefully how many people can get. I've played in TERA EU where these are available, and to be frank, I find them tacky and that people use them for stupid, frivolous reasons that basically amount to spam (even if they're not spewing profanity or anything that would get them clearly moderated). I'm sure that some people will have actual good uses for them, but I can't say that I miss them in our build. (Just like I'm happy they never introduced the megaphone in our build either.)

I don't think the issue is a lack of ideas on how to put them back in the game, it's more a question of a) how much will it cost (time/money) to implement, and b) is it worth it for this minor feature. I don't think it's the sort of thing where the clear and obvious benefit of having it makes it automatically worth the cost. (And, FWIW, same with dragon fireworks. They're cool and all, but the spam was unbearable even aside from whether it was lagging people. Unless there are severe anti-spam measures in place and costs to make it so people can't get thousands of them, I don't really see the huge loss in leaving them out.)
  • RyouRyou ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    ASK US! THE PLAYERS!

See your under the impression that Nexon cares about the players. EME can care all they want but guess what they dance to Nexons tune. The people who are really in charge could care less. See the dragon mounts. They want your money, they don't care about frivolous things that won't bring in cash.

Maybe they'll bring back signs but lock it behind a 6 month grind for one sign.

If what the players wanted mattered, RNG boxes wouldn't require spending $100 to get one item.

If what the players wanted mattered, we wouldn't have content constantly removed.

If what the players wanted mattered, you wouldn't have patches that aren't play tested and just thrown up on the servers. With missing items all over the place and reset scrolls not working.

If what the players wanted mattered, the original system for the dragon mounts would have been in game.

If what the players wanted mattered, they wouldn't have made PVP gear irrelevant in this game.
  • What is this about signs? Anyone have a screenshot of one? I must have missed this.
  • SpacecatsSpacecats ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Ztoka wrote: »
    Was gonna say the same thing pretty much Ryou. We had signs a year or two ago, they got killed I think in the first day. Now we get them back again and they are insta killed. WTF?! Why bring something back just to kill it right away. Didn't you (EME) learn anything from the last time you did this sign fail?

They weren't intentionally brought back. The merchant contents were changed/reverted as part of the build and, due to lacking QA, they didn't catch it before it went live.

This is correct. They were automatically re-added to the merchant for some reason. Signs weren't supposed to be brought back. They cause a lot of problems with players harassing others, and they make a lot of extra work for our Customer Support team which means everyone else's support issues take longer to get resolved.

Spacecats, i appreciate the info and allow me to ask something of you. You been very communicative with the community, and we all appreciate that. The Half/Quarter Day signs are one of those items in game that are simple, yet have so much impact in game, if you look at it on the bright side. They were actually re introduced soon after they got removed the first time, with a "Better" word filter. Unfortunately, 5 minutes after their re introduction, they were removed once again because some idiots were very creative in writing profanity avoiding the filters. This was very unfair on pretty much everyone who wanted to get them. Because of a minority of people who thought it would be fun to spout profanity and insult other players with those signs, we the majority are punished by not being able to get them.

Its been roughly 2 years and EME still has said absolutely nothing about putting them back into the game. I ask of you to please update your people at EME and tell them we WANT those signs back into the game. If it is too difficult to put them back into the game due to players spamming profanity and other stuff, please, ASK US! THE PLAYERS! We have ideas on how to put items in the game. Asking your playerbase about how to add stuff is definitely worth a try. Please, these items, alongside with the Dragon Fireworks (which got fixed already, yet they are still not in the game) should be available in game ever since 2 years ago. It is not fair that only 1 in 100 players in TERA have those signs just because they logged in first to hoard them before you guys removed them ONCE AGAIN.

I appreciate where you're coming from, Zoknahal. I'll raise the issue again with the En Masse team. If I remember right, one of the primary concerns is Customer Support, and the trolling/spamming/reporting/bickering that occurs due to the use of these signs. I know they're fun (I've played around with them myself and I like them), but it was decided quite some time ago that they're way more trouble than they're worth.

Since today's mishap added them back to player inventories, I'm curious to see how much trouble is caused from their reappearance. Maybe this is a good chance to see players using them for fun and not to annoy others.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    They're removed as of about 90 minutes ago.

How about removing the AS from the buff and making it crit for healers? Or removing EQ Fraywind? Or reverting the BG credits change? Or removing Lightning Trap like you should have done with rework?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazzratta wrote: »
    Please for the love of all things MMO, REMOVE THOSE DARN SIGNS. They're spammed in every major city, making it SUPER laggy and really really ugly. It's added more clutter, and all in all, is just the most pointless thing to have. They have no purpose other than to cause lag. Please remove them. Thanks.

but we see nice joke in these signs, for exemple eme ... B)
  • Bring them back please :( why must everything fun be taken away </3
  • Maybe stop writing obscenities on them.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    I think the trolling will pass with the time. You locked the signs for so long and when players had the chance to get, they did exactly the reason it was removed. Take a time and i believe the trolling / spamming will decrease.
  • CallaCalla ✭✭✭
    Ketoth wrote: »
    I think the trolling will pass with the time. You locked the signs for so long and when players had the chance to get, they did exactly the reason it was removed. Take a time and i believe the trolling / spamming will decrease.

I agree, though I think they should place a limiter on how close you can put them together, similar to how campfires functioned, to help with them being 'spammed', and maybe give them like a 12hr cd?
  • Otorinth wrote: »
    Maybe stop writing obscenities on them.

But the game is 18+? I don't see why they can't just let it slide...or, better idea, if it really is such a problem why don't they re-release the signs and put a FILTER on it? Like how the names have filters. Signs have the potential to be fun, you can use them for interactive games and even let people know of nearby player-run events. @Spacecats , could you please bring this up? Bringing signs back but adding a filter?