[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Fix VM Design drops

Comments

• EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players kick +12 guile players all the time, when it's more than enough to run any end-game DG. They inspect, then they kick. It's not as if they go to the first boss and carry the person first, they just assume they're bad because they can't steamroll through and kick 'till they get someone in +15. Happens in every MMO, just the way the cancerous playerbase is.

Yes, people first invite then kick after checking for +15 :expressionless:
  • Desusky wrote: »
    digitrevx wrote: »
    Desusky wrote: »
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    u dont need +15 to play the game stop complaining

you don't need +15 to play the game, you need it to find a group for endgame dungeons, cause there is a whole bunch of elitists who won't take you in party with mid tier gear.

or maybe read a guide and watch videos and learn the dungeon
    dont expect for a carry all the time

What is your problem and what do you not get about the actual type of players in the game? We aren't even talking about how well you know the dungeon or game or if you need carried. I've seen super [filtered] +15 players. The point is if you want a group your odds of getting one in mid teir at different stages of the game are worse then with a +15 weapon.

The complaint isn't even about the +15 weapon the complaint is about getting the stupid [filtered] design to craft it. It feels cheap and unnecessary hassle implemented by people that are disconnected with how people view the work that goes into this.

i was replying to the other guy who complained about "elitiest +15 players" not accepting ppl
    and to u, do u realize u dont HAVE to have a +15 gear to play end game?
    if u are so busy with other responsibilities why are u still on this forum?
    stop playing and go take care of ur real life stuff

also just to remind everyone
    the vm designs were originally like this.
    if u remember back in VM1 days, designs were individually dropped
    i remember some designs selling for 500k + back then, mind u this was back when emp rate was 1:4 or lower

The VM1 designs were like this. And it was awful then too, but at least when you got the design+all the mats you didn't have to deal with +15. I wouldn't mind the design system if it wasn't for the fact that people with mountains of gold will buy out all the designs on the market and transfer them to MT. And the Eau de fascinations. Thanks guys.

I much preferred the system we had from WH and beyond especially post +15. And yeah, I know you don't "need" it for endgame, but good luck getting into 30-man raid groups with guile.
  • Sidetracked a bit. 30man is not gonna be lfg. It's gonna be static. (elitism). You are never gonna get into one if you are not already in one.
    And yes I agree VM designs should drop a tad more often. Not like strongboxes-kinda-often, but at least make the rng so that chances of it dropping is good every few runs.
    During this triple drop, I saw 0 designs. Lkhm, rmhm, rmnm, sshm. All nothing. Zero. Thanks for the rng. But I'm not complaining. It's kinda fun in its own way. Looking forward to designs then it never drops then you get disappointed and the you run again, rinse and repeat. It gives me a reason to the dungeons even though the mechanics got boring.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    NikuroTega wrote: »
    It's a end-game gear design. It should be rare, not handed out like candy.

Are you kidding me. The mats required are rare enough considering how much is needed. The design does not need to be treated as if its a weapon drop it self on top of all the consumables needed to craft it. This doesn't even count to stuff needed to +15 in. Again the complaint is the DESIGN drop.

I'm not kidding. The design SHOULD be treated as a weapon drop just like VM1 days. Be thankful that the mats actually drop most if not all the time.

• Getting VM1 and enchanting it to +12 was magnitudes more difficult than getting VM8 and enchanting it to +15.

It was so much more difficult that comparing the two is laughable.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Getting VM1 and enchanting it to +12 was magnitudes more difficult than getting VM8 and enchanting it to +15.

It was so much more difficult that comparing the two is laughable.

While I do agree with you 100%, my comment was aimed towards the comparison in item drop rates.

Everyone want things easy nowadays.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    just wait for lakan's prison
  • here's an idea, keep running the dungeon that drops the design and stop whining that none drop, one will eventually. if you can't handle that, then you shouldn't be trying to craft vm8 or you shouldn't be playing at all. oh no, some logic that you won't like, most of your type don't.
  • edited November 2016
    Montblanck wrote: »
    Still @OP, there is a solution though. Just buy whatever you need off broker.

What kinda solution is that? The drop rate makes price gouging on the broker ridiculous. It still is rediculous. Why should I spend 100k for a design when I've collected hundreds of k in materials to craft it and enchant it all because it does not drop. There is a point in which it's not reasonable, and not fun. And before you say it's not supposed to be fun. What is the point of Tera?

Most people aren't on your side here. Go play Black Desert and you'll see how terrible the RNG is and how grindy it is compared to Tera. There is nothing wrong with the system as it is. It's a matter of progression and you're far too lazy to attain it. There are already people on my server with multiple Ambush parts and some with full Ambush gear already. How? They didn't come to the forums like a whiny [filtered] and ask for a hand-out. They worked for it and got it.

You know, it's funny really. You come to the forums and cry a bit and then expect the devs to change the game just for you like you're some princess. It's not going to happen. Now gtfo.
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Montblanck wrote: »
    Still @OP, there is a solution though. Just buy whatever you need off broker.

What kinda solution is that? The drop rate makes price gouging on the broker ridiculous. It still is rediculous. Why should I spend 100k for a design when I've collected hundreds of k in materials to craft it and enchant it all because it does not drop. There is a point in which it's not reasonable, and not fun. And before you say it's not supposed to be fun. What is the point of Tera?

Most people aren't on your side here. Go play Black Desert and you'll see how terrible the RNG is and how grindy it is compared to Tera. There is nothing wrong with the system as it is. It's a matter of progression and you're far too lazy to attain it. There are already people on my server with multiple Ambush parts and some with full Ambush gear already. How? They didn't come to the forums like a whiny [filtered] and ask for a hand-out. They worked for it and got it.

You know, it's funny really. You come to the forums and cry a bit and then expect the devs to change the game just for you like you're some princess. It's not going to happen. Now gtfo.

Funny, I have several gear worth of materials yet I saw 0 design drop for me, I got no millions in my bank to buy them.
    There is no hard work in it as there is no failure cap. Like collect 100 of this charm and you can buy one.
    Noone wants it handed to them.We want better drop rates. I have seen only 1 design drop for someone and it wasn't even for my class.

The high sorcerer and ninja and healer demand for cloth items while I am sure the drop rate is even for every piece makes it impossible to gear my ninja.
    If I were to buy all the designs from the broker now: Weapon 700k, gloves 400k, shoes 100k, armor i don't know but thats 1.2 million right there. And lets not count the Handle and Fascination which is designed to get from other people.
    At this point I started to gear my archer, because that cost me 200k only, not 1.2m... gg
  • Drop rates for the designs are fine where they are right now. It's only because Ninja and Sorc clothe stuffs are expensive due to the massive population playing on that classes.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    kamizuma wrote: »
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    u dont need +15 to play the game stop complaining

you don't need +15 to play the game, you need it to find a group for endgame dungeons, cause there is a whole bunch of elitists who won't take you in party with mid tier gear.

or maybe read a guide and watch videos and learn the dungeon
    dont expect for a carry all the time

What is your problem and what do you not get about the actual type of players in the game? We aren't even talking about how well you know the dungeon or game or if you need carried. I've seen super [filtered] +15 players. The point is if you want a group your odds of getting one in mid teir at different stages of the game are worse then with a +15 weapon.

The complaint isn't even about the +15 weapon the complaint is about getting the stupid [filtered] design to craft it. It feels cheap and unnecessary hassle implemented by people that are disconnected with how people view the work that goes into this.

i was replying to the other guy who complained about "elitiest +15 players" not accepting ppl
    and to u, do u realize u dont HAVE to have a +15 gear to play end game?
    if u are so busy with other responsibilities why are u still on this forum?
    stop playing and go take care of ur real life stuff

also just to remind everyone
    the vm designs were originally like this.
    if u remember back in VM1 days, designs were individually dropped
    i remember some designs selling for 500k + back then, mind u this was back when emp rate was 1:4 or lower

aww ye vm1 lancer chest designs for 900k good times

Or regent at 30k each piece even in the first month of wonderholme patch,
    It's a end-game gear design. It should be rare, not handed out like candy.

Are you kidding me. The mats required are rare enough considering how much is needed. The design does not need to be treated as if its a weapon drop it self on top of all the consumables needed to craft it. This doesn't even count to stuff needed to +15 in. Again the complaint is the DESIGN drop.

I'm not kidding. The design SHOULD be treated as a weapon drop just like VM1 days. Be thankful that the mats actually drop most if not all the time.

never forget sandra quills and argon vitrol drop rates ;)

or chest/weapon drop rate, we didnt had smartboxes, so we had to pray for rng
  • In my humble opinion, when designs are costing 50-60% as much as the finished +15, there may be an issue somewhere.
    Whether that's design drop rates, material or feedstock scarcity, or the +15 RNG mountain, I do not know.

And while I agree that BiS should not be easy to get, the gap between it and the patch's mid-tier set shouldn't be so high that mid-tier feels woefully inadequate.

As the enchanting npc says, "the pinnacle is not for everyone." However with the game's current state, +15 is becoming increasingly necessary.

I don't pretend to know what the solution could be, but I don't agree with the notion that it's all just fine as is.
  • I didn't get or see a single design throughout triple drop. Even though I spammed through rmhm. And I never once thought that it's not ok. I just thought, "damn, unlucky again- time to go for another try." if you want design to drop every 2 runs then you should probably go for another game. You are not suited for the grindy nature of mmorpgs.
  • VM1 things were so expansive due the F2P conversion, everything got inflated, pre F2P the VM1 was much easier to craft. Also, the difference from a Abyss vs Regent vs Visionmaker cannot even be compared to a Guile vs Ambsuh. +15 broke the balance that we used to have between the gears.
This discussion has been closed.