FRAYWIND CANYON: DO NOT SLAUGHTER OUR ONLY NON-EQ PVP BG

Comments

• Koikoi wrote: »
    @Treeshark

You're alive in other threads, could the community get an answer from the head boss regarding this before he leaves? :pleased:

Not saying I agree or disagree, but Spacecats already said in another thread that EME is powerless to change it back, it is up to BHS to change it...
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Hey all, I've moderated quite a few posts in this thread, including a lot of callouts naming other players, current and past En Masse staff, and a lot of off topic discussion and speculation about past En Masse staff. I also removed some really toxic posts and vulgarity. Please remember to remain polite towards your fellow TERA players and adhere to the forum rules.

As far as the changes to Fraywind Canyon, I'll be forwarding your guys' feedback to the TERA Production team and Bluehole. Many players want the equalized gear reverted. Keep in mind that this isn't an aspect of the game that En Masse can control - it's a developer decision. Hopefully Bluehole will decide to make the changes NA players want.

So Treeshark can't change it either...
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Exactly, otherwise there's some serious bias going on around here.
  • i love this change, but what i dont like is Corsair being the only pvp bg queued cos of the rewards imbalance.

like COME ON, dont this company have any plannings or management team??? or do they only have designers for lootboxes to bring in temporary cash for their fat paycheck.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    @KattyKira
    I'm not looking for a "it's going to be solved" answer. Just anything other than spacecats saying basically they'll look into it.

This change to FWC and BGs all together is ruining the game for a good chunk of the pvp community. People that used to ONLY login for fwc/pvp are literally logging in, collecting their elite buffs/boxes etc and afking/logging off.

Long term? EME is going to lose money and some of their playerbase over something that CAN be fixed.

----

I would say 20+ threads have been started since the beginning of the week regarding the FWC/BG changes. If that doesn't say something to EME... :\
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    As if number of threads matters when anyone can open up one? It's always people who complain who are the loudest (this applies in general on anything, not just this specific case).

You have to understand that people who are happy with the change don't really post on forum about it. They, you know, play the game.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @Borsuc

Yeah they play the game, cool. Let me ask you.... how many FWC's have you been in since patch?

NO ONE on my friends list has been in ONE fwc game since this horrible patch came in, and no it's not from lack of trying.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    Well, it pops on EU because they have event with double credits (specific to one BG, depends on day and time slot, sort of like Power Hours but specific to a BG). And usually, it's slower when a new patch hits since people try the new stuff first. You think FWC popped before compared to CS for any other reason than rewards? Please.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I don't need "rewards" to get me into FWC. I was there to PvP. I have been geared for months. my alts are all geared.

I am DEFINITELY not the only one who doesn't give a crap about rewards. PvP is why I am here, it was why I Q'd!
  • Not sure why credits would even matter. Dont need to enchant or get any gear anyway >_>
  • people who dont know pvp should stop commenting about [filtered] they have no knowledge about. gear carry doesnt exist in pvp of this game. the difference is literally %5 each gear tier difference, and conflate was basically just as good as +15 imp and just as easy to get as some mid tier gear. if you cant beat anybody in pvp that has better gear than you its very very rarely cus of gear and much more cus of your lack of skill. start pvping first, learn how it works THEN comment on it. so many stupidity in the forums defending eq gear change. my god.
  • people who dont know pvp should stop commenting about [filtered] they have no knowledge about. gear carry doesnt exist in pvp of this game. the difference is literally %5 each gear tier difference, and conflate was basically just as good as +15 imp and just as easy to get as some mid tier gear. if you cant beat anybody in pvp that has better gear than you its very very rarely cus of gear and much more cus of your lack of skill. start pvping first, learn how it works THEN comment on it. so many stupidity in the forums defending eq gear change. my god.

But then, doesn't it mean that EQ'd gear doesn't matter?

But then, doesn't it mean that EQ'd gear doesn't matter?

if it was properly balanced, it wouldnt. but it isnt.
  • Only if it didn't give some classes a way too big advantage
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Koikoi wrote: »
    I don't need "rewards" to get me into FWC. I was there to PvP. I have been geared for months. my alts are all geared.

I am DEFINITELY not the only one who doesn't give a crap about rewards. PvP is why I am here, it was why I Q'd!
    Well for what it's worth, I agree with you about the rewards (couldn't care less myself about them). Unfortunately that's not the way the majority think. Look, people want rewards to stockpile them, it's a mentality. I mean, if you removed all rewards from ALL battlegrounds, you might see everyone do it just for fun (if they were all fully equalized of course, else they'll just go to PvE or quit because of being left behind etc...).

The problem isn't the lack of rewards per se, but the fact that there are better "alternatives" which are also PvP. (just because you don't find them fun doesn't mean the majority does not btw). But I'm not against you about the reward thing so don't get me wrong, I'm speaking from a practical point of view, not mine here.

Lastly, you guys make absolutely no sense in terms of "for what should I get rewards?". In dungeons, you DO NOT get rewards from that dungeon just so you can clear THAT dungeon. That's stupid because it's like those people saying MCHM required Regent to clear, when it dropped in MCHM.

So, rewards from BGs do not have to apply to BGs, and that's perfectly fine. Maybe those people want to do some PvE and need MWA, maybe they want to do GvG and need the rewards for it. Just because you get reward from BG does not mean you have to use it in the BG, that's a stupid argument. In fact, it's the wrong way to balance a game to begin with.

Remember Murderous Intent when it was awarded from Skyring top 100? Yeah, it wasn't useable in Skyring, and people still loved it.
    PlagueFWC wrote: »
    Only if it didn't give some classes a way too big advantage
    Well then, ask Spacecats for BHS to change the EQ gear stats? If that fails then ask for revert (of course in your guys' opinion).

This has two advantages:

1) it satisfies a higher amount of players (both those who want it EQ, and those who don't care if it's EQ or not as long as it has good stats, the only ones left behind were those who wanted outgearing/farming etc).

2) it makes BHS aware of what players want in terms of stats and all. This is very important for the entire game, since it will lead to better balancing overall (I hope). Although to be honest, I'd still want to ban CDR from existence like during VM1 when it did not exist, [filtered] stat.

So naturally this is the best way to have Spacecats talk to BHS about, changing the stats of EQ gear to be on par with Conflate or whatever. Also remember, the uneq gear has no mana infusion stat. So it wouldn't be "ideal" in this case either, since they removed charms from the game. People will whine about mana like they did in KR.

(honestly I'm not surprised if that's the reason it got changed to eq, probably in KR too, and IdioticGenius just missed it or skipped bit on purpose, but that's just assumption)
  • darkstriker07darkstriker07 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    we do tell that eq gear is imbalanced and it would be perfectly fine if they balanced it properly but nobody gives a jack [filtered]. but we will keep voicing this until they maybe finally hear it.