Can We have any Compensation For All this Crashes/Lags?

2»

Comments

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimovera wrote: »
    Aimovera wrote: »
    With the insane amount of crashes recently, I don't even think it such a bad idea...

I don't think we'll ever get compensation for crashes ever again honestly.

...probably not, no. It's sad though, crashes causes people to lose dungeon runs, elite time and all that. It's kind of [filtered] that there are no compensations for those, even a dungeon reset or something would be better than nothing but that doesn't even work. :o

We got compensation multiple times recently, and today instances were even reset. People also get to enjoy these compensations even when they weren't here at all for the problems.
  • Musita wrote: »
    I dot not agree with this... Dude servers are machines are machines step up issues in time... Is not like Servers go down for 5 minutes after months of stability (if was the case), and you come to ask for reward instead of asking if everything's ok and if problem is short-time fixable. They come from a 25h stream doing some money for donations and you come with "hey, gimme my reward" xd L.M.F.A.O

That's not entirely true. I've managed (and still continue to do so ) servers for games that have tens to hundreds of thousands of players on at any given moment; and the only time they go down is during planned maintenance.
    If EME would do PROPER maintenance on their machines, and had the servers set up properly then a crash would be a rarity due to this wonderful thing known as redundancy.
    Yes, hardware IS by ALL logic expected to fail at any given point in time, and almost always when you don't want it to; but there are ways to prevent crashes, especially repetitive ones.
    You can't blame something that's happening multiple times on "failed hardware" when a company makes the kind of money that EME does. If they haven't replaced the hardware that caused the issue the first, or second time then the people that are paying them for the hardware that isn't getting replaced DO deserve compensation, and on a small front the people that aren't paying do too, because you nor I know how many of the paying players they brought in regardless of whether they have the money, or see the reason to pay.

Software bugs, scripting loops, erroneous memory blocks, improper address writing, IRQ failure, hardware dying, capacitor aging, it's all expected, and they should be planning for these events. They've been doing this long enough to know what needs to be done to protect the integrity of their assests; and it's no one's fault but their own that it's not happening. They are the ones that chose to go with out of house hosting providers, and utilize third party contracts for their systems, so they're the ones that should be reimbursing their players in some form or fashion no matter how minimalistic.
  • We have a new white knight. Or pink.
  • So again :) ....
  • This is EME we're talking about btw. Keep your hopes low
  • Musita wrote: »
    I dot not agree with this... Dude servers are machines are machines step up issues in time... Is not like Servers go down for 5 minutes after months of stability (if was the case), and you come to ask for reward instead of asking if everything's ok and if problem is short-time fixable. They come from a 25h stream doing some money for donations and you come with "hey, gimme my reward" xd L.M.F.A.O
    "Let's help some children while we can't even help our server stay stable."
    Servers are a mess since Aces Wild update and looks like nothing has been done to solve this problem, Tera isn't some kind of private server and it does enough profit to we at least have some decent servers, so why we don't have?
    The idea of help children is nice, but first take care of the servers. Isn't cool when everything's a mess, but you try dye everything pink to looks beautiful.
  • Kyutaru wrote: »
    I'll take 600 Fashion Vouchers as compensation please.

Why 600? i've 13k of that, m8 be mount or something like that
  • Our primary concern is getting server connectivity stabilized. We are planning some form of compensation for the stability problems, but we haven't finalized those plans.
  • @Geletron thank you very much for this info :)
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    memster wrote: »
    Dhrizzit wrote: »
    1 day elite status pls

you cheap mofo

How does this make him cheap? Elite is really the only viable compensation request one could ask for, since with elite you're paying for a timed item and downtime effectively removes that playing time. If I drop 20 bucks on elite but can't even play when I want to because of downtime, lag, and constant instability, then that time should be refunded in my opinion. It's the same as when there's a service interruption with anything else you'd subscribe to; you're not expected to pay for the time in which you couldn't use it, because that would be asinine.
2»