[TERA PC] Kaia’s War—the latest content update for TERA PC—is now live! This patch brings a host of improvements to PvP, including increased rewards for battleground victories and Civil Unrest: Velika. Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v92_notes

Please Bring Back Eclipse!

Comments

• ratedX wrote: »
    Warrior's have Smoke Aggressor
    This shadow is worse than a bad Brawler.

But if you been fighting for awhile and just so happen to pull threat off the tank.
    Or the tank accidentally dies.
    These Abilities do come in handy.

My problem is only with few skills.. When i crit scythe and get a good crit (5, 6M+) and when my zerker friend hits a good crit on TS (10m+)
    then we get aggro, and few secs later the tank regain it... But its enough to make the boss turn around..

with eclipse we coudlt solve this easily... but now.. we would need to ask the tank to change crystals? at the end of the fight? how majority of tanks would take this? They would probably just tell me to [filtered] off and keep same crystals lol
  • Me with Imperator +12 gear = Thunder Strike = AGRO

Sad :(
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    If you the tanks are losing agro with scythe, i have no comments. But there are other classes that can steal agroo way more easily with a tank that cant hold scythe:

Ninja: when using Fire avalance
    Sorc: During Mana Boost
    Archer: During Burn combo (brooch followed by RoA+RA+TB+RF+ET, if ET and TB crit, say goodbye to agroo)
    Reaper: During shadow reaping
  • ratedXratedX ✭✭✭

Well, That can happen unfortunately.
    Lancers and brawlers do both have shout to regain "threat" quickly
    But most don't use it unless they absolutely have too
    or they could be in the middle of a rotation when you "Pull"

As for the potions themselves. Not saying they were bad, not worth having, etc
    I usually carried around a few myself just to be on the safer side of things.

But i highly doubt they will be adding them back in.

It's like me saying.
    Bring back Warding Scrolls! that 16k shield saved my life multiple times!

Well, That can happen unfortunately.
    Lancers and brawlers do both have shout to regain "threat" quickly
    But most don't use it unless they absolutely have too
    or they could be in the middle of a rotation when you "Pull"

As for the potions themselves. Not saying they were bad, not worth having, etc
    I usually carried around a few myself just to be on the safer side of things.

But i highly doubt they will be adding them back in.

It's like me saying.
    Bring back Warding Scrolls! that 16k shield saved my life multiple times!

oh, i used a lot of that movement speed scroll lol.. that was lovely.. and saved my [filtered] a lot of time. BRING IT BACK
    jk lol

and yeah, i know they wont bring it back... but now, tanks (bad tanks) will need to change a lil bit their setup
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Bring back heart potions too, some healers aren't great.
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    I enjoy tanking a lot, but I've stopped doing it for groups I don't know.
    As others have said, most tanks now have guilds or friends to run with. I'd run more with randoms, but seems like every time I do dps keeps going when you need to reposition.

I would like eclipse back though, I tended to use it on high burst chars (zerk/warrior specifically).
  • CallaCalla ✭✭✭
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    Bring back heart potions too, some healers aren't great.

Or even if your healer is fine, some dps just need a little more TLC than others >_>"
  • I want eclipse please, I can't use it as a tank :( it was so fun to see boss chasing everyone and the players weren't paying attention I was using eclipse lols
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solheim wrote: »
    I'd run more with randoms, but seems like every time I do dps keeps going when you need to reposition.
    Pretty much stuff like this is why I only run with friends now. Between random dps pulling the boss before I'm ready to start, or attacking the boss while I'm trying to reposition it, or continuing to shoot out MUH BIG [filtered] DPS when people are dying all over the place and aggro is flipping around the room instead of just letting me get aggro back safely and move the boss away from the corpses so the healer can res people, yeah nah [filtered] that. Even my friends do some of this stuff occasionally but at least I like them.

Back on topic, I do agree that eclipse potions should make a comeback. A lot of learning tanks could use the help. Multiple friends last patch made tanks to deal with the shortage, and when I went on DPS alts so they could learn dungeons/tankings I used an eclipse potion because they were learning, and they were in awful gear most of the time. I wish people were that lenient with me when I was learning a new dungeon on my lancer, but alas.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Tell your tank to git gud. How is this any different from if a DPS does 0 damage or the healer dies all the time?

Very few bosses need to be repositioned at the start (if any). Very few bosses are important to reposition.
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    Through out the years there been talk from a lot of players on how consumables in TERA where used as a crutch. I like how they are taking them out, I like how they are trying to remove dual heals, I prefer a game where every one has to play well to achieve top goals, part of the fun for me.
  • Play with better tanks. Eclipse shouldnt have been used since brawler update when we got wrathfull and a new aggro system, and if you had to use one, the tank was just god awfull
  • CallaCalla ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    The only reasons against this seem to be "Play with better tank/dps/healer". That's great advice, 10/10, but where am I supposed to find these people? Why shouldn't I have access to items that will make life easier for my party, especially if they play with poor latency, or bad fps, or if they're playing on a potato computer? Do they deserve a party less because they have a harder time getting skills off? I don't see you opening your wallet to buy those players better gaming equipment, or a better internet connection. I know a lot of players that play on their dorm wifi. You're not REQUIRED to use these consumables, but it makes life easier for people who do struggle.

I'm 100% for bringing these consumables back, there's no valid excuse not to that I've seen so far, and no, "git gud" is not a good enough reason.