Recent Server Stability Issues

edited December 2016 in General Discussion
UPDATE 12/14 @ 3:50 p.m. PST:

Dreamstorm has been disabled in an effort to improve some of the issues individual players are reporting.

We'll be posting a full summary of recent network incidents that impacted TERA's overall network performance as well as details surrounding a compensation package tomorrow (12/15/2016).

We appreciate all the reports players have submitted in this thread. They will aid in our continued investigation and monitoring of TERA's server performance going forward. In order to separate major network incidents from isolated, player-specific issues, we are locking this thread as it has served its purpose.

Hi all,

There are a lot of threads about this topic already. We've read all your posts, but I'll be closing/merging those threads so we can get conversation all in one stickied place (right here).

We're definitely aware of how much trouble the servers have been experiencing lately. Every indication that we've received thus far is that the cause of the instability is external, either brought on by attacks on our data center or general internet congestion, but that's really no excuse. The prolonged instability the game has suffered lately is unacceptable for an En Masse game and we know you guys agree.

We have our Operations team looking at this with the highest urgency. We'll be meeting directly with the affected service providers today in hopes of narrowing down exactly what the problem is. Denommenator and I will post in this thread when we know more. Obviously it's super frustrating to experience lag and disconnects like this even when you know it's being investigated, but we ask that you try to stay patient while we pursue a concrete and hopefully lasting resolution. Once we're confident that some resolution has been reached, we'll begin to discuss the appropriate compensation for our players. Thanks all!

Comments

• Reserving to communicate further information.
  • edited November 2016
    I'll ask what everyone wondering:

Triple drop extension?

:/
  • edited November 2016
    Do double drop event. Another triple drop is too much. Or do an event for semis... dragon token event would be nice too. u dont really have to listen to me.
  • i was on last boss of channelworks when i crashed, i demand my loot back. this is unacceptable.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Once we're confident that some resolution has been reached, we'll begin to discuss the appropriate compensation for our players. Thanks all!

He said they will compensate us somehow, so... lets hope it'll be worth it. Altho... still... extension of triple drop sounds marvelous !
  • @UnbanCuatal
    Lawls. Try being in RMHM run for 3 hours and constant 3+ players crashing during runs. Then finally being at 3% the server lags out for everyone boss resets.

This is what I come to a game for!
  • Extend triple drop please QQ Lost so much time being stuck outside of the game this weekend.
  • Fix the latency peaks for all players, that would be a good compensation, otherwise everything else you do is taking buckets of water out of a sinking boat. Plug that hole and everyone will be happy.
  • I gather that it is annoying, it happens in every game, every where. EME community cries way too much.
  • Koikoi wrote: »
    I'll ask what everyone wondering:

Triple drop extension?

:/

Nope its over.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    I gather that it is annoying, it happens in every game, every where. EME community cries way too much.

as if u never cried in any forum thread :D ur so funny
  • Mietze wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    I gather that it is annoying, it happens in every game, every where. EME community cries way too much.

as if u never cried in any forum thread :D ur so funny

I cry often when needed, 2M thread about lag is not a good sign, crying over and over won't help, it shields the holes which needs to be fixed. Community recently is crying harder than many which are crying over something else recently lol
  • if u dont complain nothing gonna change anything while u see aswell alot threads made and nothing changed aswell so wheres the balance?
  • @Spacecats @Denommenator thanks for the update with the status on the lag situation. Is there anything we can do on our end to help, like trace route or our ISP info we can give to assist? I personally don't have lag or DC issues much myself but I see it happen to others on my screen and it's quite annoying to say the least.
  • Still getting lag spikes of +100ms today
This discussion has been closed.