[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Alliance masks

Hi there,
I really love masks from alliance location. Unfortunately it close now and every time i want to create a new character, i remember, that there is no way to get mask. Or not? May be should make something like achievment with them or for add to BG shop with high price.. What do you think, does it need or not and do you like this mask with blue light from eyes?

Comments

• StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind seeing them in the bg shop or maybe the federation bill shop. The players that farmed exarch might be a little upset to see them added though.
  • Leave them as a legacy item.
  • ^ Yeah or just leave them to the players that ar fortunate enough to get them before it was taken away.
  • I'd like to see them in the federation bill store. I have one on my reaper but I don't see how they hold any significant value ANYWAYS since alliance was dead and only a small handful of people did it for gold/masks. If Alliance were actual living, active content (in which case they wouldn't have removed it in the first place) I'd say keep it as a legacy item....

...but considering how Alliance took 0 work, it's like...the "accomplishment" means nothing. Just put the masks in the store, or rework them into a revamped Alliance. Because at the moment I feel like the masks stand for relatively nothing.

I LOVE the masks and they're so cool but, at this moment they don't really have a "value" because what you had to do to earn them wasn't really anything to write home about.

FIX a new Alliance. MAKE the masks worth it.
  • StarSprite wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind seeing them in the bg shop or maybe the federation bill shop. The players that farmed exarch might be a little upset to see them added though.

I beg your pardon, though I do not doubt there are legitimate players who earned through hard work. The last few months before Alliance was completely taken out, most if not all, exploited it by feeding and such just to get the mask. I can understand why they'd do it but to say they might get upset if it's added is just bullish. It's not like back in the days where you have to put a little effort into it....
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    Stricera wrote: »
    ^ Yeah or just leave them to the players that ar fortunate enough to get them before it was taken away.

That's what leaving them as a legacy item means. Don't put a way to get them again in the game, and leave them as an item only obtainable by players who played during the alliance patch.
  • And what about sirjuka gallery ghost helmet? :o
  • Ghost915 wrote: »
    I'd like to see them in the federation bill store. I have one on my reaper but I don't see how they hold any significant value ANYWAYS since alliance was dead and only a small handful of people did it for gold/masks. If Alliance were actual living, active content (in which case they wouldn't have removed it in the first place) I'd say keep it as a legacy item....

...but considering how Alliance took 0 work, it's like...the "accomplishment" means nothing. Just put the masks in the store, or rework them into a revamped Alliance. Because at the moment I feel like the masks stand for relatively nothing.

I LOVE the masks and they're so cool but, at this moment they don't really have a "value" because what you had to do to earn them wasn't really anything to write home about.

FIX a new Alliance. MAKE the masks worth it.

you didnt do alliance at all i guess? it did took a good bit of effort to get commander.
  • I made all my 4 alts commander masks in july just doing daily quests (MT server). And only 2 times someone tried to prevent me. Also alts weared in dreadnought - low pve set previous patch.
    Thats why I can't get someone opinion not to let it put to the bg-shop. At least, u WILL have to pvp to get them.
  • New patch... new masks are welcome... add to BG shop is a great idea or Tera Rewards maybe.
  • Put echeleon mask in BG merchant rest of the masks are legacy.
  • SrosaSrosa ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    CutTheBull wrote: »
    Put echeleon mask in BG merchant rest of the masks are legacy.

WTB commander mask! cause black is love and for life! i don't care about exarch since that mask is legendary.

edited. "is life" is incorrect.
  • I would like to pitch an Idea related to masks

I would be nice to integrate new masks, mounts and even a gold enchanter for the gilded age since they were a big part of the previous
    Alliance content, and here is how it could work

1) achievements based on total contribution points for the guild, lets say if you contributed 5000 points to the guild you get a mask and a mount (masks and mounts should look new and different from the old alliance mounts for this new content), this could be awarded in the form of an achievement. and then higher tier achievements get better looking masks and mounts. or it could even be on a weekly contribution basis such as, if you contribute 1000 points per week you get one mask and mount, and you can earn better rewards based on your levels of contribution. (I personally believe total earnings would be better than weekly earnings). so in the end, the higher the contribution to the guild that a player makes the better their reward (just like in the old alliance days)

2) gold enchanter was a good way to get geared up, but in the Alliance case it was very limited since the exarch was the only one person who could place the gold enchanter and some times they could decide not to put one up entirely.

so the way it could work for guilds would be like this:
    every major city has an enchanting NPC (velika, Allemanthea, Kaitor and Highwatch), this enchanter is the default bonce enchanter that players can get access by being part of a guild, non guild players won't have access to this service

then, as the guild levels up they can unlock a skill that allows members the ability to use silver or gold enchanters, and the guild master would have to use guild funds to activate the silver or gold enchanter tier for the members of the guild. this means that everyone has to participate to earn guild funds and then the guild can use them to something other than purchasing towers. this also makes it so that the Guilded age content has PvE options for those players who don't want to participate on the PvP aspect of the content.

we already have abilities on the skill tree to summon party and increase pvp damage for an amount of time, so gold enchanter would fit perfectly into this category.

3) to increase the variety of guild activities, aside from dungeon runs and rally quests (which i have never had the importunity to participate in a rally based on the way they work), there could be additional quests such as kills on Island of dawn bams or wold boss hunts. like for example one of the quests could be 50 Flamebrilisks(IoD BAM who's name I can't spell) kills, and the reward is as usual guild funds and guild experience. this would give the ability for guilds to team up on hunting BAMs or even have individual contributions to the guild that don't require members to run dungeons every single day or have to find a team to complete a dungeon activity.

There are many other ways in which the guilded age could be improved but for now I feel these would bring a nice balance to the game as well as bring some of the old content back without having to bring all of the alliance content back.

if you guys like the idea please make sure to share it around so one of the admins can pass it along to their dev team.
  • FleettFleett ✭✭✭✭
    Except for Exarch mask I'd be fine with any of the others to be put in the Federation Bill Shop.
  • AulonAulon ✭✭✭✭
    Reality is some people do not know how to use the character creation correctly and the world is slowly being filled with ugly toons, I think more mask will be a must in the soon future to help control the pollution of ugly people. Please add more and these as well to the Fed Bill Store, thank you in advance.