[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Best/most op class right now ?

Comments

• Inamorata wrote: »
    You'll need to do more then try classes, more then play them for a few levels, you'll need to go all the way to 65 and play AT 65.

See...what you will experience from 1 to 65 is totally different from what you'll experience at 65. Just a lil tiny detail.

True, but the 1-65 time will give you a feel for how the class should play, so it's not useless.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    XR6GREJ4WD wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    sorcerer

in some months it will be archer

in some months it will be warrior, in some months another new class, in some months it will be other non-revamp classes.

You never quite make worthy post lately.

man thanks captain obvious, i only answer to his question and anyway he never said he will made only one class in his tera carrer and it is not like you know when we will get warrior, berserker, slayer etc revamp

we have sorcerer and we know when we will get the archer
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    3GW4JLAAD9 wrote: »
    Hello,im thinking of downloading tera again and this time really trying to play the game.What classes would be good right now ? as for pvp and pve,are there any unbalanced classes ? Whats the current state of the game?Or what class would be really worth playing right now ?

Best/most OP class in Tera right now is obviously the Beekeeper!
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best class has been changing rather often this last year. Before it was Gunner, then it became Slayer/Gunner, then it was Brawler, then it was Ninja, now it's Sorc/Ninja and soon it will be Archer. A better question would be what are low tier classes as low tier classes tend to stay low tier for a while. Other than that, it's better to find a class that fits your playstyle and stick with that. It is unlikely the class you pick will impact your ability to find groups as you're more likely to be avoided due to gear rolls, crystal setup, attitude, or just not playing well.
  • LYE5HFXP3J wrote: »
    people here don't like this kind of question lol,
    But of course? These kinds of people don't even stick around long enough to make this question even worth mentioning. They just become floormasters using instance matching system and quits the game. They don't even learn the basics and fundamental first and thinks an OP class will carry their lazy brains to win at everything. There are too many people swiping credits cards buying VM7 gear and ends up performing worse DPS and dies more than Slaughter low-tier gear who spends time learning the game rather than asking vague questions. People who has more sense wouldn't ask this question and focuses more on how to improve their overall experience rather than having a one-track mind like this individual is doing asking "what is OP right now?"

This. You just said it all.

I remember on Blade & Soul kids going on streams asking which is the best race and class to start the game instead of doing research and playing it themselves. If the majority of people here says Slayer is the most OP class, he is definatelly going to play Slayer, because people said is "owpi".
    I used to know a guy from my guild years ago exactly the way you described, threw a lot of real money into the game, bought the materials with the gold he made, crafted the best gear in the game just to feel superior but didnt even knew how to use it.

People who ask stupid questions like this, they don't want to make the cake it takes too long, it's "better" to buy it done already in their hands, it's faster.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    LYE5HFXP3J wrote: »
    people here don't like this kind of question lol,
    But of course? These kinds of people don't even stick around long enough to make this question even worth mentioning. They just become floormasters using instance matching system and quits the game. They don't even learn the basics and fundamental first and thinks an OP class will carry their lazy brains to win at everything. There are too many people swiping credits cards buying VM7 gear and ends up performing worse DPS and dies more than Slaughter low-tier gear who spends time learning the game rather than asking vague questions. People who has more sense wouldn't ask this question and focuses more on how to improve their overall experience rather than having a one-track mind like this individual is doing asking "what is OP right now?"

This. You just said it all.

I remember on Blade & Soul kids going on streams asking which is the best race and class to start the game instead of doing research and playing it themselves. If the majority of people here says Slayer is the most OP class, he is definatelly going to play Slayer, because people said is "owpi".
    I used to know a guy from my guild years ago exactly the way you described, threw a lot of real money into the game, bought the materials with the gold he made, crafted the best gear in the game just to feel superior but didnt even knew how to use it.

People who ask stupid questions like this, they don't want to make the cake it takes too long, it's "better" to buy it done already in their hands, it's faster.

This. All this right here!
  • Ketoth wrote: »
    Hello,im thinking of downloading tera again and this time really trying to play the game.What classes would be good right now ? as for pvp and pve,are there any unbalanced classes ? Whats the current state of the game?Or what class would be really worth playing right now ?

The one you are skilled with.

Complete and utter horseshit.

Theoretically speaking, two equally skilled players in the same circumstances playing two different classes with the same gear will not have the same results. A sorc will always outdps a slayer, ninja will outdps a gunner, etc. This is the result of class imbalances. Skill does not determine what classes are overpowered and which are not.

However, this is not the case with most classes and players. But fundamentally speaking in raw terms of damage output, sorcerer and ninja are the most overpowered. Archer will be boosted to ninja and sorc level when the 30-man dungeon comes out.

• Inamorata wrote: »
    You'll need to do more then try classes, more then play them for a few levels, you'll need to go all the way to 65 and play AT 65.

See...what you will experience from 1 to 65 is totally different from what you'll experience at 65. Just a lil tiny detail.

True, but the 1-65 time will give you a feel for how the class should play, so it's not useless.

Not really no. I understand what you mean...it gives anyone a basic feel at the class obviously but, does it really tell you how it plays at the 65's demanding level? i dont think it does.

Also read the majority of sentiment on this thread and you will understand how unforgiving to new players 65 game play is. Its kinda like joining the special forces lol
  • Archer revamp is on it's way and proberbly gonna make an inpact in dps overall. Might be #1. I would get started on leveling one now.
  • zerk. kd combo. cant be kd if played right. 1 shot the fools and outplay the ones who try :')
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Masioceto wrote: »
    Ketoth wrote: »

The one you are skilled with.

Complete and utter horseshit.

Theoretically speaking, two equally skilled players in the same circumstances playing two different classes with the same gear will not have the same results. A sorc will always outdps a slayer, ninja will outdps a gunner, etc. This is the result of class imbalances. Skill does not determine what classes are overpowered and which are not.

However, this is not the case with most classes and players. But fundamentally speaking in raw terms of damage output, sorcerer and ninja are the most overpowered. Archer will be boosted to ninja and sorc level when the 30-man dungeon comes out.

But the fact remains that it is very rare that a newcomer will have the same skill level as someone who has been playing for years.

And even if you are looking at "what does the most damage at the highest level", the difference is narrowing. It isn't obvious now but it is indeed narrowing.

I personally feel it is better to play whatever you feel is most fluid to you.
  • I have to agree with some of the comments about trying different classes. level up different ones to a decent level and then make your decision. I mained an archer until reaper came out. I liked the reaper better. I tried the gunner but got bored of it. I leveled up brawler to 65, and enjoyed it. then I leveled up a ninja to 65 and loved how fast it moved. I didn't care for priest, warrior, or sorc. I haven't tried lancer or zerk yet, just haven't been inclined to. I tried mystic a couple of months ago after a friend of mine talked me into it, and I loved it. now that is all I play. I use my mystic as a dps. also I solo pretty much 100% of the time on all my classes. I am not very skilled with the game, but I found I can do everything I want to do with my mystic. so it all boils down to what you will enjoy. I hope you stay with the game and I hope you find happiness with it. good luck and have fun.....and don't stand under the sky whale, you do not want to get pooped on by him lol.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    any class can be op and outdps any class as long as you manage to master it. some classes require more work to master.
  • mollyyamollyya ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The order of factors that matter your TERA game play
    1. Ping
    2. Skill
    3. Gear
    4. Class

If you have good ping, then good skill with best in slot gear you are a god in any class.
  • ^

So true