We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Update Thread: Patching & Launcher Issues

Comments

• Instance Reset Scrolls, both tradable and elite, doesn't reset dungeons/raids 5-man, 7-man, and 10-man.
  • mmm one day after and i still waiting a solution for less than a minute error, when we'll have a new patch to resolve all this problems? i think you are just ignore the ppl that can't already enter the game pls we need a fast solution thanks
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    andrelet02 wrote: »
    mmm one day after and i still waiting a solution for less than a minute error, when we'll have a new patch to resolve all this problems? i think you are just ignore the ppl that can't already enter the game pls we need a fast solution thanks

Best thing would be if you could post your launcher.log file (perhaps upload to Pastebin or something). It's probably hung up for some reason, but the launcher.log would say exactly what the issue is.
  • edited May 2016
    Well, if you haven't already done so, I would definitely send in a support ticket and explain everything that's going on. When you do, also send your launcher.log file, which you can find in your TERA install folder. This file explains in detail which files are failing and would really help in narrowing down exactly where the problem is. Absent that log file, I'm not really sure what to suggest beyond the basics like run as administrator and disable anti-virus/anti-spyware, some of which you've already done.

Thanks for getting back to me, counterpoint. While I am still highly frustrated, I appreciate you taking all this on fairly single-handedly throughout this forum. If I come across as cranky while you assist me here, please understand that it's not intentionally directed at you - it's merely an expression of frustration. I'll see about how to get that log under your eyes when I have more than a few minutes spare.

~Spell.

(Since I was landed for a few moments to write this, I tried running as Administrator. No dice.)
  • Ok, somehow my game decided to work 1 day but now, after a short break, my launcher decided to patch back to version 39, LOL. What to do? I'm not interested in redownloading again, would be my 6 time in 2 days.
  • ANBEEFER wrote: »
    Ok, somehow my game decided to work 1 day but now, after a short break, my launcher decided to patch back to version 39, LOL. What to do? I'm not interested in redownloading again, would be my 6 time in 2 days.

I do not think redownloading the game would solve your problem, and it could lead to more frustration. It sounds like the launcher is loading an old patch manifest from patch.tera.enmasse-game.com. That can happen for a number of reasons, but the most common reason is if your computer's host file has been modified to map patch.tera.enmasse-game.com to a specific IP address. Please check your host file and remove any reference to patch.tera.enmasse-game.com if one is in there.

Another cause could be the cache on one of our CDN nodes has not properly cleared. Our operations team has just purged all the cached files again just to make sure that isn't causing the problem.

If you are playing from Steam you shouldn't need to download a new patch. We updated the files on Steam during maintenance and the Steam client takes care of updating all the game files.

If you continue to have problems, please contact our support team and provide your launcher.log file. They are going to be able to provide more in-depth troubleshooting steps.
  • Geletron wrote: »
    ANBEEFER wrote: »
    Ok, somehow my game decided to work 1 day but now, after a short break, my launcher decided to patch back to version 39, LOL. What to do? I'm not interested in redownloading again, would be my 6 time in 2 days.

I do not think redownloading the game would solve your problem, and it could lead to more frustration. It sounds like the launcher is loading an old patch manifest from patch.tera.enmasse-game.com. That can happen for a number of reasons, but the most common reason is if your computer's host file has been modified to map patch.tera.enmasse-game.com to a specific IP address. Please check your host file and remove any reference to patch.tera.enmasse-game.com if one is in there.

Another cause could be the cache on one of our CDN nodes has not properly cleared. Our operations team has just purged all the cached files again just to make sure that isn't causing the problem.

If you are playing from Steam you shouldn't need to download a new patch. We updated the files on Steam during maintenance and the Steam client takes care of updating all the game files.

If you continue to have problems, please contact our support team and provide your launcher.log file. They are going to be able to provide more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

in reference to this post, after i merged my account with steam, i never encountered the rollback issue or anything of a sort again, so putting it in steam definitely worked for me
  • EvDiegoth wrote: »
    ASCENSION VALLEY

05/18
    Alliance Territories PVP OFF all through the day

Can confirm on CH it's been ~16 hours, of which only 2 have been pvp.
  • Geletron wrote: »
    ANBEEFER wrote: »

Actually, redownloading helped again, lol. I guess the problem was, that i've tried to put in some different UI files, in order to remove my partys buff bars so i can atleast play with 15 FPS in Dungeons.
  • AkietAkiet ✭✭
    My Tera client has suddenly started to take forever to load up. When it does finally load up, however, certain programs I have can't recognize the client such as my Logitech Gaming Software. The launcher also repeatedly gives me a 'SendMessage error 0x5b4'. Anyone else have this issue?
  • EvellEvell ✭✭
    http://puu.sh/oZGix/59f56a960f.jpg Anyone know what this is :/ ? I tried googling it but the only ones who seem to have this issue are steam users, and I've only installed from the website. I'll open the launcher, and I have to press 'Play' more than 10 times to get the game to even begin to load. Then when it finally does , it will crash. When the game does open, I'll dc usually 5 minuets after.
  • ProioProio ✭✭
    MangakaKen wrote: »
    My Tera client has suddenly started to take forever to load up. When it does finally load up, however, certain programs I have can't recognize the client such as my Logitech Gaming Software. The launcher also repeatedly gives me a 'SendMessage error 0x5b4'. Anyone else have this issue?

My game was working great until yesterday during a dungeon run when it froze and I had to end task using Task Manager. Suddenly it takes about 2-3 minutes after I press play in the launcher to get to the character screen. I've uninstalled and installed twice, uninstalled GPU drivers, cleared cache, tried launcher fix and everything else I can try but still takes forever to load. Since I'm not the only one having this issue I hope there's a fix for it.
  • Yep game is take years to load up after hitting play.
  • edited May 2016
    I4GmMXd.jpg?1
  • SowenSowen ✭✭✭
    Proio wrote: »
    MangakaKen wrote: »

My game was working great until yesterday during a dungeon run when it froze and I had to end task using Task Manager. Suddenly it takes about 2-3 minutes after I press play in the launcher to get to the character screen. I've uninstalled and installed twice, uninstalled GPU drivers, cleared cache, tried launcher fix and everything else I can try but still takes forever to load. Since I'm not the only one having this issue I hope there's a fix for it.

Same with me, thats really annoying, takes alot of time to just appear the ninja image on screen, i would like to get a answer or even a solution for this, i tryed to repair the game lot of times and got no changes for the problem ;_: