[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 03/25 (Wed) at 8:00 am PST, and will have an estimated downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Wildstar and Neverwinter

Anybody who's played either want to give a review? I haven't tried either but both sound good. Thanks.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    I've avoided Neverwinter (Frankly, I had enough of any Perfect World published game after starting MMOs with Forsaken World.) Can't help you there.

As for Wildstar, I still play it on occasion, when I'm not in TERA. Personally, I find it reasonably entertaining, mainly because of how wacky and over-the-top its storyline and ingame lore are.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've avoided Neverwinter (Frankly, I had enough of any Perfect World published game after starting MMOs with Forsaken World.) Can't help you there.

As for Wildstar, I still play it on occasion, when I'm not in TERA. Personally, I find it reasonably entertaining, mainly because of how wacky and over-the-top its storyline and ingame lore are.

Neverwinter isn't really that interesting, at least not when I played it back then. In pvp, the class imbalances were bad, being 1 shot as a full defense tank from stealth... fun. Then pve, it was rather bland, the bosses were hardly the real threats and mostly spawned a lot of adds that never ended...I did enjoy healing/tanking there, along with pvp for a while, but I definitely do prefer Tera.
  • Sadly, Wildstar is dead :anguished:
  • I quite enjoy Neverwinter myself mainly do to being a fan of Dungeons and Dragons lore. I know nothing of the pvp aspects of the game as I completely ignore them. I've spent most of the game duoing with a friend and we've had a lot of fun both being d&d lore fans.
  • AriarAriar ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Played both, but with Neverwinter i didnt bother to get to max lvl, i got simply bored after a few lvls...i absolutely hated that there was no zoom in camera function and i couldnt get used to it.
    Uninstalled after a few days.

Wildstar was interesting, the world had lots of stuff in it, i liked the paths you could chose, like exploring or building stuff.
    I played the spellslinger and enjoyed it but idk there was something missing that would truly catch me, the classes were interesting but standard fare and i often felt they missed that feeling of excitement when you play some class that truly clicks with you, idk maybe it was just me.

I played for about a month or so and then stoped, i still go it installed though...but yeah the game felt somewhat dead back then and now its probably even worse.

I think im slowly leaning away from mmos for good, lately i been playing nothing but witcher3 goty and Dark Souls 3.

• CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Neverwinter is kind of boring, and it's really P2W. If you want to take the free route, you're looking at a very, very long time to catch up to anyone who's geared or just throws money at the game. And it's probably worse now than it was last year. It's the most like TERA in terms of combat, compared to other "action" MMOs, but it still feels somewhat clunky in some ways.

Wildstar is fun. It's similar to TERA, but the combat isn't as fluid. There's dodging and such like here, but it doesn't feel very responsive, since it doesn't actually i-frame, just moves you - which means whatever attack you're trying to dodge likely still hits you. Leveling is boring and takes too long, and queues are pretty much dead, at least for low level/low tier max level stuff. I never got far past just getting to max level because the playerbase is almost nonexistent now.

On the upside, it's probably one of the better F2P MMOs in terms of not being P2W, despite being run by NCSoft, classes are fun, there's plenty to do - crafting, achievements, exploration - and dungeons actually have mechanics, even at low levels. But you'll be waiting 40+ minutes for anything but the introductory dungeon while leveling, and hours for max level stuff.