[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Recent Server Stability Issues

Comments

• Willette wrote: »
    Aww that sudden crash... disconnected in mid dungeon fight. Was worried how they will survive without tank but at least we all crashed xD
    Do we have any ETA for when server is back up?

As the red banners on the forum say, it is a DDoS attack, not possible to know when the attack will end.
  • Servers are currently unavailable. This appears to be the result of a DDoS attack in the area our servers are held.
    What else is on the servers in that area? Any good reason for a DDoS attack or just people being dumb? Genuinely curious what kind of motive there could be.
  • Everytime a server crashes they say its a DDoS attack,you should change your repertory a little, it's getting old
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Soryon wrote: »
    Servers are currently unavailable. This appears to be the result of a DDoS attack in the area our servers are held.
    What else is on the servers in that area? Any good reason for a DDoS attack or just people being dumb? Genuinely curious what kind of motive there could be.

If I'm not mistaken, there are a quite a few services (gaming and others) that host stuff in Chicago because of its central(-ish) location within the States. I believe that's why there are WoW servers in Chicago.

There is currently a LOT of [filtered] going on with the Internet right now, with services going down left, right and centre. I mean, it wasn't that long ago since CCTV cameras took down Dyn, the ISP for services like Twitter. And that's saying something.
  • ERA2 wrote: »
    Everytime a server crashes they say its a DDoS attack,you should change your repertory a little, it's getting old

You don`t get several servers crashing at the same time, the nature of crashes is random malfunctions.
  • Heheheh, I actually find this quite exciting.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    ERA2 wrote: »
    Everytime a server crashes they say its a DDoS attack,you should change your repertory a little, it's getting old

IIRC, that wasn't the case when the servers went down during what was supposed to be the first Civil Unrest Velika.
  • Servers are back up.
    A little laggy, but I got into game alright.
  • Confirmed that servers are now back up.
  • VysseVysse ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Confirmed that servers are now back up.

Thanks good sir! Can I ask if these recent DDOS attacks are on TERA NA directly or?
  • Good job guys you can't even do your jobs and keep the servers running so the game is playable, not sure about other people but I will never be spending another penny on this game, ever.
  • Apparently Zayo was turned back on, and surprise surprise, the lag and packet loss is back. :(
    lGjV5D6.png
    4kf1JNf.png
  • Game is literally unplayable right now. 400ms ping from less than 100 miles away from the server.
  • I literally started playing the game this week, and I liked it a lot, so I upgraded to Elite minutes before these servers started going down. Now I can't play and regret wasting the money. If I had only waited 5 more minutes!
  • Alkon20 wrote: »
    I literally started playing the game this week, and I liked it a lot, so I upgraded to Elite minutes before these servers started going down. Now I can't play and regret wasting the money. If I had only waited 5 more minutes!

But now you learned.
This discussion has been closed.