A Formal Introduction from DonkeyProphet

Comments

• so no intro on twitch today? anyways hoping to see that u got a red beard with a wizard hat on or better yet a DAMN CROSS on ur forehead......LOL
  • @DonkeyProphet nice to see another on TR. if you ever need a dungeon partner to see those from a player perspective, i'm sure there's quite a few of us that would be willing to help out, myself included. here's hoping to see some fun events in the next couple months
  • HELLO! And may I say, i just love that name. Share with us your knowledge of prophet of donkey.
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    @DonkeyProphet @Spacecats
    Both of you better be on the stream today at 3:10pm PST.
    (Not saying 3pm cause you're always late >.>)

Btw, welcome! Hope you can help tera!
  • Welcome @DonkeyProphet ! Good to have a gamer on board!!
  • Hello, I am Papa Baldur from Fey Forest. Welcome to Tera.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleett wrote: »
    Is there even going to be a stream today given that Extra Life is tomorrow? (I actually have no idea...)

• GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying "first" is actually against forum rules...
    - Nobunaut

GAH! @Spacecats ! I throw myself upon the mercy of the court!
    So your title is Product manager. What exactly does your role do for us and for the EME team?
    - Starbuzz

This is a great question! But not necessarily one with a simple answer. In game development titles are a little blurrier than I think they are in a lot of other industries. At a high level, I'll be working alongside the existing team here at EME to help guide the long-term direction of TERA to make sure that we're delivering you all a fun and engaging experience when you come to play. We understand there are a million other places where you could be spending your time, and are honored that you choose to spend it here with us.
    But Donkey, what does that actually mean???
    - DonkeyProphet

I'm glad you asked!!

On any given Day we could be:
    • Talking to @Spacecats about how you guys are doing and what we can do to improve your experience
    • Discussing upcoming features or requesting new ones from our partners at Bluehole
    • Coffee, Coffee, Coffee.
    • Planning upcoming events, and reviewing past events to see what worked; but especially what didn't.
    • Meetings, Meetings, Meetings.
    • Thinking about and discussing where we want TERA to be 3, 6, 9 and 12 months from now, and how to get there.
    • Paperwork, Paperwork, Paperwork
    • Roaming TERA in search of fame and fortune (as time and opportunity allows)
    • Emails, Emails, Emails
    • Popping in to check out the Forums, Reddit, Youtube, Twitch, and Twitter to see what's going on out there and what you guys are up to and how you're doing.
    • Meetings, Meetings, Meetings.
    • Beer, Beer, Beer.

This is not a comprehensive list, but that's really because ultimately; my job, our jobs are to make TERA a place where you feel comfortable coming, where you have a great time, and a place you want to tell all your friends and family about; and that involves whatever it takes. :)

Hopefully that's enough of an answer for now, but maybe somewhere down the road we can organize an AMA and we can talk about the what, where, why, when, and how of what we do in more detail.

Thanks for asking!

Welcome Mr DP!

Crack a beer and lets make Tera great again!
  • Welcome to Tera... Use your consumables, buff yourself and get ready to battle o/
    Hope you can make it...
  • try to find a way to make team 3s more lit
  • Fleett wrote: »
    Is there even going to be a stream today given that Extra Life is tomorrow? (I actually have no idea...)

My understanding is that there will absolutely be a stream today & I'll catch you guys there :)
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    @DonkeyProphet
    See you there then!
  • @DonkeyProphet
    Welcome to Tera :o <333333
    I have a serious question >3>
    What is your favorite color?
  • Im extremely happy and excited to see a Producer that is also a true gamer! This indeed makes me full of hope for the future of Tera.
    Spacecats is one amazing CM (tbh probably the best we ever had and the best I ever saw in any MMO), and now you DonkeyProphet is what we need to have the game we all love so much amazing once more.

The PvP community is in dire need of some love (bonanza boxes loot update, credits for winning/losing increased, FWC reverted to not equalized etc) Im sure with some of these changes would already quickly make people happier with the game again.

Anyways, thank you so much for joining us, and I hope you have a wonderful time here :)