and PVP PLAYERS say bye bye?

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Borsuc wrote: »
    Why is unequalized less "pure" PvP than equalized? Simple. You need to enchant that Conflate. What part of enchanting is PvP...???????????!?!!?!?!? You NEED to do a process that is not PvP, and you call yourself Pure PvP?

Don't kid yourself. You're not a pure PvP player, you're a wannabe. It's too funny.

A pure PvP player supports *EVERYTHING* equalized because then ALL he does is PvP and not against 1-shot people (that's not PvP either, it's player versus dummy).

Go look up what Pure means in a dictionary.

When BHS know what stats/rolls you need for a balanced BG eq set. But when you get that faceroll from a reaper, gunner, sorc because of a classes' kit and the gears itself is lacking which leads to more imbalances. Some classes doesn't benefit at all while others classes damage out scales the gears itself. And enchanting is neither pvp or pve, it's a mechanic for players to utilize to make their gears stronger. Just like a FPS game where a player can choose perks he unlocked or whatever. Both gives something to give leverage to the players. And surely, feeds and such are also obtainable through pvp via BG.

You're just diluting his argument because the word, "pure" triggered you. It's still PvP nonetheless because those that made the gears for PvP is for PvP, and most that do have a PvP set are usually always pvping most of the time. Now, there's less options to use it for (only CU and team 3s are left) and the Conflate set itself was a good balance against +15 "one-shotters".
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @Borsuc
    hung up on one word way too hard.

levelling : I haven't levelled a char in Tera since 60 scroll was brought in. 60-65? that's a joke

gear: conflat is Pvp creds and ingots or even my VM bought off broker with gold from emp

accessories: again Pvp creds and paid others to craft

I don't do iod
    I have not been in a HM dungeon since the queen.

unsure how much more pure you can get from that. I'm sure I missed something too...

my problem is the total lack of customization that eq gear brings. besides that the obvious classes that are overpowered and under powered because well eq gear is garbage in Tera and anyone who's played with it will tell you the same... that is if they know what they're talking about.
  • darkstriker07darkstriker07 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    MW54WC5MC9 wrote: »
    Thank You EME, Thank You BHS.

Now that the troublemakers are going to flee, we could get things on the right path.

Bye bye P2W pp.

so pvp players are the ones that purely swipe and get gear carried? even more ironic that game has took a giant step to be p2w on top of this idiocy lol. gear matters little in the pvp of this game. you just need to stop afking in highwatch from time to time to get that "p2w" gear.
    4YXA7YMJXY wrote: »
    Yep, this patch will see a good portion of what was left of the PvP community exit the game.

And good riddance honestly. Id rather pvp with more casual humble players than with those try hards inspecting warriors and who run OP geared premade's just for dailies and farm on weaker players.

the most pvp players i know are far less elitist than those who pve. and ive been in quite a bunch of top tier pvp guilds as well. if you try to get into a bg without proper crystals which costs nothing and cry when people tell you get them, its your fault. not those "elitists".
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Koikoi wrote: »
    my problem is the total lack of customization that eq gear brings. besides that the obvious classes that are overpowered and under powered because well eq gear is garbage in Tera and anyone who's played with it will tell you the same... that is if they know what they're talking about.
    This reply is also to Mikazuki but I didn't want to quote him also.

So then why not tell Spacecats to ask BHS to change the EQ gear??? It can't be that hard since they already added stats to jewelry easily. I mean, seriously, if that is your reason then tell Spacecats to ask BHS for something proper. I'm sure this will benefit the entire game as not only will they hopefully change the EQ gear, but also make them understand what players find good in PvP which is healthy in the long term for the ENTIRE game's PvP (not just BGs).

But btw, almost all pure PvP games do not have stuff to unlock or make you stronger (well, characters don't count, because well that's like unlocking a reaper with lv40 char) because that's a stupid PvE mechanic. Pure PvP games have nothing but PvP, no farming or progression or "getting slaughtered till you get the gear for a few weeks" part. That's not PvP that's a waste of time.

Look at Overwatch, for instance, which is one. Blizzard made the progression cosmetic-only on purpose and even SAID so, compared to say, World of Warcraft of theirs, which is not Pure PvP and they admit it. Now, even WoW is actually equalized with last expansion, but not "fully" (heck TERA isn't either, even in EQ BGs). There's still about 8% difference at most (top tier vs entry), but the stats are the same just different numbers (that 8% more). But then again even EQ FWC is not fully equalized either, so I fail to see how TERA's eq PvP is different. In fact the difference is probably bigger, if you include the guild skills and dyads, not just glyphs.

You guys are living in the near-term past. The original PvP games had zero progression to begin with, and these days the trend for MMOs is to equalize PvP. I mean seriously, even WoW did it, the one MMO everyone compares with. It's not even the first one with this trend, GW2 started it, then followed B&S, World of Tanks, Dragon's Nest, etc.

Realize this fact already. UNEQ makes this the odd ball right now. Statistically, this is the "black sheep" of modern MMOs.
  • Koikoi wrote: »
    @MW54WC5MC9

Bye p2w? Bye profit to EME? Bye Tera?

Stop looking at p2w or p2 convience as a bad thing. You fail to see how it benefits you as a player or the f2p community. I know they aren't the ones paying for this game to stay alive.

I spent over 2k bucks on cosmetics this year, How much do you spend in this game?

So bye bye P2W pp who aren't needed.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Sorry I forgot to mention 2 things:

1) I'm a "Pure" PvP player, I do nothing but PvP in this game and these days do PvE when I have to farm something unattainable. (depending on region, like on EU for example). However I despise this and would like it gone, so I'd prefer if everything was equalized just so I could literally do nothing but PvP. So there's my stance, not that of a "carebear who wants to go into PvP".

2) A real PvPer is confident in his skills. He doesn't need stat boosts during his PvPing, if the enemy has the same stats (not stronger), because by virtue of his PvP-time and training, he knows he will defeat PvE players.

A PvP player that wants a stat advantage over "carebears in PvE gear" to win is not a PvP player, it's one who's so bad at PvPing that his entire time spent PvPing nets him a loss against a player that does mainly PvE. Laughable.

I'm not referring to anyone in particular in this thread, but I know some of these people will read this post.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @Borsuc
    Is Tera not a gear based progression mmorpg? that is quite all that Tera is... we get new gear every 6mo. If we are not allowed to use that gear in pve and Pvp.... well. it may be "modern" to go into the eq direction. but Tera's setup and game play is not meant for it what so ever.

tbh I don't think NA Tera's player base is interested in eq. the majority of people iv talked to regarding the bg change have literally hated it and are sitting on the fence deciding if they stay or leave the game period.

Why not ask for better eq gear ? customization. it's little but the difference is enough to not want eq.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Not a single one of the MMOs I listed were not gear-based at the beginning, except for GW2. GW2 was the only one with EQ from the start.

It might surprise you, but games change, and that's a good thing, else they die.

Blade & Soul in particular was much worse than uneq in TERA. To give you perspective, the gear gap was huge, and there were literally p2w potions available only from the cash shop useable in BG. So does that mean B&S is not a gear-based MMO? In fact it's 100 times more grindy than TERA for everything.

Yet it still has 1v1/3v3 equalized but that was a change in the game, which everyone welcomes now. I'm sure at the time it was introduced a lot of p2w potion spammers + gear heroes hated it, though. Especially because Blade & Soul had much worse "gear balance" than TERA, some combination of stats were beyond brokenly overpowered. This means the "eq gear" in B&S was "garbage" in comparison to those broken stats, from the viewpoint of someone enjoying them.

My point is this: the change came, and it was massive.

B&S is just one example btw. World of Tanks was similarly bad with "cash shop noctenium infusions" (items that consumed on shot and boosted your damage significantly, from the cash shop), now it's an esport hosted by tech giants like NVIDIA.
  • CiraxCirax ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Borsuc, you make a good point but the reason most pvp players are upset isn't because they want to stomp undergeared players. TERA has already gone down the path of pvp gear progression, and BHS did not execute equalized gear effectively.

Right now, the quickest and easiest way for BHS to retain pvp players is to reverse the changes, as last patch FWC was as active as ever. Then, they can take the next step to have EQ gear normalized but customizable. The first thing that comes in kind is GW2 structured pvp: all base gear was equalized, but you could still customize certain stats for a custom build. I'm all for that if TERA had something similar, but alas we do not, and we know how quickly BHS makes changes :awesome:

This is coming from someone that started off the VM7 patch with EQ gear. I pvped with that in FWC until I built conflate/sf+15. Took several months, but I'm casual as [filtered]. If anyone pves or plays more than 2 hours a day, they would complete their sets much faster. The pvp gear progression in TERA has greatly improved, and right now it is much easier for BHS to simply reverse this change to revive FWC instead of working with their "equalized " gear. Maybe down the road they can implement this, but players are quitting fast (including me) and they need to take action now before the damage is permanent.
  • Haha this Borsuc guy is funny. Just because all the MMOs you listed is going EQ doesn't mean TERA has to ( so it won't die lol?) . Because Tera is a PvE game, PvP is just a side activity. That's where BHS is focusing on. Deal with it.

IF TERA is the only grind-based MMO left, I'm pretty sure it will be hugely popular because there is a crap ton of people who don't care for PvP. And that segment of gamers will flock a game like Tera. There will always people who like games with progression.

How you attacked and insulted koikoi because of the word "pure" is laughable.
  • Energetic etchings and CDR rolls for a mystic made them literally unkillable.
    Now I can't be a troll anymore and jaunt everywhere. ;-;
  • fwc won't even pop anymore, so its better to change it back
    3s won't pop
    team 3s dead as [filtered]
    only active bg is kuma
    fraywind was active last patch so they should have not changed it all
  • As a person who only enjoyed/played the PvP aspects in this game, I was actually happy about the change to EQ gear.
    ... But that's because I've never fully been geared in my life.

Etchings were too expensive for my plebiness.
    Masterworking and +12ing couldn't handle my peasantry.

rip queues for actual PvP bgs though. Can't beat up people in equalized gear since hardly anyone likes the change,

Would prefer fighting stacked players in pleb gear as opposed to ded queues.
  • Yeah, I have nothing to do in game now. I dont like pve, and eq pvp? no thanks.
  • darkstriker07darkstriker07 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Mistruss wrote: »
    As a person who only enjoyed/played the PvP aspects in this game, I was actually happy about the change to EQ gear.
    ... But that's because I've never fully been geared in my life.

Etchings were too expensive for my plebiness.
    Masterworking and +12ing couldn't handle my peasantry.

rip queues for actual PvP bgs though. Can't beat up people in equalized gear since hardly anyone likes the change,

Would prefer fighting stacked players in pleb gear as opposed to ded queues.

if eq gear was balanced, i'd be happy as well. but its sadly not.