New player Class help.

Hi, i am new to tera and just finishing the dowload. I have always liked playing a ranged dps and was wondering what would be the most fun and forgiving class to play.

Comments

• Also, i heard there is a buddie code?
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc>Archer>..............>Gunner
    There is a code but it depends on your server.
  • Oh ok thank you. I just finished downloading the game after 8hrs lol and now it is patching so....I will just post here what server i choose to get a code which i take is like Raf from wow?
  • DoganzakaDoganzaka ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hello. Welcome to TERA.

For ranged classes you have a couple of options:
    1. Sorcerer: Works as a kind of elementalist/wizard. Requires a good player to get a good amount of DPS. Recently got a re-vamp (Re work) and the class have a decent amount of damage, its pretty static and weak (Def wise) but at the same time has the easiest to survive with. The biggest issue Sorc has right now is the over hype, there are tons of Sorcerers around wich will make harder to get the equipement.
    2. Archer: Is the next class in que for a re-vamp, is stronger than the Sorc (Def wise) and with the re-vamp their damage will increase. Is a not so popular class right now, and is less static than Sorcerer, wich is good for repositions and general movement. Its not as demanding as Sorc (For learning stuff as rotations or concentration) but still requires some effort to max their DPS.
    3. Reaper: While its seen like a melee class, Reaper is a mid-range class. You'll have some space to move away from the boss, and it doesn't have a lot of skills to learn unlike Sorcerer or Archer. The main issue for Reaper is that the class starts at Lv58 and you'll need a Lv40 character to create one. Why starting at Lv58 is an issue? Because it'll give you no time to practice, you'll have to learn by practicing instead leveling as the other classes, and most of the new Reaper main player don't do this, they just use this class to skip 20Lvs. Its a pretty good class if you master it, and survival-wise is really good.

For the buddy up codes, search here one
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/96/buddyup-codes-thread/p80
    Please note that you won't be able to use a code unless they're for the same server you're playing, and if you use a code, you won't be able to redeem another one unless you leave your account inactive for a month.

Greetings.
  • Oh ok awesome, Thanks so much for the detailed information it is very helpful. I may try archer never have been a fan of playing mage type classes. If i wanted to play a melee class a big if mind you lol what would you recommend?
  • Btw is there any leveling guides for archer that are updated?
  • If you want to know what class fits you the most, make a character and test the class you want, you'll be able to delete any character under Lv40 instantly, and it will be deleted after 24 hours if its over Lv40.

The biggest recommendation is, don't use the buddy up code unless you're completly sure that you'll stick to the class you're using it (Buddy Up Codes have a restriction, can't be used on a character over Lv9, wich means you'll have to delete any over-leveled character and make a new one in order to use a code.)

For leveling, do all the quests you can until Lv20, the use the Instance Matching System to grind dungeons (Fast way), queue for Kumas after Lv20 (Another fast way) or do all the quests (Classic-slow way).

TERA isn't just about leveling asap, as the end game content might get boring after a while, but of enjoying the game and the views instead while leveling, that will make your game not so boring and more enjoyable.
  • Awesome, Thank you very much i will just take my time and enjoy the game:)
  • Hey thank you so much for all the info!!!! My archer is now level 25 and i am loving it!!!!
  • Btw you said i could just do dungeons to max level if i wanted? Is the story quest important?
  • If you are new, try Gunner first. Gunner is like learning class for Tera. Easy to use skill and she survives better for new player.

Sorc and Archer got some skill lock/ delaying anime. They can't use iframe instantly as Gunner, Ninja or Brawler.

Well archer is fine too.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    dinners wrote: »
    If you are new, try Gunner first. Gunner is like learning class for Tera. Easy to use skill and she survives better for new player.

Sorc and Archer got some skill lock/ delaying anime. They can't use iframe instantly as Gunner, Ninja or Brawler.

Well archer is fine too.

Gunner is the worst at surviving at level 65 of the 3. it is also the lowest dps class of the game until they receive their damage buff, even doing less damage than Lancer for some bosses. Sorc is also not even hard to play, and has an easier time re-positioning than Gunner. The again, none of the classes on tera aside for Warrior is even complex, as most of your dps comes from positioning and mostly rotation based aside for Warrior and Gunner as they don't have a rotation due to generating edge or will power for damage.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    If you are new, try Gunner first. Gunner is like learning class for Tera. Easy to use skill and she survives better for new player.

Well archer is fine too.

Gunner is the worst at surviving at level 65 of the 3. it is also the lowest dps class of the game until they receive their damage buff, even doing less damage than Lancer for some bosses. Sorc is also not even hard to play, and has an easier time re-positioning than Gunner. The again, none of the classes on tera aside for Warrior is even complex, as most of your dps comes from positioning and mostly rotation based aside for Warrior and Gunner as they don't have a rotation due to generating edge or will power for damage.

Yamazuki, He is total New Player. You need to join some low~mid IM dungeon. I do some of low IM with my 2nd slaughter set brawler to just helping out lowbies for faster Queue time.

Yeah, for older players, Ninja, Sorc and Warr are easiest class.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Yamazuki wrote: »

Well archer is fine too.

Yamazuki, He is total New Player. You need to join some low~mid IM dungeon. I do some of low IM with my 2nd slaughter set brawler to just helping out lowbies for faster Queue time.

Yeah, for older players, Ninja, Sorc and Warr are easiest class.

So... you're telling me the slowest, lowest damage class, limited iframe, requires you to generate willpower and abuse 2 mechanics is "easier" than a far more mobile, safer, and rotation based class? Sitting there auto attacking and spamming AB is not how you play Gunner unless your goal is to tickle the boss while the group does all the work for you. There's a reason why there's so little Gunners, and why they are being buffed and will probably be buffed later again. Sorc isn't complicated to play, the only things that makes Sorc "difficult" applies to every single class in the game due to the nature of Tera's combat system.