@TERA STAFF - I don't understand what the point is.

Why give instance limitation then proceed by removing dismantle of gear we need to play the game.

Ive been grinding dungeons for the past 8 hours and all ive accumulated is no more than 50 feedstock t8 without the vanguards. Ridiculous.

So we do dailies then nothing else to do? I cant farm BAMS for fodder the dungeons that have the fodder and gear i require is limited per day and once that is done there is literally nothing else to do that will benefit me.

I dont need t9 feestock because im noob and have t8 gear so the BG event is useless to us noobies. How about adding t8 feedstock to that list as well that way the people who need t9 feedstock can also benefit from the t8 by evolving it.

Guys should really consider the new players as well. I don't get why this event only benefits the players who were already previously geared. I can't get into harder instances without upgrading gear. It's an endless loop of nothingness, literally...

Please guys, fix this issue somehow. I can't even suggest much because i dont know much. Thats where you come in. Honestly.. i want to like this game, i really do. It's fun as hell but this weird set up you guys have is insanely anti-fun. Dungeon runs aren't rewarding at all.. Killing BAMS is not rewarding. And BG basically benefit only geared/veteran players. Yes BG benefit me some too for my starfall gear but what about the feedstock i'll need to upgrade it. It's not enough. The issue must be addressed and i hope you guys do.

Comments

• I pretty much agree, however there are 15 other threads on the first page saying basically the same thing. :(
  • DEEPOWER wrote: »
    I pretty much agree, however there are 15 other threads on the first page saying basically the same thing. :(

And yet the devs are like "You go yappies, bla bla bla. [email protected]@[email protected]"
  • Rokubyou wrote: »
    DEEPOWER wrote: »
    I pretty much agree, however there are 15 other threads on the first page saying basically the same thing. :(

And yet the devs are like "You go yappies, bla bla bla. [email protected]@[email protected]"

It's not like EME have many options available at the moment.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do have an option. To get the scoop of the situation, see what problems affect the most, send a message that they are beginning to fix the priority problems, then fix them. It's not easy at all to run an mmo, but if you do take to the task, you should know that these kinds of things will happen after an update. This time a lot more than usual seems to have broken, and many things seem unfair, like the whole new 65 shenanigans and the loss of functionality.

Sure, we do have to have some patience and be thankful they are at least reading, because even though they don't respond they do read. How else are they going to moderate if not? But not everyone has the same amount of patience, and all patience runs out after some time. So while many people hate the "we are working on it" or "soon" responses, it's usually better than making people feel ignored. Though there are threads set up by the staff to report problems, and they are being constantly read by the devs, because that's their purpose. But not everyone takes the time to read through 20 pages of posts to see if their problem is there. Some won't read at all and just make a new thread because that's normal human behavior. To want to be heard first.

As for the patch itself, while there's always stuff to fix in every patch, some of these feel like not enough testing was done. Some people say that asking the top players to volunteer into test servers could be an idea, but there might be a counter argument to that so it may not be as easy to do as it sounds.
  • edited May 2016
    Nopi wrote: »
    They do have an option. To get the scoop of the situation, see what problems affect the most, send a message that they are beginning to fix the priority problems, then fix them. It's not easy at all to run an mmo, but if you do take to the task, you should know that these kinds of things will happen after an update. This time a lot more than usual seems to have broken, and many things seem unfair, like the whole new 65 shenanigans and the loss of functionality.

Sure, we do have to have some patience and be thankful they are at least reading, because even though they don't respond they do read. How else are they going to moderate if not? But not everyone has the same amount of patience, and all patience runs out after some time. So while many people hate the "we are working on it" or "soon" responses, it's usually better than making people feel ignored. Though there are threads set up by the staff to report problems, and they are being constantly read by the devs, because that's their purpose. But not everyone takes the time to read through 20 pages of posts to see if their problem is there. Some won't read at all and just make a new thread because that's normal human behavior. To want to be heard first.

As for the patch itself, while there's always stuff to fix in every patch, some of these feel like not enough testing was done. Some people say that asking the top players to volunteer into test servers could be an idea, but there might be a counter argument to that so it may not be as easy to do as it sounds.

You have to keep in mind that Bluehole is the developer here, not Enmasse. There is an extra layer of communication were are unaware of. They receive the content to distribute - little can be done on their end here in the States. Thankfully the community moderators are listening, and at the very least are able to offer the double vanguard event, but it wont last. As you said, people's patience is wearing thin.

Bluehole needs to learn that they are developing for multiple regions. Regions that have different expectations. What works in Korea might not elsewhere. That, and the fact that we are months behind the Korean version of the game. It shouldn't take upwards of six to eight months to localize content, especially when it's solely quest dialogue, dungeons, and item distribution.

Other ones are saying theres a lack of feedstock. I made several new points that no one has addressed. And while im at it i would also like to add that the buddy-up 12+ scroll gift is useless to us cause we don't have t7 gear to use it on.

How were so many issues not fixed before? Someone mentioned we are 6 months behind on update. I would imagine that is more than enough time to fix future disasters like these.

Damn koreans were like "ahhh just throw them the draft version of the update and let them ride the wave of cow [filtered], they'll be fine ;)"
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭

Other ones are saying theres a lack of feedstock. I made several new points that no one has addressed. And while im at it i would also like to add that the buddy-up 12+ scroll gift is useless to us cause we don't have t7 gear to use it on.

How were so many issues not fixed before? Someone mentioned we are 6 months behind on update. I would imagine that is more than enough time to fix future disasters like these.

Damn koreans were like "ahhh just throw them the draft version of the update and let them ride the wave of cow [filtered], they'll be fine ;)"

And the current +9 scroll in the vanguard shop is only for tier 8 and lower gear, I wonder if they're planning to upgrade that one too.
  • msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Rokubyou wrote: »

Well, the [filtered] korean changes were well known in advance. EME has had months to handle it properly (read: call BHS and tell them to change it).

Same goes for quite a few other things.
  • kedroskedros ✭✭

This is unfair. KTera is not some test server for NA Tera. They have a whole different economy, ingame shop, drop tables, etc. In KTera this enchantment system never raised issues apperently because of the above.
    on top of that, Na Tera is slightly different build. for example they dont have the loyalty system. that was built exclusifly for us. There is a lot of region specific stuff and localization to consider to make everything work.
  • msoltyspl wrote: »
    Rokubyou wrote: »

Well, the [filtered] korean changes were well known in advance. EME has had months to handle it properly (read: call BHS and tell them to change it).

Same goes for quite a few other things.

Apparently the enchantment changes were waved in with splendor. It's a whole different ball game over there.

I am actually curious as to how the Asains are feeling about the 'no item dismantling' issue.

Like you said, how is it that they did not uproar and fix this 6 months ago?
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Ok yosha has said this as well but you can dismantle gear. I think half of you are crying about this and don't even know how the system works. You can dismantle your old gear. Hell you can dismantle slaughter gear. You just have to have enchanted it. The only thing that has changed is you cant get a piece of gear and then break it down for the x48 feed. Say you get your slaughter set and then make your vm7 set, you can still break down your old slaughter set and get your feed back.
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    Azuunyan7 wrote: »
    Ultemecia wrote: »
    Ok yosha has said this as well but you can dismantle gear. I think half of you are crying about this and don't even know how the system works. You can dismantle your old gear. Hell you can dismantle slaughter gear. You just have to have enchanted it. The only thing that has changed is you cant get a piece of gear and then break it down for the x48 feed. Say you get your slaughter set and then make your vm7 set, you can still break down your old slaughter set and get your feed back.

Thanks for the tip, i will dismantle my starfall to enchant my next gear, thank you!

That's kinda the downside for us in vm gears. We're stuck buying feed if the shortage is as bad as everyone's making it out to be. I'm not gonna dismantle my +15 gear. I'll just sell it and buy feed.
  • HysphericalHyspherical ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    You have to keep in mind that Bluehole is the developer here, not Enmasse.

EME has proven before that they can change drop tables and vanguards. Pretty sure it's without BHS intervention too because EME said it was their own fault when they screwed up the plume drops back in RG days. It's really just laziness or a fear of imbalancing things.
  • It's not like EME have many options available at the moment.
    You have to keep in mind that Bluehole is the developer here, not Enmasse.

EME has proven before that they can change drop tables and vanguards. Pretty sure it's without BHS intervention too because EME said it was their own fault when they screwed up the plume drops back in RG days. It's really just laziness or a fear of imbalancing things.

I'm not sure what they can control and what they don't. My assumptions can be wrong, and I hope they are.